1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

The game is advertised as both a Simulator, and a Racing game. I've indicated this many times before. Those that know about 1C's driving games, also know that they are racing games too. They mix them both in this game. For better, or worse, that is just the way it is. I don't know what you're using as a steering device, but I have no difficulty here. A keyboard, and mouse is not suited for driving in this game. Some of your other remarks are incomprehensible so I can’t address them as I normally would.

As far as bugs are concerned. You need to give your system specs like I have in my signature to be able to find the difficulty you are having here.
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Vesku_K Vesku_K is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
The game is advertised as both a Simulator, and a Racing game. I've indicated this many times before. Those that know about 1C's driving games, also know that they are racing games too. They mix them both in this game. For better, or worse, that is just the way it is. I don't know what you're using as a steering device, but I have no difficulty here. A keyboard, and mouse is not suited for driving in this game. Some of your other remarks are incomprehensible so I can’t address them as I normally would.

As far as bugs are concerned. You need to give your system specs like I have in my signature to be able to find the difficulty you are having here.
my computer Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium E5300 @ 2.60GHz
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-15)
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION Eureka3 (CPU 1)
Graphics
HP w2216 @ 1680x1050
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (MSI)
Hard Drives
1465GB Western Digital WDC WD15EADS-65P8B1 ATA Device (Unknown)
Optical Drives
VKF XEJK92J SCSI CdRom Device
hp DVD-RAM GH40L ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 PM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesku_K View Post
my computer Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium E5300 @ 2.60GHz
The reason you are having bugs is, because your system is slightly above the Minimum Requirement at 2.4GHz. This game is best played at 3.0GHz, or more (Recommended Requirements). Most people fall for this. On any game, you should always meet the Recommended Requirements to have any game run properly. Anything less, will give less performance. The game will run, but not as you see it on trailers, or any other videos. I say this over, and over. So don’t blame 1C for this. This is something that many people must pay attention to. I NEVER buy a game without reading the forums first, and/or meeting the “Recommended Requirements”. I’ve been had too many times, and learned my lesson. You should have also read this post in the Tech area Game Requirements
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-19-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Vesku_K Vesku_K is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
The reason you are having bugs is, because your system is slightly above the Minimum Requirement at 2.4GHz. This game is best played at 3.0GHz, or more (Recommended Requirements). Most people fall for this. On any game, you should always meet the Recommended Requirements to have any game run properly. Anything less, will give less performance. The game will run, but not as you see it on trailers, or any other videos. I say this over, and over. So don’t blame 1C for this. This is something that many people must pay attention to. I NEVER buy a game without reading the forums first, and/or meeting the “Recommended Requirements”. I’ve been had too many times, and learned my lesson. You should have also read this post in the Tech area Game Requirements
Thanks for your reply and humble apologies to those that I offended, but it still lacks an essential and it is a new patch, yes, it should help in setting the minimum number of shortcomings. not. but I do not want to quarrel with, this case is a clear case. Thanks and Adoration and although I have the minimum settings, there is still some shortcomings which are not due to preferences, namely the fact that the AI cars drive anyhow, come on and the other small, which you might think of the new patch will help, if they do.
and now thanks for you

Last edited by Vesku_K; 04-19-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:28 PM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

The most recent patch for the English version works well. Sure we would like to see a new patch to give the game more, but in essence it still works well for those that meet the specs. By way of patch, we (I) mean to manually get our loads, and the trailer phsyics that are lacking. Anything else is relatively minor, and may need some additional patches.
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Cowboy10uk Cowboy10uk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 41
Default

Well I just got this today, Luckly for a very cheap price, £4.99 in Game.

Installed fine, set up graphics to my PC, all at high and started, graphics are ok not stunning but not bad either, apart from the fact my Truck seems to have a hover conversion, as I have no wheels showing. never mind slight bug which I will try and fix later.

Then into a single mission and see all routes have a time limit. Ummm ok I know that time is money in the trucking buisness, But when I play a game, I personally Hate time limit games, takes the fun out of it. Fingers crossed someone has modded this, again I will check later.

Out on the road and turned the wrong way on interstate, my fault for not checking the map, Ok ill just come off at next junction and turn, Sadly someone had seen fit to put concrete barriers across the bottom of slip and not put any warning signs up. *** What is the point of building a road system then putting the routes on tracks, People do go the wrong way, Ive never seen this in a truck game.

Please please can someone tell me that these barriers can be removed. That there is a game killer.

ah well back to Cliffs of Dover.

Cowboy10uk

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-23-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Edited For Content.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-23-2011, 01:26 PM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy10uk View Post
Well I just got this today, Luckly for a very cheap price, £4.99 in Game.

Installed fine, set up graphics to my PC, all at high and started, graphics are ok not stunning but not bad either, apart from the fact my Truck seems to have a hover conversion, as I have no wheels showing. never mind slight bug which I will try and fix later.

Then into a single mission and see all routes have a time limit. Ummm ok I know that time is money in the trucking buisness, But when I play a game, I personally Hate time limit games, takes the fun out of it. Fingers crossed someone has modded this, again I will check later.

Out on the road and turned the wrong way on interstate, my fault for not checking the map, Ok ill just come off at next junction and turn, Sadly someone had seen fit to put concrete barriers across the bottom of slip and not put any warning signs up. *** What is the point of building a road system then putting the routes on tracks, People do go the wrong way, Ive never seen this in a truck game.

Please please can someone tell me that these barriers can be removed. That there is a game killer.

ah well back to Cliffs of Dover.

Cowboy10uk
Hello, and welcome to the R ‘n’ R. forum.

Time limits is part of the game, and thus far none of our ‘Mod Gods’ have been able to change this without disturbing the mechanics of the game. The same goes for the road barriers. The road barriers are just something that we have to deal with, and are part of just about every trucking game out there.

Please refrain from using foul/offensive language even if it’s abbreviated. Your point can be just as clear without it. Thanks
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-24-2011, 01:25 AM
modern rat modern rat is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Well, I got it a week ago. I really can't add anything that hasn't been said already, but, what the hey, here goes.

Incredible graphics. I use Microsoft Flight Simulator, and, after playing RNR, I almost hate to go back to MS because of MS's pathetic graphics.

All accidents are my fault, no matter if they are or not.

No vintage trucks (I want a Ford C Series, a sixties White-Freightliner (with 2 and 4 headlights), a Mack R Series, etc.

Poor steering characteristics.

Good radio thing. (That ain't, I mean, is, right.)

Lack of signs warning about upcoming curves.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-26-2011, 12:35 PM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

It’s nice to see all of your viewpoints of RNR. However, I ask that you please cast your vote at the top of the page, so that our readers can get a quick gage of the game, and our overall ratings. This is after all, a Poll Thread.

Welcome to the forum Modern Rat.
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-29-2011, 12:11 AM
gameking47 gameking47 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by modern rat View Post
Lack of signs warning about upcoming curves.
There are signs warning on the roads on the mountain in the town of Mi-Wuk Village
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.