1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipball View Post
they are a very small studio and we are lucky to have them, just hold on and enjoy the parts that are playable with your system while you wait. I enjoy it now, and look forward to any improvements that help people waiting to fly...people need to upgrade their systems though
+100
Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
They are a very small studio and we are lucky to have them, just hold on and enjoy the parts that are playable with your system while you wait. I enjoy it now, and look forward to any improvements that help people waiting to fly...
+101.

I agree (despite being critical of recent public relations efforts).

This is a cool project, obviously very technically challenging. It takes time to bring it to its full potential.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

I'm not very vocal here on these forums,I look forward to the patch and really do enjoy the videos/ pics of the upcoming sequel.

I very much hope the Friday updates continue,Thank You

Patrick
Old 03-20-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaboom View Post
I'm not very vocal here on these forums,I look forward to the patch and really do enjoy the videos/ pics of the upcoming sequel.

I very much hope the Friday updates continue,Thank You
you are very welcome here...
Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipball View Post
they are a very small studio and we are lucky to have them, just hold on and enjoy the parts that are playable with your system while you wait. I enjoy it now, and look forward to any improvements that help people waiting to fly...people need to upgrade their systems though
+102
Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 PM

Well said Slipball, a bit of perspective doesn't hurt.. pity not all members have this ability.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 AM

The point is we bought an unfinished product that is still not working a year later... We bought the initial version on good faith...but we still have a Sim that you can't fly for more than 30 mins most of the time in MP.... It is no wonder customers are stomping their feet.. Frankly, with what has transpired, it is not surprising at all...it is easy to lose faith after so long. I would be shocked if this Sim survives and becomes what we thought we were buying.

Nothing to see here? If anything significant happens, I will see it when Steam Downloads whatever is coming next errr... whenever.

Last edited by MegOhm; 03-21-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:42 AM

MegOhm is right. Whilst the team is small, underfunded (?), limited by certain factors etc etc, it doesn't excuse a shoddy product or false statements, or even comments saying they won't offer the community anything because certain people are negative.

hardly professional. You can sugar-coat it as much as you want, but the time has come now for the buyers to choose whether or not they will offer their continuing support. It seems the more engrossed you get in the politics, the more you're put off supporting the team.

It is best to play something else and be patient, but as I said above: it doesn't excuse a faulty product.

Many forum members have been tireless in offering the team support, information etc and I don't think they have really gotten anything in return; least of all messages saying that, because the team is upset, they may discontinue weekly updates. It seems rather childish to me.

Best scenario? Let it dry out. It's only a PC game. If they don't need to community as much as they let on, we have nothing to worry about. This sim isn't going to go anywhere anytime soon.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
MegOhm is right. Whilst the team is small, underfunded (?), limited by certain factors etc etc, it doesn't excuse a shoddy product or false statements, or even comments saying they won't offer the community anything because certain people are negative.

hardly professional. You can sugar-coat it as much as you want, but the time has come now for the buyers to choose whether or not they will offer their continuing support. It seems the more engrossed you get in the politics, the more you're put off supporting the team.

It is best to play something else and be patient, but as I said above: it doesn't excuse a faulty product.

Many forum members have been tireless in offering the team support, information etc and I don't think they have really gotten anything in return; least of all messages saying that, because the team is upset, they may discontinue weekly updates. It seems rather childish to me.

Best scenario? Let it dry out. It's only a PC game. If they don't need to community as much as they let on, we have nothing to worry about. This sim isn't going to go anywhere anytime soon.

You lot really are unbelievable, you're not even considerate enough to wait for the patch before passing further judgement. You KNOW the team are working hard to fix the product. You KNOW the patch is close to release. You've seen what they've already achieved with regards to sound but no.....you have to lay the bl**dy boot in again, and again and again.

And MegOhm says, oh, I don't think the product will survive, the sky is falling down.

Get a grip you guys. You remind me of some thugs standing over a victim and kicking them in the teeth every time they try to get up. No help whatsoever. Achieving NOTHING, ZILCH, ZIP.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM

Sutts I see you, kicking phillip in the teeth because he has a different opinion. I see you getting cross and swearing I see you raising the aggression bar. Nothing Philip or MegOhm said was untruthfull or a lie.
You just dont want to hear it or accept it.
Is the sky falling if you accept it as the truth that some paying customers may feel this way after a year, I think not so take some of the medicine you wish to dish out and chill the heck out.