1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:50 PM

another DM thingy; in order to get the MG FF 20mm into the wings of the E3 (correct if me if I'm wrong here) the engineers took some rather drastic measures. Amongst others they reduced the amount of powder in the shells and also did some work on the fuses. This made the 20mm a bit of a troublespot and said errors weren't corrected until after the battle.

Will such effect/result be visible in Storm of War.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 PM

Will machine - gun vibrations and "shaking" be present also when firing from the various gunnery positions in multicrew planes?
If so, other than affecting the gun station effectively firing, will these vibrations propagate to the entire plane and be sensible even from the cockpit?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 AM

Will the Do17 and other non-flyable planes become flyable in future addons/updates after the release of SoW:BoB?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdwaffe
Will the Do17 and other non-flyable planes become flyable in future addons/updates after the release of SoW:BoB?
If everything goes as planned Oleg will release several addons. Furthermore, there will be tools available to the community to allow them to fill in the gaps by making their own aircraft.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:10 PM

Avimimus - you know that for a fact? What is your source of information?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

After recent events I wouldn't be too sure about that. He may still say so, but given the dedication he has regarding his games, it is likely that he'll only release such tools if he is 150% sure that they can't be abused to break into the game code and effect the elements he wants to keep save.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin
After recent events I wouldn't be too sure about that. He may still say so, but given the dedication he has regarding his games, it is likely that he'll only release such tools if he is 150% sure that they can't be abused to break into the game code and effect the elements he wants to keep save.
exactly.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Approved Member

Why don't you all read what Oleg is posting (dono't bi pissed guys, a little joke )? He stated that one will be able to make his own plane but that person will be able to fly it off-line. And as far as i'm concerned, this is GREAT thing. And if the planes will be excellent moddeled and all, that plane an be send to Oleg's team to evaluate for enclusion to game and on-line play. Superb, me thinks!

One question that i wanted to ask Oleg: Will game record aircraft damage and repair history (if not repaired or checked, rate of failure for that aircraft would be grater etc...)?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

What are the chances of being able to swap aircraft midflight?
This is a great option for offline play.

I remember an old game "1942 The Pacific Air War" which allowed this.
On typical missions where you spend a long time on transit to the target you could enjoy yourself flying different positions and different planes in the attack formation.

Once over target, perhaps a torpedo attack on a warship, you could join each attack as it ran in, and whats more if you got shot down you could still finish the mission in a different seat.

Hey! sometimes we just fly for fun.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:03 AM

just wondering out loud if there will be a demo?
Closed Thread