1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 AM

Type of Improvement:
Sound hit FX
Explanation of Proposal
I know the sound engine is not final yet, but at least we need sounds for bullet and cannon hits in our AC, to actually know when we are hit by enemy fire, now all sound like passing by bullets around your plane with almost no hit sound.
Benefits
Pilots can know when they are hit by AAA or other planes and how hard the were hit

Type of Improvement:
DM, CEM
Explanation of Proposal:
Will be great for imersion to have randon damage on the plane and instruments like in RL was, sudenly a gauge stop working or just give a miss reading or jumping around, same for engine and guns. For CEM a few day ago i had a hard crash and when i hit the ground all the lights in the cockpit died, the batteries are modelled??? if it so can be enabled to be switch on/off in cockpit and this device can be damage by enemy fire???
Benefits:
Pilots will also have to check not only fuel, oil, and temps but amper gauges too, and it will give more realism to start up and flight in general
Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 AM

Type of Improvement:
Visible pilot in cockpit view.
Explanation of Proposal
A switchable pilot figure in the pilot's seatt of fighters and bombers that is visible in the 'in cockpit' view.
Benefits:
Chiefly for making movies, this feature would enhance the ability of movie makers to produce believable film using CloD. As it is pilots have to be inserted using third party software.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-01-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Type of improvement:
game executable(rename)

Explanation of proposals:
Launcher.exe is too generic, Nvidia game profiles conflict because several other games also use launcher.exe . Rename the game to something like IL2COD.exe to remove the conflict with other titles that use launcher.exe as an executable.

Benefits:
Prevent profile conflicts / undesired game profile driver settings

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-01-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:04 AM

Type of improvement:
More realistic/dynamic engine temperature model

For full realism I'd also like to see the following factors affect engine operating temperature please:

altitude (colder air at altitude = cooler)
airspeed (more air through radiator = cooler)
radiator obstructions (like lowered landing gear leg on spit)
mixture (richer mixture = cooler)
boost (lower boost = cooler)
rpm (lower rpm = cooler) WE HAVE THIS ONE

Also radiator flap setting should affect speed and yaw.

In addition, the early marks of Spitfire had a single radiator that was partially obscured by a landing gear leg. This made in necessary to takeoff reasonably quickly and avoid lengthy taxying.
It would be nice to feel the same urgency to avoid overheating on the ground as the real pilots did in the battle. Currently, I can run at high throttle on the ground for long periods without any overheating problems.

Some interesting notes from Spit II manual:

The coolant temperature is controlled by a thermostatic control (automatic) and a radiator flap which regulates the flow of air through the radiator, but which cannot be fully closed. The position of the radiator flap affects the lateral trim of the aircraft (the radiator being under the starboard wing) and can usually be kept in the closed position during cruising flight.

ACTIONS AFTER TAKE-OFF
Close the radiator shutter (unless a high power climb is done,
when the lever should be a little forward).

Benefits:
Greater need to watch gauges and manage engine. Improved immersion - you feel you have a real engine up front.
User experiences the same problems that pilots of the day had to face. Increased tension before takeoff.

Thank you devs
Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Type of improvement:
User interface

Changeable player name in-game. As in, have an in-game menu to change player name so that you don't have to change Steam name to have the desired name in CloD.

Benefits:
Many Steam users play in first-person-shooter clans as well as in flight sim squads, or so I would guess. Have one squad mate that qualifies for this. So if I use Steam name "Clan_MyName" or just "MyName", I could still use "Squad_MyName" in CloD.
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack

Last edited by Untamo; 03-08-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:50 PM

Questions...

1) Will i be able to join a Sqd and enter a pilots name?

2) Will there be a dynamic single player campagin?

3) Has the AI been improved upon for BOM?

4) Will BOM have new radio commands?

5) Has BOM been programed to handle the new types of FSAA?

6) Has the DM been worked on?

7) Is the ground handling better than CLOD?

8 ) The FMs i bet will be much more accurate than CLOD, can you tell me how?

9) Will BOM ship with the server docs and SDKs so the community can get to work creating new and exciting content for BOM straight way?

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-08-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM

Type of improvement: Separate Ground and Air kills and Deaths
Explanation: Ground kill stats should be available separately and it would be good if ground-attack deaths could be recorded separately from air-combat deaths to get separate K/Ds but I'm not sure how that would be done - perhaps "last target damaged" identification would classify the Death, perhaps for Ground Targets there might be a time window like 'death occurring within 10 minutes of last ground-target damaged'. The kills would come from the object type.
Benefit: More relevant Stats. Not much point in having them if they aren't relevant.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 AM

Type of modification: User Interface

Modification: Change color in the map for the active ariports. When in map about to enter in the game choosing an airport to take off would be better to change the active airports with the colour of the faction because the great amount of airports needs that the usable airports have a colour with much more contrast respect to the not usable ones.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:44 PM

Hi!

The following list of your suggestions will be passed to Ilya Shevchenko. Some of the suggestions is taken from Russian forum. Those suggestions that are not included in the list - is already in development or already in the game. All new requests fall into the list of number 5.

Thank you for your work!

P.S.
List 3 (in Russian) - http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1769386

Quote:
1. FMB

1.1 Type of improvement: Full Mission Editor

Explanation of proposals: Add a Only Ai command to Airgroup Option.

Benefits: Usefull for CooP Game, so Missionbuilder can better manage the planes that can select by players.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...7&postcount=79

1.2 Type of improvement: Full Mission Editor

Explanation of proposals: Add a speed parameter to ground actors.

Benefits: At the moment the speed of ground actor differs, which is nice but if you build for example a german "Panzer Keil" the medium and light tanks are faster than the heavy tanks. So building of a historic correct "Panzer Keil" is impossible at the moment.

1.3 Type of improvement: Full Mission Editor

Explanation of proposals: Add a wait-Waipoint to ground actors (maybe AiAircrafts also).

Benefits: So it would possible to let a train wait at a trainstation.
Maybe it would possible to add a idle command to AiGroundActors, for better Mission-Timing. Ok i can use gpPostMissionLoad, but i get Spawn Lags if using.

1.4 Type of improvement: Full Mission Editor

Explanation of proposals: Add a Despawn Waipoint.

Benefits: So a Missionbuilder can easily clean up his mission to avoid slow down. Ok i can use OnActorTaskComplete but it would easier without scripting.

1.5 Type of improvement: Script

Explanation of proposals: A command or Parameter to avoid generation of "server" chat messages

Benefits: I would like to use my own messages, at the moment i get both.

1.6 Type of improvement: Script

Explanation of proposals: A command or Parameter to get player statistics generated by the game

Benefits: Maybe its possible but i didn't find a way to get them.

