1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 PM
robtek's Avatar
robtek robtek is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
Newsflash! Removing trees and clouds and other features/textures is not a "redevelopement of the engine". It's just a band-aid fix for a blown off limb.
You mean the changes of the very much wanted pre-alpha-dx10 only- patch?
__________________
Win 7/64 Ult.; Phenom II X6 1100T; ASUS Crosshair IV; 16 GB DDR3/1600 Corsair; ASUS EAH6950/2GB; Logitech G940 & the usual suspects
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:51 PM
carguy_ carguy_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: optimist
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
Newsflash! Removing trees and clouds and other features/textures is not a "redevelopement of the engine". It's just a band-aid fix for a blown off limb.
You couldn`t possibly know the exact changes in the engine. Please refrain from such comments as you`re misinforming others.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Force10 Force10 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
You couldn`t possibly know the exact changes in the engine. Please refrain from such comments as you`re misinforming others.
So you know for a fact they re-coded the gfx engine?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 PM
bongodriver's Avatar
bongodriver bongodriver is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
So you know for a fact they re-coded the gfx engine?

Do you know for a fact they didn't? are we all just supposed to believe what you say because you get angrier than every one else?
__________________


Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:05 PM
robtek's Avatar
robtek robtek is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
Oh shut up

Decided its easier to 'ignore' you than read your fanboy drivel, arn't we allowed an opinion that differs from yours?

Then again, now your ignored I will never know, bet I still sleep well though..
BTW, the accepting of different opinions, which you are demanding, isn't your strong side, isn't it?

Sorry, a just had to get that out.
__________________
Win 7/64 Ult.; Phenom II X6 1100T; ASUS Crosshair IV; 16 GB DDR3/1600 Corsair; ASUS EAH6950/2GB; Logitech G940 & the usual suspects
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Jaws2002 Jaws2002 is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 851
Default

After the first two parches every graphics engine update involve removing and dumbing down features. I wouldn't call that improvement, specially since i kept loosing performance from beta to beta.
__________________
----------------------------------------
Asus Sabertooth Z77
i7 3770k@4.3GHz+ Noctua NH D14 cooler
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-24-2012, 11:06 PM
RickRuski RickRuski is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 462
Default

Can't complain about my frame rates, only the lack of smoothness (micro stutters) that I would like to see addressed. Guess those that want everything in cockpit controlable will always find something that they want fixed and some that play mainly online seem to be having some problems. My game play is only off line so I can't comment about online play. Just hope that the team get things sorted quickly to restore confidence back into the community, the longer it takes the further the downhill slide in confidence is for us.
__________________
Rick


Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:40 AM
FS~Phat FS~Phat is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 602
Default

Guys this argument about dumbing down is getting old and has been explained several times.

The core graphics engine was completely rewritten for the last beta patch which took several months of work.

This necessitated removing some of the add-on effects temporarily until the core was running as fast and smoothly as possible and to allow them to more easily identify core bugs.

The missing effects were never intentionally removed permanently, although as happens with development, some of them may not work to the satisfaction of the devs for quite some time.

So you may not see them all again soon, but rest assured the bulk of them will find their way back into the game when the core graphics engine has been refined. (which is very close)

And in closing.... if you guys cant discuss with some civility, then some of you will be getting infractions and the thread will be locked.

LAST WARNING!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:21 AM
senseispcc senseispcc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 598
Default

I still play it every day for an hour or a little less but the enthusiast of the first IL2 is not there anymore.
I must also say I play nearly only the RAF side the nazi side does leave me with a strange taste.
And for the moment the greatest problems are in the RAF planes.
Now for the critics; great things are easy to criticize and COD is for the moment the top of the air combat simulation WW2 wise it is the topic of the game.
The fact the team creators of that game do still try to correct the game is the right sign that is a prove of good will and honesty also of vision of a future full of new modules or games.
Hope is life we all shall have a long life.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:49 AM
furbs's Avatar
furbs furbs is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,037
Default

Haven't played COD in 2 months, waiting same as most for the holy grail of a patch to turn COD from a "limited online small engagement over the coast with bugs and dodgy graphics, using models that resemble aircraft from the era" to a "Battle of Britain Sim".
__________________
Furbs, Tree and Falstaff...The COD killers...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.