1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby View Post
I'm going to build a system that won't be cutting edge in any way. The one area that I would indulge myself would be the GPU, and it's looking like I might go for the AMD 6970. I figure the extra ram, per CoD's recommended GPU memory, can't hurt. Plus this card sits, performance-wise between the 570 and the 580, depending on the game. It may not have as long a future-proofing impact as a dual-GPU or even the 580, but it's ahead of the CoD requirements at the moment until Oleg starts "turning stuff on".

I'm no overclocking fiend here. I know [Hard]OCP still uses the i7-920 when it tests video cards, and states that it overclocks that cpu to 3..6ghz "to remove the cpu bottleneck" from it's testing. For what that's worth. But with Oleg's recommendation for a 2.66ghz quad, I know I have plenty of overhead for just how far I want/need to push my cpu.
As I said, I'm no overclocking fiend. I'm not one to replace a cpu at every new turn. Room to "grow". That's what I'm interested on. With air cooling, of course.

In the end, I want a fluid display experience, and as much immersion representation (eye candy) as my want will tolerate.

So, back to ram. Fluid play and cache ram on the hard drive? System ram? GPU ram? Can I take it all three help the cause? Those plus a good cpu and I'm in there. Right?
Flyby out
GPU V-RAM - 1GB....GTX470 and GTX570 comes with 1.28GB, GTX580 1.53GB and GTX560 Ti 1GB; ATI6950 and 6970 2GB....you will be safe with 1GB if using one screen with resolutions up to fullhd (including fullhd)....so no worries there unless you have 3x 24" monitors.....

RAM - 6GBs....that would be enough for COD and for win7 64 bit......

HDD cache - 32MB....I have SATA disk drive with 32mbs of cache.....I think its more than enough....SSDs are nice but you will not gain much from them (in gaming!).....they can be used for some other things better....its a waste of money to buy an SSD drive just for gaming....

Last edited by Tvrdi; 02-02-2011 at 07:55 PM.