1.7 Type of improvement: Include a Observation post object

Create a Observation post object that can be placed by the mission designer. When enemy aircraft come within a set distance to OP it will trigger a message stating an approximate Number, speed, heading, type and altitude of the enemy flight similar to current radar messages, though in a much more limited area and incorporate a realistic ammount of error and delay into these observations

Benefits: Added realism. One of the reasons an Outnumbered RAF was so effective in the Battle of Britain was that they had better situational awareness of their airspace.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=134

1.8 Type of improvement: Modified Spawn system for human pilots and an option for AI pilots in the Full Mission Builder.

Explaination of Proposals: Rather than spawning people in aircraft, have them spawn near or inside (If possible) an airfields barracks. You would then control your aviator and be able to walk a static aircraft that you spawned on the spawn preselection screen (Location, loadout, paint scheme, etcetera) and you would be able to hop into the aircraft or any other static aircraft already (Like if a mission builder had put some static aircraft that would get default loadout except bombers which would get a historical loadout and respawn after a set amount of time) be able to take the position of another crew member. This would also allow people to go to flak guns as they please and leave if they want. Also, if a pilot bailed out overground, that person could either respawn upon contact with the ground or find something else to do (like stealing an enemy fighter). This barracks would also be a moveable spawn point such that if we ever get drivable vehiciles, we can spawn in the front lines.

Benefits: A totally new layer of immersion that can be opted out if you don't want to but I would find this quite interesting to have if possible and thanks for your commitment to the game.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=135

1.9 Type of improvement: Map Tool Protractor

Explanation of proposals: The map tool protractor does only display any angle from 0° to 180° and from 180° back to 0°. The protractor should display any angle from 0° up to 360° instead.

Benefits: To get the vector e.g. from Marck to Wissant there's no way to display the right value 245°. Calculating a course vector and set it to the compass (Peilzeiger) gauge would be much easier (see image).

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...6&postcount=92

1.10 Type of improvement: Static damaged air-plane objects

Explanation of proposals: Right now there doesn't seem to be a way to spawn static aircraft in a (visible) damaged condition.

Benefits: I can think of many ways how this can aid in building immersive and exciting missions/campaigns as well as creating a more life like airfield.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...9&postcount=91

1.11 Type of improvement: Please put 1 bridge on the Fields Online Map (Land$Online_Map2) in the next patch.

Explanation of proposals: Currently all the AI tanks & Vehicles re-route around the bottom of the map to get around the river.

Benefits: Great online games can be plaid with ai vehicles and This mission would then be great for both sides to jump into tanks and AAA guns to defend and capture the front lines.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=140

1.12 Type of improvement: Enhance custom vehicle columns & export them to a new txt file

Explanation of proposals: Currently custom vehicle columns are limited to 8 vehicles. This doesn't allow for more than a battery of guns (with towing vehicles), a platoon of tanks or a small supply column. That greatly limits the ability to merge different vehicle types into road traffic that brings the world around the player alive.
My suggestion is to remove the 8-vehicle limit completely (it can be circumvented by using an external txt editor anyway) and save user created columns in specific txt-based files in a new folder in the missions folder (i.e. PRESETS).

Benefits: This way custom columns could be saved for later use & shared via the internet. More and longer columns can be created easily to ease the workload of mission designers. Additionally a "library" for real-life columns can be created to give other mission designes access to such information.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...5&postcount=95

1.13 Type of improvement: Small white smoke plume to FMB

Explanation of proposals: Small white smoke plume in FMB could be used to depict a more lifelike landscape with stubble burning that could look very cool from air. Just playing with FMB and missing that a lot.

Another option could be a generic smoke plume with parameters like size, color diameter etc, so we can build any smoke plume we need from countryside, burning cities to battlefields.

Benefits: Inmersion

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=151

1.14 Type of Improvement: Adjustment of the AI skill sliders

Explanation of proposal: Introduce a new slider, for ground attack/bombing

Benefits: Separate bombing accuracy from turret gunner accuracy, currently, the only way to get consistent hits on target from an AI bomber vs. a smaller, moving target is to have their AI Gunnery set to Veteran or above. This produces nice ground attack results, but also increases the gunners' accuracy to the point of getting 100% kills within 2 seconds of enemy aircraft entering their arc of fire, regardless of approach angle or speed.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=164

1.15 Type of improvement: Create definable "target zones" for artillery

Explanation of proposals: Currently (again) artillery objects such as the german 10,5cm leFH 18 acts as if it were an AT gun. That means it will fire only on directly visible enemy objects within a rather short range (under 1000m). This is totally incorrect for what artillery really is, it's an indirect-fire weapon used over greater distances.
I propose to create a "target zone" category which can be placed by the mission designer on the map and assigned to objects of this type (meaning mid- and long-range howitzers and artillery guns) for shelling. If the target box is within the gun's range (i.e. the 10,5cm leFH 18 had a range of about 10000m) the gun will shell the assigned area. Add values for timing (i.e. "start shelling at [GAMETIME]" and "cease shelling at [GAMETIME]") and intensity of fire (i.e. harrassing fire [= 1 or 2 shells per minute] to annihilation fire [= as fast as the gunners can manage]) to further enhance the control of the mission designer)

Benefits: With this method the mission designer can finally have the amount of control over the artillery objects that he should have. And, of course, give the artillery the role it had in reality.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...5&postcount=95

1.16 Вид улучшения: Редактор, артиллерия

Пояснение предложения: Просьба добавить возможность задать артиллерии, танкам и т.п. площадь для обстрела.

Преимущества: Расширяет возможности по созданию миссий, что привлечет новых пользователей

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1772349

1.17 Вид улучшения: Редактор, Объекты

Пояснение предложения:
1. Проблема со зданиями.
Сейчас здания НЕ ЗАГРУЖАЮТСЯ из подмиссий. Это заводы-фабрики, окопы и другие очень нужные объекты. Ставить все объекты в подмиссиях часто просто невозможно, т.к. может быть неизвестно какие из подмиссий будут загружены. Просьба сделать так, чтобы ВСЕ объекты из подмиссий могли загружаться на карту, это очень важно для создания красивых,интересных и динамических миссий. Чтобы имитировать цель завод, склад и т.п. приходится прибегать к способу из ЗС - ставить машинку внутрь здания. Но машинка эта не статическая и должна иметь вэйпоинты, отсюда большая нагрузка на сервер - значит меньше объектов на карте, нереалистичность, проблемы и лишняя трата времени дизайнера миссии. К тому же все автомобили уничтожаются с трех пуль винтовочного калибра выпущенных в любое место.
Просьба добавить зданиям возможность учета в скриптах(аналогично артиллерии) и загрузку их через подмиссии

2. Проблема со статиками.
Этот вопрос еще более важный. Сейчас нельзя определить, что статик (объект "Статический" из редактора) уничтожен, т.к. метод OnActorDead() для них не работает. Следовательно мы имеем такую проблемы:
-миссию со статиками можно загрузить только один раз, так как мы не знаем были ли уничтожены объекты текущей миссии. Сами из скрипта мы их тоже не сможем убрать. Есть возможность отслеживать уничтожение статика через триггер, но триггеры работают некорректно - не всегда срабатывают, что делает их невозможным использование на серверах.
Просьба добавить статикам возможность учета в скриптах(аналогично артиллерии)

3. Просьба добавить возможность объединять корабли в конвои с возможностью задать строй аналогично самолетам

4. Просьба добавить технике в колоннах возможность задать строй аналогично самолетам. Сейчас они идут в атаку стройной колонной, затем друг в друга упираются и расстреливаются артиллерией. Нереалистично и совершенно не подходит для создания миссии (за исключением движения колонн по дорогам...)

