1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 PM

Default Campaigns or Training mission for beginner - CloD

Hello

do any enthusiats or squads offer any additional missions or campaigns for beginners in order to learn flying and coming around in IL2 Cliffs of Dover?

I must admit that I had such a hard time to get through all the struggle setting up my Saitek X52 and am still having issues with Il2 CloD and TrackIR5 Pro clip (I have now in the driver made the setting that Il2 - any IL2 product uses the CHARVEL profile).

But now I am totally frustrated since just the 1st training mission is making me going mad. Reason?
I have problems to find the 1st right circle I have to fly through....!?!?

The tutor tells me, you are too far right go left and vs and go to 60.
I guess he wants to tell me to go to 60 degrees from my course (2 o'clock) or I have to head for 60 degress or what ever. Since I do not get how to operate the compass in the Moth I am lost in sky until the tutor takes over ))
Old 05-16-2012, 03:35 PM

You may have better luck if you post on the CLoD forum: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189;

Question....Do CLoD training missions have 'circles' that you have to 'fly through', as you stated?

Aviar
MSI GTX 660Ti Twin Frozr IV - 2GB
Creative X-Fi
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
24" Acer LCD - P241W
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
TM Tacticalboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module

Last edited by Aviar; 05-16-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalracer View Post
Hello

do any enthusiats or squads offer any additional missions or campaigns for beginners in order to learn flying and coming around in IL2 Cliffs of Dover?

I must admit that I had such a hard time to get through all the struggle setting up my Saitek X52 and am still having issues with Il2 CloD and TrackIR5 Pro clip (I have now in the driver made the setting that Il2 - any IL2 product uses the CHARVEL profile).

But now I am totally frustrated since just the 1st training mission is making me going mad. Reason?
I have problems to find the 1st right circle I have to fly through....!?!?

The tutor tells me, you are too far right go left and vs and go to 60.
I guess he wants to tell me to go to 60 degrees from my course (2 o'clock) or I have to head for 60 degress or what ever. Since I do not get how to operate the compass in the Moth I am lost in sky until the tutor takes over ))

Skip the tutorials and head straight into the action, the tiger moth isn't going to teach you much.

Check this thread

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29379

Keep off line and have some fun first, if the above link looks like its for you then venture online

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 05-17-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:05 PM

Thank you alot!

I dug out some old archives on my PC and found some PDF on historic compasses and I will have another look at my manual of CloD. I still have problems with the handling of keyboard, mouse and X52 and TRI v.5.
So, I essentially do not know how to use the compass in my Moth or any other bird.

I will go through the tut videos and will be some day or next year online :p

However, since I was and am a great fan of SilentHuner3 and its community I hoped that there would be some additional training campaigns or s-missions for CloD.
I do not know what is out there for IL-46 though I got the DVD in my shelf but never installed it since I bought Clod too and I do not want to get disturbed at the moment. Since I know that keyboard and profile settings differ...

cheers