1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > King's Bounty Editor

King's Bounty Editor Info, hints, questions and etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Dwagginz Dwagginz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megakill View Post
I am thinking (not a promise!) that me might want to run a proper affiliate program with the modders - maybe even pack several best fan addons into a special pack and help them distribute it. For example there is a huge number of people making addons for MS flight-sim.

Let's see first how many people are interested in playing with the editor and how elaborate those mods/expansions would be.
I've got an idea. How about a competition where, perhaps from November to December, modders have two months to create a small mod of a set number of islands (such as 5 islands) and the top 3-4 winners get packaged in a special addon pack and they win a special prize (King's Bounty: The Legend - Collector's Edition with an AP t-shirt, perhaps?) and all runners up get a special addon for the game?

Just an idea!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 AM
megakill megakill is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 152
Default

Thanks we will think about various ideas. For now we are working hard to make sure that game is out on the 17th and is as polished as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-27-2010, 05:32 PM
heron1 heron1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megakill View Post
Thanks we will think about various ideas. For now we are working hard to make sure that game is out on the 17th and is as polished as possible.
Will we see a collector edition to Crossworlds?

*edit*

Oh nevermind, there's a GOTY edition.

Last edited by heron1; 08-27-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 AM
JQueue JQueue is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Really looking forward to user made content. Personally, I'm lacking a few attributes when it comes to seeing a full campaign through to the end. Mostly attention span and the ability to come up with good names for characters.

With enough exposure and development, an IGN vault might be a good idea as well. nwvault.ign.com has always been a particularly active one.

Last edited by JQueue; 08-31-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Nike-it's Avatar
Nike-it Nike-it is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQueue View Post
Really looking forward to user made content. Personally, I'm lacking a few attributes when it comes to seeing a full campaign through to the end. Mostly attention span and the ability to come up with good names for characters.
Get ready to create your own perfect king's bounty, the editor is pretty userfriendly, so I'm sure everyone will be able to create new content or just modify the existing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 AM
JQueue JQueue is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Seriously, I once created a dragon named Cragon. I know a lot of developers just head butt the keyboard a couple times to make names for dragons or various mystical creatures, but I wanted something more meaningful for the casual observer.

The ultimate result was that I was so disgusted with my character names and the daunting task of naming my NPCs that I stopped development entirely.

Programming and script modding IS something I am always interested in doing though. I like editing units and generating AIs and abilities such, I hope I will be able to do this.

Last edited by JQueue; 08-31-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Nike-it's Avatar
Nike-it Nike-it is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQueue View Post
Seriously, I once created a dragon named Cragon. I know a lot of developers just head butt the keyboard a couple times to make names for dragons or various mystical creatures, but I wanted something more meaningful for the casual observer.

The ultimate result was that I was so disgusted with my character names and the daunting task of naming my NPCs that I stopped development entirely.

Programming and script modding IS something I am always interested in doing though. I like editing units and generating AIs and abilities such, I hope I will be able to do this.
I'm not good at programming, but from what I've seen and heard you will be able to do a lot of things with the editor, including the ones you mentioned.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 AM
megakill megakill is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 152
Default

We will make a special section at the KB web site about the editor - with explanations, screenshots, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 PM
heron1 heron1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megakill View Post
We will make a special section at the KB web site about the editor - with explanations, screenshots, etc.
Posting some new kb editor screenshot would be nice!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Nike-it's Avatar
Nike-it Nike-it is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron1 View Post
Posting some new kb editor screenshot would be nice!
Here you are
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ed1.jpg (534.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg ed2.jpg (546.9 KB, 59 views)
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.