Преимущества: Очевидны, больше хороших миссий, больше пользователей

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1772152

1.18 Вид улучшения: Полный редактор

Пояснение предложения: Добавление объекта. Добавление объекта "Мина", в настоящее время есть объект "Взрыв бомбы", очень красиво выполненный, эффектный, но, к сожалению, совершенно не эффективный. Не наносит поражения самому незащищенному объекту. Хотелось бы добавить объект "Мина" с помощью которого можно было бы минировать дороги. Либо, изменить свойства объекта "Взрыв бомбы" добавлением к нему двух свойств, прозрачность, и поражение, при возможности регулируемые. Прозрачность позволит размещать объект там, где он необходим по замыслу автора, а поражающий эффект позволит получить желаемое. Прозрачность может быть "триггерной", "видно - не видно", а поражение регулироваться по радиусу. Возможно изготовить несколько объектов с различными радиусами поражения. И привести их характеристики к тротиловому эквиваленту, конечно же его игровой инкарнации.

Преимущества: Дополнит и разнообразит действия наземки.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1772340

1.19 Вид улучшения: Полный редактор

Пояснение предложения: Фиксирование сортировки. В настоящее время при переходе из раздела в раздел в "Браузере Объектов" есть два варианта строки "Упорядочить" "По умолчанию" и по "Стране" Хотелось бы настройку фиксации выбора сортировки. При подготовке шаблона приходится переключаться между разделами и настройка сортирования по "Стране" весьма удобна.

Преимущества: Удобство
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1772429

1.20 Вид улучшения: Полный редактор

Пояснение предложения: Просьба добавить опознавательные знаки на немецкие и английские стационарные самолёты.
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1773444

2. Multiplayer

2.1 Type of Improvement: Allowing all the default skins to show when custom skins have been disabled.

Explanation of Proposal: Currently in the dedi server environment it's a must to disable custom skins online by adding the command "SkinDownload=0" to the [Net] section of the confs.ini. If these aren't disabled, MP is a terrible stuttery mess every time a custom skin has been loaded in. But with custom skins turned off, only 1 default skin will appear in game. Everyone's game comes with several different default skins based on unit, plane type, squadron etc, yet only 1 skin (the default's default I guess?) is visible to all players online. Since these default skins all come with everyone's game, they should all be able to be displayed online with out any sort of download (aka - stutter)

Benefits: Immersion / Bug fix perhaps?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...6&postcount=89

2.2 Type of Improvement: Custom skins online

Explanation of Proposal: Currently custom skins online cause huge stutters when loading in. Even with the 10gbps connection we have there is no stopping this problem for a dedicated server. Many of these custom skins deserve to be seen and used online.

I suggest creating another folder somewhere in the game install where the server could use that folder as an allowed skins folder. This would allow a hoster to create a downloadable skin pack that would match the allowed skins folder for the dedicated server, thus making a custom skin act like a default skin as the server would have them as well. All users without the skin pack will get default skins appearing online. While those with the custom skins should not get the bandwidth "stutter" that is cursing custom skins online atm.

Benefits: To allow all those wonderful skinners to have their work shown online.

2.3 Type of Improvement: Dedicated Server Files

Explanation of Proposal: We need true dedicated server files like every other Steam MP game. Currently the server connects to steam like a client (steam actually has to be running). Steam has a problem with both disconnecting at random and also people failing auth at random. Because of this we have had to create and code a few programs to A.) just keep the server running and B.) make the server restart after a certain amount of time. If the server was left running 24 hours a day, these (null) entries can not be removed from the server and that leaves players not being able to join until the server is completely restarted again as these (null) players don't show up in the player listing and therefore can't be removed. Players are essentially stuck in limbo land when this happens.

Benefits: Allowing for a real dedicated server to run that could rotate missions and actually stay up without the use of 3rd party tools to attempt to make it work.

2.4 Type of Improvement: Easier use of in-game chat. A single button to bring it up instead of mouse + ALT.

Explanation of proposal: As of now using the ingame chat is cumbersome and has caused some WTF moments when canopy opened etc. when chat was not active even visible.

Benefits: Quicker and easier access to chat.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=150

2.5 Type of improvement: Chat refresh

Explanation of proposals: When I want to see the chat history, very bad, that the new message immediately jumps back to the bottom line, making it impossible for longer rewind. This should be improved. The only solution now is to quickly pull the window border, which uncomfortable, and cumbersome.

Benefits: Readable chat history

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...0&postcount=94

2.6 Type of improvement: Pause Chat Window

Explanation of proposals: Difficult to read the chat history, because the chat window jump back to the last row if a new line comes in. Should be solved to stop the chat for this time.

Benefits: Easy to read history

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=131

2.7 Type of Improvement: Server settings for clients

Explanation of Proposal: Currently a dedicated server only has the ability set netspeed and turn VAC on/off through the [Net] code, but there is no options to control the clients connected. This leaves exploitation wide open in the online environment. For instance, you could unplug your modem, go fix yourself a whiskey, come back and plug your modem back in and never be kicked from the server. Only being allowed to set server netspeed doesn't exactly cut the mustard.

For comparison here's just a few of the commands in the old IL2 confs.ini to help with this:

Quote:
[Net]
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1
socksHost=
checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.3
checkTimeSpeedInterval=10

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10
nearMaxLagTime=2
cheaterWarningDelay=10
cheaterWarningNum=3

Benefits: To make MP a much more enjoyable and stable atmosphere.

2.8 Type of improvement: Recon patrols with camera.

Explaination of Proposals: I have an idea for online gameplay. Recon patrols. Without any ammunition, but only equipment with a camera. The pilot flies out on his recon mission and mocks a target on the ground. He looks down at the target and take a picture, which is now stored in his camera. After the mission, he flies back to base and land.
Subsequently, the pilots, who now takes off from base, have new facilitates. They can now go into their map and see a small icon on the map where the picture was taken. They click on it, and a small image pop up and display the image. For example, the size of 250KB allso show position and time, it was taken. When the target is destroyed, both the image and icon disappear.
Only if the pilot land with photo, this will happen. If he gets shot down, the image will be lost, since it could not be produced and shown to others. As in real life.

You could do something similar with radio communication to home base, if you spot enemy aircraft. Today we get a message on the screen, but an icon of the mad that holds 2 to 5 minutes after the message is sent, might be an idea. Then it disappears and you have to communicate again if you still in contact with the group.

Nb: Its not meant to be like the mod in IL2 1946 with a lot of blinking icons. but in a balanced and realistic way.

