1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 PM

Oleg: Just a quick question regarding the size of the map. I believe that you have stated, that the map will cower to the north of London, but how much of France or Belgium will be modeled? Will German bombers be able to takeoff from inland bases or do they simply spawn in the air?

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Best Regards

Henrik
Old 10-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

AFIAK there will be some parts of Belgium in the east. No german territory. South edge will be north of Paris. West edge dunno.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

and so it begins to unfold - just as the original Il2 did these many years ago....

One scenario, one theater or chapter of the great airwar at a time....

Thanks for taking the time Oleg - Open GL is good, simple streamlined code that your team is already most familiar with - I am sure you guys have learned a few tricks by now to make it look proper and keep pace.

Is there a way to indicate your targeted release date?

One question for the next time you have time to post answers....

Oleg - will there be some form of Chain Home English radar command and control modeled? and If I may, is it likely to be only in the form of R/T communication to the pilots from the AI - like the way FSX handles Air Traffic Control comms? - or will the radar stations and/or plotting tables be man-able in Online play....? Is that possible or even desirable within the community I wonder?

This last scenario could be carried over to the PTO in future Theaters of SoW....

the Sandman...
Old 10-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

You know, the experience of being guided in by the big radar towers and a radar operator in the "back seat" of the plane is essentially the same.

To model night combat Oleg wouldn't need to model the radar station, only the commands from the co-pilot or radio operator...
Old 10-19-2007, 05:03 AM

In order to support 3 monitor views using Matrox products, you only need the game to run at a custom resolution. Like a resolution of 3072x786. Thats 3 1024x768 monitors, side by side. Thats all! Very simple, and I hope that SOW supports wide screen and many more resolution formats.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbage
In order to support 3 monitor views using Matrox products, you only need the game to run at a custom resolution. Like a resolution of 3072x786. Thats 3 1024x768 monitors, side by side. Thats all! Very simple, and I hope that SOW supports wide screen and many more resolution formats.
No, not really... in IL2 you have to enable an option called USE3RENDERS which tells the graphic engine to render 3 *separate* views and "stitch" them together inside "wide view". There are three different POVs there heading in three different directions simultaneously.

You can try it without Matrox as well (in Excellent mode, not Perfect). You will see the difference.

This is absolutely not the same as simply forcing the wide wiew which in IL2 crops the image (truncates upper and lower part) as compared to a 4:3-sized view!

Edit-
That's why I'm asking Oleg about support for three GPUs - to have those 3 views accelerated on non-Matrox hardware.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:46 AM

Hi.

Two more questions

1. In IL2 almost all on-line pilots forced to fly at low resolutions (1024x768 usually) for best view (ground HQ at 8000m ), in Bob:SOW this problem continue?.

2. In IL2 with some configurations you're capable ear sounds of others planes, explosions at ten milles... (whitout last shit cheats). Host in SOW has option of configurate sound for all players? (as one swith "real sound")

Thx in advance and sorry for my uglish
Old 10-19-2007, 09:28 AM

How will the Complicated Engine Management feature be in SOW:BoB compared to the IL2?

In IL2 there is little or no difference between managing certain planes.It is known that German planes had many things automatic and that gave them real comfort compared to other plane types.Managing your engine should be one BIG problem that German virtual pilots shouldn`t be concerned with.
My point is that as of now, the feature is not significant yet it should be.As we all know some aircraft were easier to manage than others.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_
How will the Complicated Engine Management feature be in SOW:BoB compared to the IL2?

................Managing your engine should be one BIG problem that German virtual pilots shouldn`t be concerned with.
that will depend on what propeller control Maddox will choose for the SoW:BoB Bf109E ........................
Old 10-19-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_

In IL2 there is little or no difference between managing certain planes.It is known that German planes had many things automatic and that gave them real comfort compared to other plane types.Managing your engine should be one BIG problem that German virtual pilots shouldn`t be concerned with.
My point is that as of now, the feature is not significant yet it should be.As we all know some aircraft were easier to manage than others.

Hopefully the same easy way like allied pilots have to do now in IL2+++

In german you can say

"Gang rein. Kupplung, Gas, da macht das Fliegen Spass...."

Because allied pilots have to do nothing else than switching the mixture at 80% during takeoff on the plane you can do this and nothing else. You dont need the switch the proppitch (during the landing maybe but it is not necessary) and other stuff you normally have to do if you read the manuals of the planes
Closed Thread