1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Hi all,

I've not been around for quite some time, but I'm really happy to see this excellent mod is still being worked on. I just loaded my old - started in RC3 - save and things appeared to be working just fine. I'm *totally* lost of course as I cannot remember quite where I was lol, but I recall I was quite late-game so had the uber ship & lots of decent equipment. However, I think I'll restart

May I ask, are there any plans to update the initial post with more current details of what the mod contains? No problem if you prefer to focus on modding rather than documenting - I totally get it - but I'd love to be up to date on what to expect. I recall being quite confused (fairly easy to achieve lol) when first trying this mod & my time away has left my memory fuzzy at best.

Anyway, keep up the great work, it's good to see this old game still being supported and improved in this way.

Scoob.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:51 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Scoob

I do want to update the front post, but I'd like to do it once I get some other stuff done first.

Instead I'll just post the major new stuff the current version thats new here:
-New Corporation: The Prestus Corporation
-4 New Systems associated with the Prestus Corp: XT79, Tandrum, XT107 and XT-640. There are WAY more to come, but I have decided to create a Map Editor to make the creation process easier. Alongside with the Editor it will also be used to make a Custom Storyline/Campaign with actual new Gameplay Mechanics for the Prestus Corp. More details will be revealed once 0.6.2XPreview gets Released.
-Many many many undocumented bugs fixed, one of the biggest bug fixes is the JumpCounter finally not currupting mid game and destroying games, I wish I could name all of the fixes right out of my head, but its just that Im not really actively working on the mod as of now, more so on the Editor.
-SW3Cinema: A Battle Simulator. Accessable by pressing F9, and F9 again once in the System.

The real "juicy" stuff is still in the unreleased builds and it will all be included in the next huge Update 0.6.2XPreview or 0.6.2X. The Juicy stuff would be:
-BaseBuilding v2.0: Rewrite of the Basebuilding System with way more features than the original.
-RCFF: Finally finished and working Framework (Its actually finished already, but isn't in the released versions)
-CPU Players
-ConflictEvents3: Final version of Conflict Events which will spawn conflicts of differenct factions randomly on the map.
-GateBlockades2: A System which will randomly create well... Gate Blockades at Portals in Systems supported by different factions and or Threats, which must either Expire or be Destroyed in order to access the Portal.
-"Unfinished Business" Custom Storyline: This Story takes place after SAM's return and is supposed to be a fitting conclusion for SW3.
-"El's Hell" Custom Storyline: Short storyline with Hardcore difficulty telling a "not-to-be-taken-seriously" story involving El from SW1 wanting to kill you at all costs.
-DynamicMissions2: Rewrite of the Dynamic Missions system also with more Features
-ShipPaintshop: A Paintshop which will enable the player to re-paint their Ships to other variants, example: Wanted a InoCo Yari instead of a lame player based one? No problem!
-IndustrialWolves: This will be a Industrial based Mod which will be connected deepily with the Basebuilding2 System that enables many fun features, one feature would be enabling the player to create Asteroid Mining Stations around specific "Resource Asteroids" around the whole Map which will add the Asteroid's specific Resources to the Player Faction's Stats.
-A yet Unnamed planned story involving the Prestus Corporation, it will be the first custom story I will create as its way up the priority ladder on my list.
-Much more not that important stuff which will make an appearance once its there.

I do agree it must be disappointing to see that so little has changed over such a amount of time, but that is due to the fact that this Mod isn't the only Project im working on since a good while.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

Hey nocalora29, thanks for the response.

Sounds like you've got some interesting things planned.

Funny story... When I posted earlier (about 10 hrs ago) I just planned to update my game, tinker a bit, then move on to other things. However, I've not stopped playing since!

This is testament to the quality of your mod, plus I've not had a single crash / issue so far, so your bug fixing work has certain paid off.

Can't believe how totally hooked I've become again.

Looking forward to the 0.6.2 version, whenever you're ready to share it.

Scoob.