Benefits: Dynamic gameplay, there could be close to reality - although it would take longer in real life to get induced photo and send them out. But more realism and dynamism that makes that more people can plan their missions after the targets are given.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=136

2.9 Type of improvement: Usable Steam Overlay in game menus.

Explanation of proposals: We can't use Steam Overlay in game menus right now, it would be good to use it in the game menus.

Benefits: We can chat with our friends with our Steam friends in Steam Overlay and prepare multiplayer matches quickly. It would be really good. I hope it will be happen.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...8&postcount=93

Type of improvement: Fairness/Historical accuracy.

Explanation of proposals: Historically accurate ammo load outs on server settings.

Benefits: With the ability to set your own ammo belts players can make lethal setups that have no basis to ones used during ww2. This can be seen as an exploit and realistic servers need to have a preset ammo belt set to stop potential exploits.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...7&postcount=99

2.10 Type of improvement: Playing tracks

Explanation of proposals: When playing track, recorded from a full real server, it is not possible to review it for outside view. + and option for rewind the track. + a quick track option, when in flight.

Benefits:
Analyse your flight from a real dogfight against other humans, flying in full real settings and learn from your mistakes. Making great videos from the same and be able to use it as a training tool in your squat or public on the net.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=129

3. Plans

3.1 Type of improvement: Add 100 octane fuel modelling for all Spitfires and Hurricanes.

Explanation of Proposals: 100 octane fuel was in use by all of the Fighter Commans stations by the time of the BoB. Geoffrey Lloyd, British Minister of Fuel and Power said; “I think that without 100 octane we should not have won the Battle of Britain. But we had 100 octane.”
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchi...0-%200044.html
http://www.nceastmgtf.com/modules/ev...rted%20Oil.pdf
http://www.lago-colony.com/STORIES_R...HISTORY_DJ.htm

A list of reports on another forum which I link to to save space (especially read "Appendix IV" for performance figures and the BATTLE OF BRITAIN section under "A. R. Ogston, excerpt from History of Aircraft Lubricants (Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. Warrendale, PA USA), p. 12." for confirmation that "March 1940 Fighter Command converted all its Spitfire and Hurricane Rolls-Royce Merlin powered fighters to 100 octane"):-
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/avi...tml#post542367
and another listing combat reports mentioning 100 octane or +12lbs boost all from as early as May 1940
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/avi...tml#post542707

Benefits: Historical accuracy/Realism.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=103

3.2 Type of improvement: Proper black and redout simulation..

Explanation of Proposals: Some gamer pilots, using heavy negative G`s, with a following hard positive G as a exploit, to evade British fighters to force them in the negative cutout. There is no G warm up needed in CloD, and I believe the -G`s are too relaxed done. In Lockon FC2, you need to warm up the pilot, to hold and fly max G`s.

Benefits: More realistic pilot behaving, in case of, flying on the G limits of a human person.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=104

3.3 Type of improvement: Prop pitch

Explanation: through various sources there seems to be the common knowledge that the prop pitch of the 109 needed exactly 4 seconds to increase or decrease as much, that the relevant gauge made a change of 360° or 1hour.
now its 6seconds.
furthermore, the pp position to glide, should be 6 o'clock,a position which isn't available anymore.during one of the patches you changed the realistic behaviour for some dubious reason i don't know anymore.

Benefits: Realism (cliffs of dover is supposed to be a simulator)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=109

3.4 Type of improvement: Engine and prop sound improvements

Explanation of proposals: At the same RPM, an engine under load will sound quite different to an engine under less strain. Listen to the change in pitch of your car engine when starting to climb a hill while maintaining the same RPM. You can hear that the engine is having to work harder. The same is true of aircraft. This effect is obvious when exercising the prop on an aircraft on the ground - as the pitch becomes more coarse, biting more air, the engine has to work harder and the engine note changes. The RPM reduces because the engine can no longer deliver enough power to maintain the new pitch.

At the moment, when coarsening the pitch, it sounds like the throttle is just being pulled back to reduce the RPM. It should sound like the RPM is being forced down due to increased engine load caused by the coarser pitch.

I think to summarise:
1. an engine should sound different under higher loads than when under lower loads, given the same RPM.
2. an engine should sound different at higher power settings (boost) than at a lower power, given the same RPM.

At the moment in CloD I can add +5 of boost while maintaining a constant RPM and the engine sounds exactly the same. The sound only changes when I allow RPM to change.

Also, the sound of the props biting the air should be more obvious. I live close to an airfield and can hear the props being exercised from several miles away. They make a very distinctive beating noise as they are forced to bite into more air. Hard to explain I know but adding such an effect would give a real sense that the prop is biting real air and not just spinning in a vaccum. It does sound rather impressive too when running up on the ground.

Benefits: More realistic sound experience, greater variety in engine tone and the player gets a greater awareness of the energy state of the engine.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=111

3.5 Type of improvement: Improved CEM

Explanation of proposals: CloD is so close to full real startup that it is a real shame we can't use the primer and parking brake. Please consider implementing these to make the package complete.

Benefits: Increased immersion and the feeling of having a real engine up front that can be temperamental if flooded etc.

Would be great if number of primes was dependent on outside air temp, temp of engine etc. Too many priming strokes for the conditions and you risk failing to start or having a stack fire. Too few strokes and the engine catches but fails to continue and must be restarted. I really hope you can add this when things become more stable - I know others feel the same. As this is pre-start code I don't feel it would have a performance hit.

Having a parking brake would really help when warming up the engine and testing the prop. At the moment I need to keep my finger on the brakes as the aircraft turns slowly otherwise.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=112

3.6 Type of improvement: Improved CEM

Explanation of proposals: CloD is so close to full real startup that it is a real shame we can't use the oil pressure to know the max. rpm's during warm-up. The oil-pressure must change with the oil-temperature

Benefits: Increased immersion and the feeling of having a real engine up front that can be damaged by too high rpm's during warm-up etc.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=114

3.7 Type of improvement: More realistic/dynamic engine temperature model

Explanation of proposals: For full realism I'd also like to see the following factors affect engine operating temperature please:

altitude (colder air at altitude = cooler)
airspeed (more air through radiator = cooler)
radiator obstructions (like lowered landing gear leg on spit)
mixture (richer mixture = cooler)
boost (lower boost = cooler)
rpm (lower rpm = cooler) WE HAVE THIS ONE

Also radiator flap setting should affect speed and yaw.

In addition, the early marks of Spitfire had a single radiator that was partially obscured by a landing gear leg. This made in necessary to takeoff reasonably quickly and avoid lengthy taxying.
It would be nice to feel the same urgency to avoid overheating on the ground as the real pilots did in the battle. Currently, I can run at high throttle on the ground for long periods without any overheating problems.

Some interesting notes from Spit II manual:

The coolant temperature is controlled by a thermostatic control (automatic) and a radiator flap which regulates the flow of air through the radiator, but which cannot be fully closed. The position of the radiator flap affects the lateral trim of the aircraft (the radiator being under the starboard wing) and can usually be kept in the closed position during cruising flight.

