1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
trk29's Avatar
trk29 trk29 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC USA
Posts: 1,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
Sounds quite good but you can do most of that on a PS2 game called energy airforce. I recomend this game, although its PS2 it was released round the time the PS3 was so it has reasonable graphics. It also has free flight modes etc and multiple aircraft with full working cockpits. The main aircraft is the F-16 but there are more including - off the top of my head - the X-35 (F-35) and the F-22.
Well we can't get that game in the US, is it the same as Aero Elite because the graphics lok better?

Aero Elite Combat Academy was released a year earlier. Developed by Sega Published by Sega.


Did a search and saw 505 published Energy Airforce developed by Taito. Who knew!

Last edited by trk29; 12-05-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-05-2009, 08:44 PM
stealth finger stealth finger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
Sounds quite good but you can do most of that on a PS2 game called energy airforce. I recomend this game, although its PS2 it was released round the time the PS3 was so it has reasonable graphics. It also has free flight modes etc and multiple aircraft with full working cockpits. The main aircraft is the F-16 but there are more including - off the top of my head - the X-35 (F-35) and the F-22.
over g is an energy airfoce game lol. the packaging doesnt bear the name but the game is filled with it. most planes numbers are EA-XXX. come to think of it when you select new game the first line you see is "energy airforce was given a new mission"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
flynlion flynlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 288
Default

Over G is "realistic"? As I recall one could flip upside down, go get a beer, make a phone call and when you got back your plane would still be there, happily buzzing away until it ran off the map. Not trying to put down anyone for enjoying a game but a flight sim that aint. There is such a thing as gravity, even in a jet fighter. ESPECIALLY in a jet fighter.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-05-2009, 09:44 PM
stealth finger stealth finger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
Over G is "realistic"? As I recall one could flip upside down, go get a beer, make a phone call and when you got back your plane would still be there, happily buzzing away until it ran off the map. Not trying to put down anyone for enjoying a game but a flight sim that aint. There is such a thing as gravity, even in a jet fighter. ESPECIALLY in a jet fighter.
definetly not, maybe on arcade settings that keep you straight but invert and leave it and you'll soon it in the drink/ground...you'll even red out
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 PM
philabong2 philabong2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: montreal, canada
Posts: 135
Default

hey sry if i'm off topic here...have u guys ever tried "AeroElite: combat academy" on ps2?
I thought it was a gr8 game, could do pretty much evrything u mentionned PLUS u could fly heli's like the apache and a few other. I thought it was pretty realistic all around, flying the heli was a blast, tho there was some kind of glitch that allowed bullets to go through buildings and ground features so it was impossibe to take cover from tanks and AAAs at close range. Graphics werent bad too

edit: just saw trk29 's post

Last edited by philabong2; 12-05-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
trk29's Avatar
trk29 trk29 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC USA
Posts: 1,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philabong2 View Post
hey sry if i'm off topic here...have u guys ever tried "AeroElite: combat academy" on ps2?
I thought it was a gr8 game, could do pretty much evrything u mentionned PLUS u could fly heli's like the apache and a few other. I thought it was pretty realistic all around, flying the heli was a blast, tho there was some kind of glitch that allowed bullets to go through buildings and ground features so it was impossibe to take cover from tanks and AAAs at close range. Graphics werent bad too
I mentioned this above . I bought this game this year for 5.00 at gamestop have had fun playing it but I haven't played it in about 6 months stuck on the mission where you have to do a recon and take a picture of a plane and you can't go above a certain amount of feet. Pretty hard because the mission has you starting over land and going through mountains.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Houndstone Hawk Houndstone Hawk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sat in front the PC
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
Over G is "realistic"? As I recall one could flip upside down, go get a beer, make a phone call and when you got back your plane would still be there, happily buzzing away until it ran off the map. Not trying to put down anyone for enjoying a game but a flight sim that aint. There is such a thing as gravity, even in a jet fighter. ESPECIALLY in a jet fighter.
Hmm. Sounds as if you were indeed playing this great console SIM on the default arcade settings (and therefore was little surprise you were bored after 3 minutes), because with the copy of the game I have, there was no way you could leave the craft in an inverted state & go get your beer because if you did you would red-out very quickly followed by a quick inverted dive to terra-firma.
And yes; Energy Airforce & Over G are basically the same game; the energy airforce logo is present throughout the games interface & aircraft.

Referring to your 1st post on this topic; 3 minutes to form an opinion on a game that simulates a complex area such as flight (& done so very well with Over G & Energy Airforce) is a very clever gift to have. Not being a huge fan of Birds of Prey, it did take me a good, careful 6 or so hours before I could finally say 'nope, good graphics but little else'

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 12-05-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-05-2009, 10:12 PM
philabong2 philabong2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: montreal, canada
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I mentioned this above . I bought this game this year for 5.00 at gamestop have had fun playing it but I haven't played it in about 6 months stuck on the mission where you have to do a recon and take a picture of a plane and you can't go above a certain amount of feet. Pretty hard because the mission has you starting over land and going through mountains.
yea i remember this one lol... gotta find the right path thru the mountain... pretty tight in some corners indeed.

but brace urself theres another recon mission after this one and it aint easier
I pretty much finished the game exept for the 2 last scramble mission where u have to take 3 solid pics of both an incoming missile (cant remember the model) and a UFO(!)... let me say those aliens sure are fast
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Raw Kryptonite Raw Kryptonite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 450
Default

I think some are confusing OGF with AC6. One is a sim, one is arcade. It did have an arcade setting to simplify flight controls, but in the end it held you back so much it would probably just get you killed.
OGF has the best control layout on the controller as well. I don't know why flight games don't all use it. Brilliant game. I never thought I'd get done with Hell mode. I only wish we'd get another one or some dlc with more planes and missions.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
trk29's Avatar
trk29 trk29 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC USA
Posts: 1,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philabong2 View Post
yea i remember this one lol... gotta find the right path thru the mountain... pretty tight in some corners indeed.

but brace urself theres another recon mission after this one and it aint easier
I pretty much finished the game exept for the 2 last scramble mission where u have to take 3 solid pics of both an incoming missile (cant remember the model) and a UFO(!)... let me say those aliens sure are fast
Awesome! I may have to start playing this game again. Sounds fun.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.