1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:52 PM
speculum jockey

The trees look great, which leads me to wonder if we can have non-critical/fatal crashes with them in our planes. Can we skim trees and have them brush the underside of our plane and not lose a wing or explode, or is it like IL-2 where touching an object = fireball?

Also, In the third pic posted (the lone 109 flying with the gear partially up):

There is a windmill in the bottom centre of the picture. Will it's blade rotation depend on wind speed?

Still day=no rotation
Windy day=fast rotation

Even if they're static, that's ok in my book (I just want to fly), but I was interested in how much detail you are putting into it.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

... and will the windmill have variable pitch and auto feather?

PPanPan
Old 09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Attention: Some details is temporary missed on the screenshots of city. As I told that some of interesting features and details we will tune and/or insert up to the X day .

The last screen shot here - its by the case... He was too late to bail out....
Nice pics!!

Can we get some of these types of pictures from inside the cockpit looking out. I dont plan on playing this in third person view.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
Awesome screen shots, SoW is shaping up to be more that what I was expecting. I do need to apologise however, this was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this shot ....

EXACTLY what I was thinking, you beat me to it lol. It looks like Hitler breaking it down lol.

The screen shots are just awesome. Those city pics are amazing. I can already hear my CPU and GPU whimpering. This looks like the type of game that, sometimes, I am just going to jump into a plane and go sightseeing. It looks like a top notch flight sim AND a top notch combat sim rolled into one. I guess we'll know more when we see some video.

To the development team I can only say: terrific.

Now I await 20 forum pages arguing about some minor detail.

Splitter
Old 09-10-2010, 03:11 PM

Is that France we see in the Bf109 pictures? London looks amazing, I would love to drive around it as well as fly over.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 PM

Mr. Oleg,

I notice that the pics are all 1920 x 1080. It's good because the majority of big LCD monitors on the market have this 16/9 resolution; I expect nevertheless that also other large formats will be supported, such as 1920 x 1200.

Regards,
Insuber
Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the latest update. These pics are by far the most immersive yet. If this is but a small percent of what we can expect from SoW:BoB, I'm buying it instantly even if it comes with only two flyables. I can't wait to see screen shots like these blasted clean with decent doses of AA and AF. S!

Last edited by TheFamilyMan; 09-10-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

Awesome screenshots, in every respect all are wonderful and show some excellent features!

However, the reticle on the 109 gunsight is wrong. This should be changed for release. I am sure many who know a lot about the Luftwaffe could show you what it should look like but here is a good example (I don't have access to any official documents, but this is correct)

Those cities look fantastic. I will say though that the trees and hedges don't look as realistic as the rest of the scenary. I say this in the sense that their placing seems a bit ordered; a tree here, space, tree here, space etc A more random arrangement with dense-groups of trees and lots of thick hedges would look much more realistic I must say that the textures for the trees are looking really good. Great work! Also, when the 3D grass fades to a 2D texture, perhaps the transition could be smoother? I understand this is very much WIP but I am just clarifying

I hope you're better, Oleg.

Last edited by philip.ed; 09-10-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Default London Building Colours

The density and arrangement of buildings in London look fantastic. Some low level flying at street level beckons me thinks.

I know it's WIP, but just to clarify, the colours of the buildings may be a little off. Buckingham Palace looks too 'blue' IMHO and should be paler/yellower. Also, I understand that London buildings (possibly including Buckingham Palace?) were much dirtier in 1940, from all the coal smoke and soot that was cleared up in later years by the Clean Air Act.

PPanPan
Old 09-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Very impressive update.

The city shots look really good, but I can't help but wonder that my computer is quaking in it's boots looking at them.

I half expected to see the King out on the palace balcony.

It's looking better and better every Friday. Can't wait to buy my copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
Also, In the third pic posted (the lone 109 flying with the gear partially up):

There is a windmill in the bottom centre of the picture. Will it's blade rotation depend on wind speed?

Still day=no rotation
Windy day=fast rotation

Even if they're static, that's ok in my book (I just want to fly), but I was interested in how much detail you are putting into it.
If you look in the picture quoted above the windmill has it's sails in the "X" position.
In the second set of screenshots, the one with the three 109s starting up, there is a windmill above the rearmost 109's tail with it's sails in the "+" position.
Maybe the windmills do rotate.

Thanks for the update Oleg and team.