ACTIONS AFTER TAKE-OFF
Close the radiator shutter (unless a high power climb is done
, when the lever should be a little forward).

Benefits: Greater need to watch gauges and manage engine. Improved immersion - you feel you have a real engine up front.
User experiences the same problems that pilots of the day had to face. Increased tension before takeoff.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=116

3.8 Type of improvement: Spit II Mixture Operation

Key points:
1. Currently impossible to use +2.5 boost on lean mixture at 2650 RPM (maximum cruising value specified in manual for 87 octane). Maximum possible is currently +1.1 boost.

2. Mixture should have a direct effect on the temperature of the oil and coolant - at present it has no effect.

3. Smooth engine operation is possible at extreme boost levels +5 upwards. These are way above the maximum permissable on a weak mixture and from what I've read should result in severe detonation - rough running and eventual engine damage.

Explanation of proposals: I've been experimenting with the auto-rich / auto-lean mixture settings on the Spit II. My original Mark II manual states that auto-lean cruising should be possible at 2650 RPM up to +2.5 boost on 87 octane and up to +4 boost on 100 octane fuel.

I'm not sure which fuel is being modelled for the Spit II but I guess 87 octane since boost only registers up to +8 and not +12 as mentioned in the manual.

I'm finding that I can't use more than +1.1 boost without the engine starting to miss. This is at sea level. As you climb the boost must be backed off to keep the engine running smoothly - I'm no pilot but this seems logical enough - higher altitudes = less air so mixture becomes richer and starts choking the engine.

I'd like to request that mixture is tweaked to allow me to operate according to the manual please.

I'd also like to see an effect on oil and coolant temperatures when switching between rich and lean mixtures.

It is also possible to operate very high boost settings on lean mixture (way above the maximums in the manual) without any signs of detonation or engine trouble.

Benefits: More accurate mixture behaviour allowing user to fly by the manual and obtain higher boost settings in a lean cruise. Introducing effects of mixture on engine temps would make engine management more interesting and varied.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=118

3.9 Type of improvement: Boost cutout mechanism

Explanation of proposals: The boost cutout switch/knob in the game simply allows the throttle to be moved further forward to higher boost levels. In the real aircraft this was not the case. The real switch immediately removed the restriction on boost for the current throttle setting - allowing boost to surge without having to adjust the throttle at all.

This means that even if the throttle isn't at it's fully forward position, a surge in boost is still likely when the switch is flicked - as any current restrictions on boost will be removed.

Benefits: More accurate boost behaviour. This is also better for the player since at the moment if the throttle is fully open when the switch is operated, the lever must be moved back and then forwards again to achieve the higher boo

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=119

3.10 Type of improvement: Fuel cock switching behaviour

Explanation of proposals: Currently, when you switch off the fuel cock the engine quits immediately. In reality, there was enough fuel left in the lines to keep the engine running for a while before fuel starvation kicked in. It would be good if the devs could implement this more realistic behaviour.

Benefits: Greater realism. The Spit II manual states that the fuel cock should be switched off before killing the engine using the slow running cut-out. We can't do this currently as the fuel cock kills the engine before we have a chance to use the cut-out switch.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=126

3.11Type of Improvement: DM, CEM

Explanation of Proposal: Will be great for imersion to have randon damage on the plane and instruments like in RL was, sudenly a gauge stop working or just give a miss reading or jumping around, same for engine and guns. For CEM a few day ago i had a hard crash and when i hit the ground all the lights in the cockpit died, the batteries are modelled??? if it so can be enabled to be switch on/off in cockpit and this device can be damage by enemy fire???

Benefits: Pilots will also have to check not only fuel, oil, and temps but amper gauges too, and it will give more realism to start up and flight in general
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=171

3.12 Type of improvement: Optional Chocks In/Out toggle

Explanation of proposals: Speaks for itself realy

Benefits: In for engine warm up eliminates need for parking break or holding breaks & stops movement of aircraft until the chocks are released

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=125

3.13 Вид улучшения: Тахометр

Пояснение предложения: Вернуть опционально механический тахометр на те машины, где он был.

Преимущества: Изменяются подходы к пилотированию и сбережению двигателя.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1774772
Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM

Part II

Quote:
4. Graphic

4.1 Type of improvement: Performance

Explanation of proposals: Extra Shadow options, i.e. Cockpit Shadows, Aircraft Shadows, Ground Shadows.

Benefits: Useful for all players as it allows players to improve performance without losing all shadows.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...8&postcount=85

4.2 Type of improvement: Bring back the "golden hour". Bring back the original beautiful sun sets and sun rises.

Explanation of proposals: In photography, the golden hour (sometimes known as magic hour) is the first and last hour of sunlight during the day,[1] when a specific photographic effect is achieved due to the quality of the light.

Typically, lighting is softer (more diffuse) and warmer in hue, and shadows are longer. When the sun is near the horizon, sunlight travels through more of the atmosphere, reducing the intensity of the direct light, so that more of the illumination comes from indirect light from the sky, reducing the lighting ratio. More blue light is scattered, so that light from the sun appears more reddish. In addition, the sun's small angle with the horizon produces longer shadows.

Since you are working on a new graphics engine please bring back the beautiful natural colors of the sunset and sunrise present when the game was released.

Benefits: The game would look a lot more natural and beautiful and would make the flying during that time of day a beautiful experience again.

Картинки - http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=101

4.3 Type of improvement: Particles optimization

Explanation of proposals: Some particles instantly cause FPS to drop from 40-50 to 2-3 FPS:
- ground particles produced by wheels touching a runway during takeoff and landing
- debris particle produced by 20 mm AAA gun shells hitting a ship side (e.g. tanker)

Benefits: Consistent FPS, perceived performance increase

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=110

4.4 Type of improvement: Graphic, realism. better online playing

Explanation of proposals: This is not only a theme of graphics, is an important thing that i read in almost the COD forums. The problem is more big when is online. Is about the Trees, and the setting for kick away them.
instead of take away the trees putting low setting, for me, is better and more real, put 2D trees.
and In almost the videos, there are not trees, and are not nice to see, and this is not so good for someone that see this searching for the newest sim and sink, "no trees": this is prehistoric simulators.
so, my little advice is to change setting "NO TREES" for "2D VERY BASICS TREES", like trees of DCS or IL2 old series.
dont all have in our machines 2GB videocard DDR5 and I7.

Benefits: Better realism playing in offliners and online dogfights in low hadware machines. don't get like old sim.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=123

4.5 Type of improvement: Glass ice and oil in exterior views

Explanation of proposals: Ice and oil splahes should be visible also from the exterior view.

Benefits: Improved realism (when watching others) and inmersion. It would be nice.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=145

4.6 Type of improvement: Possibility to turn on/off differnet kinds of shadows.

Explanation of proposals: The player can select which shadows he keeps on and which off. E.g. cockpit shadows, cloud shadows, building shadows, tree shadows, plane shadows, vehicle shadows etc.

