1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Death to Spies > Ghost of Moscow: Death to Spies

Ghost of Moscow: Death to Spies Upcoming stealth-action for PC and Xbox360

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Jason Jason is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSS View Post
Well, i don't think that it is the option for us for now.. the problem that it will require to rewrite game for the XNA and it will take too much time..
Does the recent Wasteland 2 Kickerstarter give you guys hope? crowd source the cash to finish the game?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Boyarpunk's Avatar
Boyarpunk Boyarpunk is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Grand Duchy of Philadelphia, USA
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Does the recent Wasteland 2 Kickerstarter give you guys hope? crowd source the cash to finish the game?
Hell yes. Sign me up. I would donate if it meant being finally able to play DtS3!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Funktion Funktion is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
Default

I was unaware of these recent developments. I was searching for some recent news about Ghost of Moscow, and I am quite sad to see the problems that exist regarding the new game.

Firstly, because I really enjoyed the previous two games, but also because all that was shown of the new game looked rather awesome. It's hard to understand what lead to 1c dropping the game, especially since the first two games seemed to have sold decently for them, but then again we are on the outside, so we don't know the full story.

Anyway, OSS, I hope the game comes out in any way. Be it by splitting the game and selling it in two halves, through a pre-order campaign (similar to Kickstarter, or directly through you), or any other method, I hope you find something that works out for you. Since it's now easier than ever to release something digitally, maybe you should consider that option (leaving a publisher only for a later boxed release).

Whatever your choice, you have my money. I was (and still am) really looking forward to play the game, so I hope you pull through.

Keep us updated, and good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Boyarpunk's Avatar
Boyarpunk Boyarpunk is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Grand Duchy of Philadelphia, USA
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion View Post
I was unaware of these recent developments. I was searching for some recent news about Ghost of Moscow, and I am quite sad to see the problems that exist regarding the new game.

Firstly, because I really enjoyed the previous two games, but also because all that was shown of the new game looked rather awesome. It's hard to understand what lead to 1c dropping the game, especially since the first two games seemed to have sold decently for them, but then again we are on the outside, so we don't know the full story.

Anyway, OSS, I hope the game comes out in any way. Be it by splitting the game and selling it in two halves, through a pre-order campaign (similar to Kickstarter, or directly through you), or any other method, I hope you find something that works out for you. Since it's now easier than ever to release something digitally, maybe you should consider that option (leaving a publisher only for a later boxed release).

Whatever your choice, you have my money. I was (and still am) really looking forward to play the game, so I hope you pull through.

Keep us updated, and good luck.

Well said. And (for what it's worth), Haggard has my money, too.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Jason Jason is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyarpunk View Post
Haggard has my money, too.
They would definitely have my money and loud mouth to spread the word!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 AM
OSS OSS is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Does the recent Wasteland 2 Kickerstarter give you guys hope? crowd source the cash to finish the game?
Well, it can be a choice for us, but kickstarter only accepts starting projects from US residents (US address, US banks, etc..)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-28-2012, 03:38 AM
ChunkyBitz ChunkyBitz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSS View Post
Well, it can be a choice for us, but kickstarter only accepts starting projects from US residents (US address, US banks, etc..)
I don't think that's true, as there was recently a Kickstarter for Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Right on the Kickstarter page it says Stainless Games is located in Isle Of Wight, United Kingdom.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-reincarnation

Of course, I suppose it's possible that they had someone in the US act as their representative for the Kickstarter project.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Funktion Funktion is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyBitz View Post
I don't think that's true, as there was recently a Kickstarter for Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Right on the Kickstarter page it says Stainless Games is located in Isle Of Wight, United Kingdom.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-reincarnation

Of course, I suppose it's possible that they had someone in the US act as their representative for the Kickstarter project.
From what I understand, for one to start a campaign they have to have a representative in the US, or create a new company in the US (basically just to receive the funds and send them back to the country of origin).
Kickstarter announced they will soon allow campaigns from the UK, but so far it's US only.

But it should be doable. A better example, in this case, would be the new campaign from Ice-Pick Lodge (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...64/knock-knock), since they are from Russia.

I wish there was a way, Kickstarter or not, to help the game come to life. It showed a lot of promise in the videos that were released, and it's a shame if it never gets out.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Funktion Funktion is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Does anyone have any news regarding the game?

It's a bit sad to see such promising game (and series) vanish like this.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:47 AM
OSS OSS is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 113
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion View Post
Does anyone have any news regarding the game?
It's a bit sad to see such promising game (and series) vanish like this.
The news is that DtS3 goes to IndieGoGo crowdfunding platform. Check http://igg.me/at/deathtospies3
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.