1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 10-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Default How do I switch sides?

I want to get some training time in the 109,but I've selected Britain as my default country. When I select a solo flight I always wind up in the Hurricane, even after I've switched country, pilot and plane. Is that a quirk of the sim that once you select a country, you live with it? Or is it Steam thing?
thank you,
Flyby out
Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Are you in quick mission, or in single mission or campaign?
I have a simple answer that might or might not help. If you go to the main menu and then 'options' and then to 'pilot' you can problably chose Red or Blue side in the menu to the right.
I'm not at my gaming computer just now so I'm going by memory which is hazy even at the best of times
Good luck!

Flying online as Setback.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

I forgot this...look at the posts on page 3 of this thread on how to chose a flyable plane:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=40751&page=3

Old 10-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby View Post
When I select a solo flight I always wind up in the Hurricane, even after I've switched country, pilot and plane.
In QM and Singles missions you can fly with any flyable plane include in mission.
Just click over default (Stock) plane picture and select another in the new window (seems like you describe).
The loadout for this plane you need create first, in Options > Plane and select under plane picture in this mission menu, after hit "FLY" is not allowed change loadout, although you can access the loadout screen after - see this as "check list".

And look ate > Options > "Realism" > if "Cannot switch planes", "Cannot switch sides" are un-ticked, maybe make effect.

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "

Last edited by Sokol1; 10-13-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

S~ All,
What I'm trying to do is to practice starting up and taking off in the Emil. When I select Single_Player-Training-First_solo, I wind up in the Hurricane. I want to be in the Emil. I'm wondering if it's because I first selected Great Britain as the country when I first ran the game, and am thinking maybe that's why I can't first solo in the Emil. So my question, to the point,is how to change that plane selection? I've went in and tried changing the country, pilot,, plane, etc, but it seems to default back to the Hurri. Sokol1, I did go into the Realism menu and unticked those menu items, then went back and selected Germany, athe pilot, and the plane. Then i went into the Training/solo and the Hurricane came back up. I went back into the realism menu and the items i had unticked were "ticked" again, as though reset. Very puzzling.
thank you,
Flyby out
PS thank you for the feed back
Old 10-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

I think maybe it is a mission which can't be changed. I'm not sure though, but I seem to remember having the same problem with some missions. Keep trying though...I hope someone can help.
You could also try looking for a single mission for the Bf 109 with a ground-start.

Also I think the second mission in the Redux campaign (Luftwaffe version) has a ground start. I just started it myself. The (Luftwaffe) Redux campaign is made by Heinkill, and has reworked and improved missions. Here it is:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...-campaign-cod/

-

Last edited by major_setback; 10-13-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:08 AM

What I'm trying to do is to practice starting up and taking off in the Emil.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

Select the Quick Mission "Cross country" the only QM with take-off - click over Blenheim picture and select any flyable plane of game.

The aircraft spawn on end of runway with engines on and warm (thanks to "I don have time to wast starting and warming engines "faction"").

TF could remove this useless training module from the game - actually the Tiger Moth is the most difficult aircraft to take-of on entire game.

Sokol1
"...we did Co-ops every week. I used to read all the complaints on bananarama how coops was impossible and then I'd go and have a great squad night flying coops....couldn't figure out what they were complaining about. "