Benefits: Better FPS with the game.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=146

4.7 Type of improvement: Realism driver and its shadow in the internal and external view.

Explanation of proposal: ca would be more real to see customized template for the pilot and cockpit are shadows in the cockpit and on the wings when the sun is on one side or the other and see the impacts of bullets outside view.

Benefits: just more realistic.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=149

4.8 Type of improvement: Colour blind facility.

Explanation of proposal: Facilitate in "set-up" a "tick box" for users with colour blind problems, especially in the red green spectrum.

Benefits: Colour blind users would be more able to identify "friend or foe" when flying for the Axis forces. IE: Not trying to sight red icons against a green back drop. Also make AC colour icons more visually apparent at a distance.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=152

4.9 Type of improvement: Graphics

Explanation of proposal: Far too much long grass on areas of airfields where it would have been mown. These are not rough Landing Grounds rushed into action in France during 'Overlord' they are properly maintained airfields. Unnecessary graphics loading. Please reduce height and general size (its grass not wheat) and reduce the cartoon waving effect.

Benifits: Improved FPS and more realistic appearance.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=157

5. Interface

5.1 Type of improvement: User Interface

Explanation of proposals: The mouse pointer should disappear automatically when ever mouse is been inactive for 3 seconds and reappear upon moving the mouse.

Benefits: Less clutter on the screen. The mouse pointer typically distracts the view by hanging front of something more important.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...4&postcount=80

5.2 Type of Improvement: Introduce the re-fly button similar to old IL2

Explanation of Proposal: Currently, in online play the server has to use a script to destroy landed/abandoned planes or they will pile up over time and clutter up the airfields. We need a refly button option that will stop people from A.) hopping out of their planes before landing, crashing, dieing and B.) one that despawns the plane after being pressed and C.) one that doesn't mess with stats upon doing this. Currently with the despawn scripts, once an abandoned plane has been despawned the stats will show up as "AI has been killed by X player (when X player has put at least one bullet in that plane) thus giving that player a complete kill, which is wrong.

Benefits: The old IL2 method was perfect as explained above

5.3 Type of improvement: Briefing Map

Explanation of proposals: We need the same tools like in the ingame Map

Benefits: So we can read the Briefing commands and we can plan our flight with the Tools in the Briefing room, befor we start the game.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...4&postcount=97

5.4 Type of improvement: A detailed damage debriefing.

Explanation of proposals: The debriefing gives a detailed description of the damage(s) and how and why the damage(s) happened and the percentage of damage or if the plane is a write out.

Benefits: The pilots notices easier his mistakes and learns faster how to fly without breaking his plane.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=146

5.5 Type of improvement: User interface

Explanation of proposals: Changeable player name in-game. As in, have an in-game menu to change player name so that you don't have to change Steam name to have the desired name in CloD.

Benefits: Many Steam users play in first-person-shooter clans as well as in flight sim squads, or so I would guess. Have one squad mate that qualifies for this. So if I use Steam name "Clan_MyName" or just "MyName", I could still use "Squad_MyName" in CloD.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=175

5.6 Type of modification: User Interface

Modification: Change color in the map for the active ariports. When in map about to enter in the game choosing an airport to take off would be better to change the active airports with the colour of the faction because the great amount of airports needs that the usable airports have a colour with much more contrast respect to the not usable ones

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=178

5.7 Вид улучшения: Интерфейс. Информационные окна.

Пояснение предложения: Вынести "слой" радиокоманд, вызываемых по кнопке Tab (по умолчанию), на передний план, поверх всех информационных окон и карты. В текущем состоянии, при наличии инфо-окна на месте вывода радиокоманд, и множественных сообщениях о событиях в игре, меню радиокоманд не видно под слоем букв инфо-окна.

Преимущества: Очевидны. Без этого временами очень сложно понять что находится в списке радиокоманд.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1778571

6. Other

6.1 Type of Improvement: Swap the Tiger Moth Student and instructor seating on Training mode.

Explanation of Proposal: According to a former Air Force pilot friend of mine who learned to fly in the TM the Student sits in the rear and the Instructor in the front. In the Training Mission these are apparently the wrong way round.
btw, he's also not impressed with the landing which runs on too long for a tail dragger with a tailskid.

Benefits: Realism

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...9&postcount=86

6.2 Type of Improvement: Swap the Tiger Moth Student and instructor seating.

Explanation of Proposal
: I am an experienced Tiger Moth pilot (270 hours) all as an instructor, the only time the instructor is required to sit in the rear seat is when the student is brand new to flying or is just a passenger as the full range of controls are not reproduced in the front cockpit so a new student will not know their operation, this is also the reason students 'did' sit in the back seat (whats the point of trying to learn functions of controls that are in the other cockpit, the other controls I am refering to are the slat controls, also the student is expected to solo the aircraft at some point and the aircraft is soloed from the rear, and it is a commonly known fact so I am surprised that 1C don't have this right.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...7&postcount=87

6.3 Type of Improvement: Enable skins folder when the skin download is disabled.

Explanation of Proposal: If the skin download is not allowed, the program allow to load the skins from the main folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins\...). (I'm not talking about the netcache folder, just the default skins folder). If you flying together with teammates, it is important to see the other aircraft painting, even if everyone else is disabled.
We send each other these skins in e-mail, copy all to my default folder, it will solve. If the file names start with the pilot's name, the skin is much easier to handle.

Other options these feature: allowed skin selection to server. Download skins from the server's webpage, copy them to the main skin folder. So you'll know what people see and what not.
If you do not copy anything, you see only the default skins, as now. And of course, that does not affect, if the skin download is enabled, then everyone can see everything.

Benefits:
- It makes it easier to identify team members when flying online.
- Plus, you can filtering the allowed skins on your own server.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...2&postcount=88

6.4 Type of improvement: Implement floating camera mount to give a more natural appearance to aircraft views - like watching your aircraft from another aircraft.

Explanation of proposals: I believe the current (non-flyby) external views are implemented as if the camera is fixed to the aircraft with a long pole and moves with the aircraft as it rises and falls in flight. This view to me looks quite unnatural, as if you're viewing a model on a turntable.

My proposal is that this fixed mount is replaced with a floating mount (as if attached to another aircraft in formation). The camera would roughly follow the aircraft movement (perhaps smoothing the camera movement out using a moving average of the altitude). In this way the movement of the aircraft within the air mass will be much more obvious and natural in appearance - floating up and down as if filmed from another aircraft alongside.

