1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2017, 02:50 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

@mirageex
Did you start the game via the new exe?

::::
@KoresDMinev
Hey, you probably got hided due to being a new account, but thats normal.

Since I can see your post now, could you load a save file which is BEFORE you get to that Free Time quest and replay to the part where you get stuck, and now I need the LOGfile.txt and the save-game before you get stuck in the free time quest.

LOGfile.txt location: Game Install Directory\LOGfile.txt
Save games location: Game Install Directory\profiles\your user name\save\

::::
@TooBig
I would need the LOGfile of where you get stuck
Old 03-12-2017, 03:18 AM
Approved Member

Yessir, tried both sw3cwEXP and sw3cw.x64.

I get to the main menu, click start new game, skip intro and crashes while trying to load Corrino.

I ran the installer, copy pasted the directory into the window for the main directory of SW3 and then ran the main install, the update and then the hotfix.

What did I screw up there?
Old 03-12-2017, 09:37 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @mirageex

Alright, just to be sure here:

While you installed the Mod, did you place all the 3 Installers needed to the game directory and in this Order:
MAIN+RESOURCES INSTALL -> 0.6.1.9P2-RC3 INSTALL -> Hotfix #1 INSTALL

If so, could you please give me your LOGfile after the game crashes and also tell me what files are in the main game directory and also in the Data\ Folder?, Thanks.

To be honest, I suspect missing files, its the most common for this type of crash.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:14 AM
Approved Member

When you say place all the installers to the directory, do you mean unzip the whole thing in to the Star Wolves 3 folder, or just the installer file itself?

It's possible I may have done that initial step wrong.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:18 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

The Installer itself can be run from anywhere you'd like, just make sure its unpacked and not in a zip file with the other folders, etc.

Also: Did the Installer something during installation? or was it instantly finished? because each of the installers take a while (excluding the Hotfix one)

Just to be sure: Heres a Manual Installation tutorial:
Get all of the 3 Installers [MainResources, 0.6.1.9P2RC3, Hotfix #1]

INSTALLING MAINRESOURCES: Go to the Setup folder and drag everything in there over to your MAIN star wolves installation, the place where the exe also is basically.

INSTALLING THE UPDATE: Go to the Setup folder and drag everything to the \Data\ folder of the game.

INSTALLING THE HOTFIX: Go to the Setup folder and drag everything to the \Data\ folder of the game.

If you did this manual installation, and it still doesn't work, please give me a picture of your sw3 main directory
Old 03-15-2017, 03:37 AM
Approved Member

No joy, still getting a runtime error on first loading screen.

https://i.gyazo.com/091cc3b86959a032...3b22ae1614.png

^ Main directory.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:28 PM
Approved Member

Hey, new user here. I finally got this expansion working after extended difficulties yesterday, including not being clear which file to download, and then the install program which I didn't let me choose the install directory, forcing me to bypass it entirely, though thankfully the manual install directions worked. Everything appears to work fine now except the time compression, which still appears limited to a max of 8x. FWIW the only .exe file I've gotten working is the 8x one; with the normal one, saves load, but my ship won't move. Any ideas of what I may be doing wrong, here, and tips/tricks to get it working? This was one of the main things I was looking forward to in this patch/expansion. Thanks! Paul
Old 03-25-2017, 02:57 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Its highly possible theres something severly wrong with the latest releases, so I am going to upload a Final COMPLETE release, which does not Require any hotfixes or anything similiar.

EDIT: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sw3exp/dow...#downloadsform
Install it like a regular mod, no installer, just game files.

--- Just gonna Throw the new stuff of Hotfix #2 in here ---
Fixed SysSize of the "TE Nanite" System

@AC: You do know that the game's absolute max IS in fact 8x? right?.
The new exe only removes an re-setter to 4x when there are too many objects in-game at once, this fix does not allow you to speed the game up to more than 8x times.

Last edited by nocalora29; 03-25-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post
Its highly possible theres something severly wrong with the latest releases, so I am going to upload a Final COMPLETE release, which does not Require any hotfixes or anything similiar.

EDIT: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sw3exp/dow...#downloadsform
Install it like a regular mod, no installer, just game files.

--- Just gonna Throw the new stuff of Hotfix #2 in here ---
Fixed SysSize of the "TE Nanite" System
Good deal! I'm assuming you're the patch/expansion creator, and overall I think it's great.

FWIW, I seem to be experiencing the stuck "Free Time" quest issue that at least one other person has mentioned. There's also a "Not found string: L_Quest_1_06B" quest with the same line as description that's been on the list pretty much since the beginning of the game; not sure what's up with that, but clearly another bug of some kind.

On another note, I really liked the option to avoid switching motherships and avoid taking mandatory long jumps automatically, but there was at least one time I encountered where you weren't notified before switching motherships...when you go after the Astarte mothership. And it seems to happen either in combat, or if you take advantage of the intuition perk to buy it rather than fight to capture it. This issue forced me to backtrack significantly to avoid losing a significant amount of money and gear I had invested into another mothership, and for that matter avoid having a quest indefinitely open to get said mothership. Don't know if that can be corrected in later patches or not.

Quote:
@AC: You do know that the game's absolute max IS in fact 8x? right?.
The new exe only removes an re-setter to 4x when there are too many objects in-game at once, this fix does not allow you to speed the game up to more than 8x times.
Ok, perhaps I'm confused, then. I saw this patch: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sw3exp/dow...-speed-fix-exe

From reading the description of this mod, I inferred that it would allow you to run time compression at speeds faster than 8x. Did I misunderstand what it does? Or is this not associated with your expansion mod in any way?
Old 03-26-2017, 09:58 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

@AC37AC37
Sorry for the trouble and bugs, its quite hard to keep oversight on something so huge form times to times.

Yes, I am the Creator of the Mod, although many Resources in the Mod also are owned by other People, such as Trucidation, Goblin Wizard, Nanaki, XBow Software and the StarRover Team.

As for the missing quest and the mothership switch bug: Can you, by any chance, upload me the LOGfile of your game?, its located the main installation directory, its an .txt file.

The thing about this specific case is that, the code/script part of this mission-area is very, very and I mean VERY tangled and also has alot of optional routes the player "may" go, which each go to different code-tree's if you know what I mean, so Theres most likely gonna be some undiscovered bugs, which seems to be the case here.

Quote:
Ok, perhaps I'm confused, then. I saw this patch: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sw3exp/dow...-speed-fix-exe
Yeah, it could confuse some people, but I reffered to the re-setter of the game, which restricts you to play on 8x speed for a longer period of time, it was a nasty thing to patch out of the application exe, as I was required to edit it with an Assembler .

@All: I will be not at home till Friday, so do not expect any Hotfixs/Progress Reports till then, but feel free to still ask questions and or report additional bugs you may encounter, although I am not quite sure if I will be able to respond in that given time, fact is: I will be back with you all at Friday.