1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Default Your Help Requested on Download

For a lot of reasons I am dim when it comes to downloading.
I have verified the integrity and down loaded the patch. I just don't get the whole Winzip thing. Does the patch show up as a group of separate files in Winzip then I name them to a folder i.e. xxx\steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover? It doesn't seem to want to let me do that.
The instructions for Winzip are not helpful either. I bought the pro version and it keeps asking me if I want to use the evaulation version. I just sit there and stare at it like a dog wanting thumbs and all I want to do is go shoot down das Brylcreamers.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I have verified the integrity and down loaded the patch. I just don't get the whole Winzip thing. Does the patch show up as a group of separate files in Winzip then I name them to a folder i.e. xxx\steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover? It doesn't seem to want to let me do that.
The instructions for Winzip are not helpful either. I bought the pro version and it keeps asking me if I want to use the evaulation version. I just sit there and stare at it like a dog wanting thumbs and all I want to do is go shoot down das Brylcreamers.
G'day mate. I'm a bit of a numpty at this as well but I'll tell you what I do. I download the file, which goes to my downloads folder. Then I unzip the file to the cliffs of Dover folder. Thats all I do. It works every time.
If you get frustrated PM me and we'll jump on teamspeak.
Cheers
Old 08-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Do NOT use Winzip. That's your problem right there. Use Winrar or the free 7Zip utility. This will give you one folder, the "Parts" folder. Simply paste that folder over the existing one. Plus go to your 1C Softclub folder and erase the contents of the Cache folder within.

Apparently the Winzip utility itself fails to unzip some key files in the patch download.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Default unable to locate steamapps folder

Hi all,

i've been holding off posting this problem i have for a while waiting for the "official" patch. I've searched the forums and there doesn't seem to be anyone who has the same issue.
I have Clod installed from the game disk bought since it first came out not a downloaded copy. It works ok apart from the usual grumbles some people have with frame rates and glitches. I would like to try out the latest beta patch and have downloaded it ok but i can not locate my steamapps folder to replace the "part" folder. Ive done searches on all my drives and partitians for "steamapps" but nothing comes up containing the game folder. i've gone through the usual file path quoted in many posts but it isn't in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam. The only thing in this path is "steamexe" which doesn't do anything. Again the game runs fine so i realise it must be on the PC somewhere and have activated "show all hidden files and folders" with windows 7 but again nothing shows. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated as i'm out of ideas.

Cheers.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

keeno

search for the full game folder name on your pc "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" (that is the exact folder name i copy/pasted, including the spaces)

i installed it on my pc on drive i: and it created the following sub-folders during the install process
/steam/steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

inside that last folder are all the game elements, including the "parts" folder you need to install the patch files to

btw, can i suggest you keep a full copy of the current install folder you have, just in case you want to revert to it later if the patch doesnt suit you
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children

Last edited by zapatista; 08-12-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
i use winrar (you can get a free evaluation version), but 7zip works fine as well. i dont know why people are having problems with winzip, unless they altered the default extraction settings for it, all those programs pretty much do the same thing

when you un-compress (or open and then extract) the patch file, to prevent confusion just first extract all the files/folders to a newly created empty folder. during the extraction process it will create a bunch of new sub folders with all the files in the right places

you can then copy the root folder (the newly created patch folder it all unzipped to, which i think is called "parts" ?), and then simply use copy/paste to paste that folder (and all the files inside of it) to the folder with the same name in your current game install location. it will then over write whatever files are needed to be replaced (and your pc will/should ask you if you want to over write certain files, just say "yes to all"), and it will add/replace whatever new files the patch contains

its all pretty straight forward as an install process, just make sure you copy the files/folders to the right location

just ask if still not clear
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children

Last edited by zapatista; 08-12-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
all I want to do is go shoot down das Brylcreamers.
That's 'Die Brylcreemerer' mate as I understand it. 'Das Boot' neuter singular. 'Die Brylcreemerer' - masculine plural. I think. Spelling, grammar and vocabulary all in one hit. Sheesh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brylcreem.jpg (33.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 08-12-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
That's 'Die Brylcreemerer' mate as I understand it. 'Das Boot' neuter singular. 'Die Brylcreemerer' - masculine plural. I think. Spelling, grammar and vocabulary all in one hit. Sheesh.
Should be written "Die Brylcreemer". You could also write "Die Brylcremer".
The secound one would be denglisch (mixture of english and german/deutsch).

Product: "Brylcreem"
"cream" in german is "Creme"
>> "Brylcreme"
Old 08-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

Default can't locate steamapps folder

zapatista

thanks for the reply. i tried your suggestion but still no folder showing the game contents. all my downloaded missions and skins from the documents file appeared but not the folder to paste the "parts" folder from the beta patch.

i searched the whole hard drive, i'm fairly comfortable with PC's but this has got me stumped. Any other ideas?.

Thanks again.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Default finally found steamapps folder

zapatista

finally after what seems like ages trying to locate the game folder i found it tucked away in some obscure sub file not even under a name i would have thought to even look for.

not even sure i like the beta patch now, ha! ha!.