1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
This is going to get lost in this thread mate. I'd suggest making a new topic (unless I've completely missed it).

I did, but they deleted it.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
No its in the bug thread mate.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
On that note, for those who don't have dedicated game PC, as in they have alot of 'other' software installed for work or what ever, and are 'not' that good at manually configuring their PC for game play.. Those types should consider looking at IOBit's Game Booster. It can unloaded alot of un-necessary programs and generally optimse your PC prior to launching the game.
This is going to get lost in this thread mate. I'd suggest making a new topic (unless I've completely missed it).
and

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Ah.. were you talking to be Phil or furbs?

Because based on the previous page it looked like you quoted me, but I see that furbs responded instead
Old 05-13-2012, 07:11 PM

My BIOS doesn't feature an option to enable/disable Hyperthreading only 'Speedstep' which seems to be for the OS to determine CPU speed - I disabled it, not sure if it will make any difference though.

Nvidea CP has a 'Threaded Optimisation' parameter - is this similar to Hyperthreading or entirely different?
Old 05-13-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
My BIOS doesn't feature an option to enable/disable Hyperthreading only 'Speedstep' which seems to be for the OS to determine CPU speed - I disabled it, not sure if it will make any difference though.

Nvidea CP has a 'Threaded Optimisation' parameter - is this similar to Hyperthreading or entirely different?
I don't know what threaded optimisation is, but the disable hyperthreading option is only relevent if you have an i7 processor. It essentially creates 4 'virtual' cores to enable more threads to be executed simultaniously. It has benefits in certain software, video encoding and that sort of thing, but rarely has any benefit in games, and obviously in this case(CloD) it actually has a detrimental effect.
Boko.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokononist View Post
I don't know what threaded optimisation is, but the disable hyperthreading option is only relevent if you have an i7 processor. It essentially creates 4 'virtual' cores to enable more threads to be executed simultaniously. It has benefits in certain software, video encoding and that sort of thing, but rarely has any benefit in games, and obviously in this case(CloD) it actually has a detrimental effect.
Boko.
Thanks, I just googled my Dual Core CPU and it doesn't have HT - the mobo supports HT and Quad Cores so at least I know to disable it if I upgrade.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokononist View Post
but rarely has any benefit in games, and obviously in this case(CloD) it actually has a detrimental effect.
Boko.
Also disabling hyperthreading will result in cooler cpu core temps as well.

EVGA X58 FTW3 MB| I7 920 cpu @ 4 ghz|6gb Corsair 1600 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2gb |Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 7 64 bit
Old 05-13-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
No its in the bug thread mate.
Correct. Bugs go in the bug thread.

Q6600 @ 2.4 / 4 GB ddr2 / GTX285 1 gb gfx / W7 64
Whiners to fanboys in one move, who'd a thought it!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
It is in the game menu. Network settings screen.
Ahh - after unchecking that option I suddenly got this line in my conf.ini under [NET]:

SkinDownload=0

Rather annoying that only gets into the conf.ini after changing it so you don't see it if its on the default setting (=1)...

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post

Ah.. were you talking to be (ME?) Phil or furbs?

Because based on the previous page it looked like you quoted me, but I see that furbs responded instead
I meant you Aces. But I think Furbs responded because he made the topic I was suggesting towards.