1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
..... and England will win the UEFA Euro 2012 Championship !
No England wont win UEFA, not a chance... Shrek is the most overrated player in the world..be sure

No they wont fix 'this' version of the game...The Sequel will fix this game and will be what this should of been 18months ago..

So I stand by what i said originally
Old 06-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

I find myself going to the 1c il2 1946 forums more often than here these days.

Game wise i'm playing and enjoying HSFX 6.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

At this point this game is dead, it seems that the Dev's are floundering and pinning all hope on the sequel.
However, who will buy it with the lack of playability of CLoD, or more to the point, who will trust 1C to release a working game that won't require 18 months of promises?

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 06-24-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
..... and England will win the UEFA Euro 2012 Championship !
ofcours Italia will beat you tonight. Ciao!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:29 PM

I still dabble with CloD but only because of the efforts of Heinkill and the Desastersoft add-on. I'd be long gone otherwise.

After the 'euphoria' of the beta patch I've reverted to the 'official' version and have to admit that the beta patch has brought more negative to the game than positive for me personally. So I've ditched it for now and would advise anyone who didn't have frame-rate/stutter problems pre beta to try reverting back to see how you get on.

I personally am enjoying CloD more pre-beta. Don't get me wrong, I'm still patiently waiting to see a patch that will take CloD forward, I just don't think that the last beta was it.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
At this point this game is dead, it seems that the Dev's are floundering and pinning all hope on the sequel.
However, who will buy it with the lack of playability of CLoD, or more to the point, who will trust 1C to release a working game that won't require 18 months of promises?
How can the game be dead when the devs are still working on it, a bit premature your opinion, isn't it?

The sequel is only a expansion for CoD, no working CoD ---> no sequel! Is that so hard to understand?

As the wheel doesn't has to be developed anew, see point two, there will only small fixes and changes be needed in the future, the long developement delays were coming with a complete redevelopement of the engine.

Hard to believe that someone frequenting this forum for so long is still spreading such misconceptions.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
How can the game be dead when the devs are still working on it, a bit premature your opinion, isn't it?

The sequel is only a expansion for CoD, no working CoD ---> no sequel! Is that so hard to understand?

As the wheel doesn't has to be developed anew, see point two, there will only small fixes and changes be needed in the future, the long developement delays were coming with a complete redevelopement of the engine.

Hard to believe that someone frequenting this forum for so long is still spreading such misconceptions.
Oh shut up

Decided its easier to 'ignore' you than read your fanboy drivel, arn't we allowed an opinion that differs from yours?

Then again, now your ignored I will never know, bet I still sleep well though..

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 06-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Says it all, Robteks post was very mature and polite.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 06-24-2012, 06:02 PM

to quote Peter Bamm:
Quote:
Optimists have no clue of the joyful surprises, which pessimist experience.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
the long developement delays were coming with a complete redevelopement of the engine.
Newsflash! Removing trees and clouds and other features/textures is not a "redevelopement of the engine". It's just a band-aid fix for a blown off limb.