Benefits: Aircraft movement will look more believable and better for film makers too.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...8&postcount=96

6.5 Type of improvement: GAME PLAY- Positive Feed back on bomb release

Explanation of proposals: Upon the release of the bombs play a sound of the bomb releasing (mechanical clunk ) to give pilot feed back that the weapon has been released from the plane

Benefits: In aircraft like the blenheim there is no feedback to tell you that the the ordinance has left the aircraft.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=102

6.6 Type of improvement: A key to switch AI on/off for crew-manned aircraft.
Keys for the bombardier to give commands to the AI pilot

Explanation of Proposals: Actual, if a pilot switches to a gunner position and goes back, the AI for that station is off and can't be activated again.
In a bomber the player should be able to man any station and leave the other stations to AI control.
In the bombardier station, the player should be able to command the AI pilot to make course corrections or to hold steady, a extra gimmick would be sound files for those commands.

Benefits: Improved playability, realism and immersion

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=105

6.7 Type of improvement: Gunner control.

Explanation of proposals: The vertical motion should be possible to invert mouse option, as it possible in most shooting games. Very unusual for me to move opposite direction of the mouse to aim. The other problem is that the horizontal motion of the Br-20 top gunner is completely opposite behavior compared of any other gunner control. There is inverse the horizontal moving too.

Benefits: Less chaotic gunner control

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=108

6.8 Type of improvement: API Method to send radio commands.

Explanation of proposals: Add API method for sending radio commands from the script.
Like SendRadioCommand(AiActor actor, RadioCommand command), where:
actor - AiAirGroup or AiAircraft;
command - enumeration of radio command types;

Benefits: Mission designers can use this feature to build more interesting and live environment.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=115

6.9 Type of improvement: Gameplay/Handling

Explanation of proposals: Gunners at all and the Ju87 rear gunner especially are too difficult to handle. The vertical mouse axis is inverted and can't be changed. The "lens-mount" moves definitely too slow, compare with the same mount shown in this video:

As a improvement i'd recommend to use a qualifier key with the mouse-movement to steer the mount (lafette).

Benefits: Added realism through easier, more realistic handling

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=120

6.10 Type of improvement: AI

Explanation of proposals: So far, AI (if you shoot at them) reacts as soon as you pull the tringer, even if AI didn´t see you before.
(See Video 1.00).
So AI should hold back the Reaction until Bullets have crossed the AI-Plane plus maybe 0.5 seconds (Reaction time).

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=121

6.11 Type of improvement: Failed Chute Deploy

Explanation of proposals: The death rate due to bad parachutes should be less. Our experiences is very often killed the pilot because of this. Especially if the pilot is injured, it is almost certain death. Currently the "bail out" does not mean escaping, or giving up a fight, but the greatest chance of KIA. Sadly, most of the pilots rather teleports from the aircraft, than to jump out. It also would be good if such injury, which makes it impossible to open the parachute, indicate somewhere. Then I would not jump out, I try to emerg. land somewhere...
(Any info, what percentage calculate the program of the successful / failed chute opening?)

Benefits: Dunno... the chute save lives... or something like that..

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=128

6.12 Type of improvement: Programmable/random fault or malfunction

Explanation: A scalable and editable option for faults within the aircraft engine, cooling, propeller gearing, armament, fuel system etc.. to train for emergencies and to learn how to recognise faults with the machine

Benefits: it can help for testing purposes and to train pilots

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=132

6.13 Type of improvement: More natural placement of buildings

Explanation: The extremely lined-up feeling if villages in much of CoD is very artificial. Buildings do not normally line up perfectly, particularly not in less built up areas. (see some pictures below). Recent development shots shows some extremely nice Russian farmland buildings, again with the mathematical (and quite unnatural) precise line-up.

Benefits: Environment, navigational (buildings/quarters as landmarks easier to spot)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=138

6.14 Type of improvement: Wingtip smoke trails

Explanation of proposals: Return optional red/green wingtip smoke trails from original il2. Include it as realism option.

Benefits: Smoke trails were very usefull for new virtual pilots training pourposes and for improving capabilies or more advancd pilots testing how well they perform in the fly.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=141

6.15 Type of improvement: Basic tank gameplay / tank AI

Explanation of proposals: The most cost efficient and easy way to introduce tank gameplay into CloD could be programming tank AI to follow a human player if he spawns in or switches to one of tanks in a group.
E.g.:
1) Mission designer or generator creates an online war missions similar to original Il-2 online wars.
2) If no player is present in any tank of a tank-group tanks follow the route programmed by the mission designer/programmer.
3) If one player is spawning in a tank, the tank group will follow the player that would allow flanking manoeuvres, say around artillery positions. If 2 or more players spawn or switch to a tank group AI should be programmed to split the group into 2 or more parts and each part of a group would follow a human player.

Applicable mostly for online wars but can be adopted for offline.

Benefits: Will motivate players to use tanks. Will motivate players to invite their friends who are not flight-simmers to buy the game and play tanks for starters. Sales and salary increase, huge bonuses.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=142

6.16 Type of improvement: Dinamic aifield AI and populated maps as opton in quick missions.

Explanation of proposals: It would be really nice if when you set a offline instant play ( quick mission ) you have the option to automatically fill all territory with targets, AA, and enemy airfields that lauch planes to intercept you when detected as it would happen in real life.

Benefits: This would bring the land to life and improve the feeling of being in a populated world. Actually all quick missions have life in the target but you can freely fly anywhere over enemy territory with no enemy presence with fells very dull and boring at the least. We need something more dinamic by default.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=143

6.17 Type of improvement: Historical / Immersion

Explanation of proposals: An airfield under attack should have a hand-crank siren going and a city or town with enemy planes over it should have air raid sirens on. Same event that triggers AA should also trigger this.

Benefits: Completely historical and Immersion.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=147

6.18 Type of improvement: Simplification of Noseart/Bow painting through the plane selection menu

Explanation of proposal: As there is allready a section for Noseart in the pane menu it would be really helpful to just apply your squadron/individual emblem through this drop down list

Benefits: You don't have to apply your emblem onto every single skin on every single aircraft via some Photo editing programm. You can just apply your painting onto every aircraft on a specific place.
Great way to individualize your plane with ease
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=148

6.19 Type of improvement: Convoy Commander Role

Explanation of proposals: As playable role, a single player selects a mission, then determines make-up of convoy and route. Commander controls departure/stops/route changes, coordinates crossing open spaces, bridges, or other higher-threat areas. Commands to unclude setting up/striking organic AA, requesting intel, requesting air support, ordering stop/cover/camoflage, including repositioning errant AI vehicles, sending detached recon ahead and recalling, making minor vehicle repairs. Penalty to include forced rest/maintenace stops, increased for heavily-equipped units, and inability to cross certain areas for those heavier units. Completion of mission gives side an advantage (temporary increase/availability of higher-octane A/C fuel, uprated A/C engines, more effective airfield defenses, continued progress of combatant units). Aifields, train depots, combatant units in the field (especially if their ammo/fuel has limits), or factories would be destination. Latter suggests mixed civilian/military units, which again determines terrain limits/alternate routes. Mixed could also allow second player role, where Military commander concentrates on protection, while civilian leader herds the sheep.

