1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

As stated in another thread, I couldn't find HMS Victory in her drydock though
Old 04-22-2011, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
As stated in another thread, I couldn't find HMS Victory in her drydock though
She's prolly out patrolling the channel till some modern warships arrive Maybe we can launch a hurri from her mainmast!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 AM

And to land at night;
Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

today i tried to land on the docks of Dover.at my first attempt, i was too much left, so my wing collided with the rails and i crashed.but then i tried it another ten times i think.nice approach and soft touch down in the center of the dock.every try resulted in an explosion. unfortunately it seems that its impossible,and that the game sees the harbor docks as buildings.as soon as you touch them,the plane explodes.
its a bit dissapointing,because i was able to land there even in the arcade game Birds of Prey.of course landing in BoP was arcade too and much more simple.
but now i really made nice landings.slow speed and slow descend rate.everything fine.as soon as you touch down,no matter how soft,you explode.

may anybody else already tried it?may be with success and you can convince me that im wrong?

btw: i like your vids Tuckie!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:24 AM

can u actually land\taxi on the tower bridge?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 AM

I've also landed in front ohf the Buckingham palace, I stopped in the roundabout. I couldn't go around though, I couldn't steer my Moth on the ground

Confirmed: Landing on the docks of Dover was the first thing I tried, but I exploded too.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

Confirmed: Landing on the docks of Dover was the first thing I tried, but I exploded too.[/QUOTE]

thats sad
i really hope that it will be possible one day
Old 04-22-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
can u actually land\taxi on the tower bridge?

Well, not that i know of.

1. its to narrow

2. both ends of the bridge have IL2 ramps so trying to tuch down on them or approach them in any kind of speed results in an explosion.

3 landed at one end of the bridge and tried to taxi onto it but the Moth was impossible to steer on the ground. In idle it slowly turned on its own, as soon as u gave it the slightest power it either stopped turning (even with full rudder) or it started turning the other way instead. No control over it what so ever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wierd landings.jpg (882.9 KB, 51 views)
Old 04-22-2011, 04:19 PM

Did you start your flight by selecting the cross-country mission?

I tried the Tiger Moth yesterday and there definitely is a crosswind implemented in that mission, it was weather-vaning to the right with the engine off. I guess this is also part of the reason people have problems with the Blenheim in that mission, as for some reason it spawns with rudder trimmed to the right (this one's easily fixed, just reset the trim), it has a pull to the right of its own due to prop and torque effects and on top of that you have the crosswind to deal with.

On another note, it seems that the Moth's engine controls suffer from similar bugs to the ones found in the two-speed prop Hurricane. It seems that mixture is correctly modeled with rich corresponding to the lever fully aft, but the throttle is reversed (full throttle should be forward, in the sim full throttle is aft).
The reason mixture and throttle are opposite of each other in the real aircraft is that when pulling the throttle back, the throttle lever has some sort of a pin that pulls the mixture back into rich to prevent rough running of the engine that could occur with low throttle and lean mixture.

However, in the sim the throttle is reversed while the throttle pin that pulls the mixture lever is working correctly. This makes it a bit difficult to start it up due to the levers interlocking in reverse (if that makes any sense) and messing things up with inappropriate throttle and mixture combinations that either choke the engine due to too much throttle/fuel or starve it of fuel.

That was with CEM enabled, i will try it again tonight to see if i can make it work as when started up and rolling it's actually easier to work around the bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Only bad things will be commented. Good things are expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
War is usually the massacre of young people that don't know each other for the sake of old people who don't fight and know each other.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Did you start your flight by selecting the cross-country mission?

I tried the Tiger Moth yesterday and there definitely is a crosswind implemented in that mission, it was weather-vaning to the right with the engine off. I guess this is also part of the reason people have problems with the Blenheim in that mission, as for some reason it spawns with rudder trimmed to the right (this one's easily fixed, just reset the trim), it has a pull to the right of its own due to prop and torque effects and on top of that you have the crosswind to deal with.

On another note, it seems that the Moth's engine controls suffer from similar bugs to the ones found in the two-speed prop Hurricane. It seems that mixture is correctly modeled with rich corresponding to the lever fully aft, but the throttle is reversed (full throttle should be forward, in the sim full throttle is aft).
The reason mixture and throttle are opposite of each other in the real aircraft is that when pulling the throttle back, the throttle lever has some sort of a pin that pulls the mixture back into rich to prevent rough running of the engine that could occur with low throttle and lean mixture.

However, in the sim the throttle is reversed while the throttle pin that pulls the mixture lever is working correctly. This makes it a bit difficult to start it up due to the levers interlocking in reverse (if that makes any sense) and messing things up with inappropriate throttle and mixture combinations that either choke the engine due to too much throttle/fuel or starve it of fuel.

That was with CEM enabled, i will try it again tonight to see if i can make it work as when started up and rolling it's actually easier to work around the bug.

Nope, its the free flight over London mission.

Had to tutch down in a circle around the Tower to have enough room