Benefits: More useful/welcome to flying units. Greater challenge to pilots with less impact on player seats and possibility for more widespread/realistic impact on battlefield (e.g., 5 players could field as many convoys/complimentary missions). Rewards pilots who assist even when not their primary mission. Overall, a more constructive/cooperative "meeting" of ground and air units.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=154

6.20 Type of improvement: Search lights focusing to AA gunners target sector on the sky.

Explanation of proposals: At 1st we need functioning search lights.
At nighttime any (man controllable) AA gun directing gun to the sky causes automated search lights start scanning the same part of the sky.

Benefits: More immersion. Ability to defend against night raids more effectively.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=162

6.21 Type of improvement: Manually config the joystick output sensitiviness.

Explanation of proposals: Allow the player to build its own control response curves like in IL2 using a tool like IL2 Joy Config.

Benefits: Great for the user of low end joysticks and more precision handling the aircrafts
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=163

6.22 Type of Improvement: Sound hit FX

Explanation of Proposal: I know the sound engine is not final yet, but at least we need sounds for bullet and cannon hits in our AC, to actually know when we are hit by enemy fire, now all sound like passing by bullets around your plane with almost no hit sound.

Benefits: Pilots can know when they are hit by AAA or other planes and how hard the were hit.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=171

6.23 Type of improvement: Game executable (rename)

Explanation of proposals: Launcher.exe is too generic, Nvidia game profiles conflict because several other games also use launcher.exe . Rename the game to something like IL2COD.exe to remove the conflict with other titles that use launcher.exe as an executable.

Benefits: Prevent profile conflicts / undesired game profile driver settings
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=173

6.24 Вид улучшения: Игра

Пояснение предложения: Расчет артиллерии
Вот мой тест расчета ПТ пушки - http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1736712. Независимо от количества людей в расчета она стреляет с постоянной скорострельностью.
Просьба сделать так, чтобы скорострельность пушек менялась в зависимости от состава расчета или оставшиеся в расчете вообще не могли стрелять, если они этого не должны уметь делать.

Преимущества: Реализм

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1772152

6.25 Вид улучшения: Треки

Пояснение предложения: При записи трека с отключенной функцией "маркировка", в самом треке маркировка всё равно накладывается на скин. Жутко портит исторические скины. Нужно поправить этот недочёт.

Преимущества: Необходимо для создания роликов с уклоном на историю.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1772208

6.26 Вид улучшения: Обзор.

Пояснение предложения: Штурману на любом самолёте нехватает углов поворота головы по горизонтали и вертикали, смешения в стороны. Сейчас сидя в кабине любого бомбардировщика с места штурмана нельзя нормально осматриваться и искать ориентиры на земле, неудобно смотреть вперёд-вниз при заходе на цель. Особенно плохо с обзором штурмана на Ju-88.

Преимущества: При полётах в сети штурман не будет летать мёртвым грузом в самолете, сможет указывать пилоту направление полёта, сверять карту с местностью.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1773905

6.27 Вид улучшения: Физика. Баллистика (Рикошет пуль и снарядов от земли/воды).

Пояснение предложения: После последнего патча пропал рикошет пуль от земли. Хотелось бы вернуть его в первоначальном виде.

Преимущества: Реалистичность.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1777969

6.28 Вид улучшения: Физика. Баллистика (Рикошет пуль и снарядов от земли/воды).

Пояснение предложения: Хотелось бы видеть рикошет не в первоначальном виде, а в реалистичном. Ганкамы (и не только) четко показывают, что после столкновения с землей снаряд теряет бОльшую часть энергии, поэтому трассер зачастую превращается в точку, движущуюся гораздо медленнее скорости до столкновения и имеющую непредсказуемую (ненаправленную, рассеяную) траекторию рикошета.

Преимущества: Реалистичность. Такого нет ни у кого. Не сложно реализовать (учитывая механику и визуализацию трассеров в игре изначально в виде точки).
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1778230

6.29 Вид улучшения: Расширение возможностей офф/онлайна, повышение зрелищности, играбельности.

Пояснение предложения:
1. Возможность подачи сигнальных ракет с филда по направленю взлета в ночное время по требованию через панель радиокоманд. Аналогично и при посадке ночью.
2. Осветительные парашютные бомбы для линейщиков.

Преимущества: Безопасность при взлете, посадке ночью. Повышение игровой составляющей. Повышение интереса к ночным рейдам.
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1779261

6.30 Вид улучшения: Управление

Пояснение предложения: все оси должны иметь регулировку мертвых зон ,сглаживания и т д, пользователь сам поставит значение ноль если ему не нужны эти параметры.

Преимущества: Удобство и разнообразие вариантов использования осей управления
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1790566

6.31 Вид улучшения: Настройка управления.

Пояснение предложения: В настройках управления необходимо реализовать возможность обрабатывать: 1) двойное нажатие клавиши, 2) удержание клавиши. Как пример так реализовано в АрмА.

Преимущества: Это позволит с помощью одной клавиши управлять сразу тремя функциями. Очень практично.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1790841

6.32 Вид улучшения:
1. минимальная идея - к внешним видам добавить вид из кабины другого самолета, глазами другого пилота или управляемо - особо нет разницы.
2 идея фикс - реально летать вдвоем, и не только пилотом, но и стрелком или штурманом, типа в меню все садятся в один самолет (кто первый сел то и инструктор), а потом передавать управление по горячей клавише, наблюдать, забирать управление.

Пояснение предложения: Все это нужно для обучения. Инструктор на земле включил внешние виды и смотрит на полет - и СРАЗУ дает указания, советы и т.д.

Преимущества: Просмотр треков штука хорошая - но вот стрелять по запоздалым советам фиг научишься, а так будет все реально, как будто инструктор сзади сидит.
Ну и соответствующие настройки сложности по обоим пунктам (типа полет с инструктором) особенно будет полезно для тренировочных серверов.
Это все с целью обучения. Если ЭТО сделаете - Вам все сквады в ноги кланяться будут.
Как еще проще учить молодняк (по внешнему только асы могут - а их на всех не хватает).

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1794183

6.33 Вид улучшения: Настройка управления оружием.

Пояснение предложения: В настройках управления оружием Bf 109E добавить возможность вести огонь из крыльевых пушек MG-FF раздельно, как и было в реальности. Для этого в настройках нужно добавить пункты: "переключить левую пушку (выкл/вкл)" и "переключить правую пушку (выкл/вкл)". По умолчанию включены обе пушки (залп). В кабине продублировать эти операции на панели оружия (в настоящее время неактивна) путём включения/выключения кнопок пушек.

Преимущества: Существенная экономия боекомплекта и максимальное соответствие реализму.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1799526

6.34 Вид улучшения: Настройки управления

Пояснение предложения: В окне настроек управления где-нибудь в углу показывать нажатую в данный момент клавишу и забитую на неё функцию (или же "пусто", если ничего не забито), так же и с осями.

Преимущества: Чтобы не искать в куче функций и клавиш достаточно нажать на кнопку и узнать, занята ли она и чем. Значительно облегчит настройку управления.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1807155