1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 06-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Trucidation
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yes, AllSpecials.xsd has the definitions for active perks. If I wanted to duplicate the effects of a passive skill - for example create an active perk called Concentrate_1, and give it the effect of Criticals_3 (an existing passive perk) - I don't think that's possible because nowhere in AllSpecials.xsd is there provision for critical hits.

I'm somewhat sure I can figure out how to mod the various passive perk, but active skills are out of my reach due to the XML schema limitations.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Goblin Wizard Goblin Wizard is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 506
Default

You don't need to change any file to add a pilot one of the existing perks. Function pilot:SetPerk("perk_name") is enough and overrides any requirements. You can activate it by e.g. dialog option. This function works with any pilot not only controlled by you or with a perk tree.
Pilots.xml file contains only starting perks for a pilot.
PilotProperties.script keeps definitions for GUI perk tree (with perks costs). Other important parts are two tables inside SaveParks and RestorePerks functions. Their names are self-explainable and are called when pilot leaves/come back under your control.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 07-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Marodeur Marodeur is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Hi.

Is there any overview what this script is changing right now?
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Nanaki Nanaki is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodeur View Post
Hi.

Is there any overview what this script is changing right now?
It primarily adds fleets and convoys to the list of random contacts you can encounter on the field.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 07-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Marodeur Marodeur is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Ah ok. Thx for the work.

I loved SW 1 and played it with the easy mod and mothership mod. For SW2 i tried "real SW2". But the small german modding community is dead after frogster interactive changed their business model and closed the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:18 AM
SuperiorX SuperiorX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
Default

great job guys gona have a ton of fun with this and goblins mod to.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-20-2010, 11:56 PM
stivoknis stivoknis is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Crystal Lake, Illinois
Posts: 14
Default

Thanks Nanaki and Goblin Wizard!
Your mods have finally added some more life to this rather silent game.
I just hope you mods didn't change the difficulty of the missions too much. However if I'm having trouble doing a certain mission I sure can blow up convoys for some added cash.
Thanks again, your mods are amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Nanaki Nanaki is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivoknis View Post
Thanks Nanaki and Goblin Wizard!
Your mods have finally added some more life to this rather silent game.
I just hope you mods didn't change the difficulty of the missions too much. However if I'm having trouble doing a certain mission I sure can blow up convoys for some added cash.
Thanks again, your mods are amazing.
My mod does not change any of the mission encounters, the worst that could happen is that a randomly generated hostile fleet gets the jump on you while you are in the middle of a hairy battle, but the chances of that happening are extremely small (it has never happened to me).

The fleets and convoys themselves are very tough for random enemies, but still weak compared to what many of the missions will throw at you. If anything, if you are able to bust convoys than the game becomes easier. My recommendation is to head to some of the more pirate-infested sectors, preferably equipped with very good sensors. Avoid the pirate fleets, and smash the pirate convoys. You not only get a ton of money, but you can also get decent ships and decent equipment.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 PM
SuperiorX SuperiorX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
My mod does not change any of the mission encounters, the worst that could happen is that a randomly generated hostile fleet gets the jump on you while you are in the middle of a hairy battle, but the chances of that happening are extremely small (it has never happened to me).

The fleets and convoys themselves are very tough for random enemies, but still weak compared to what many of the missions will throw at you. If anything, if you are able to bust convoys than the game becomes easier. My recommendation is to head to some of the more pirate-infested sectors, preferably equipped with very good sensors. Avoid the pirate fleets, and smash the pirate convoys. You not only get a ton of money, but you can also get decent ships and decent equipment.
hahaha u wanna know what hapens to me when i get the red mastiff and i have to escort that guy in elinor, the msf random patrols spawn fairly often and own my ass as i have to travel a fair way thry the system it didnt help that nsf were hostile towards me as well, the great thing was that sometimes msf duked it out with nsf and id get some sweet gear but i could never survive and make it to the guy that fixes the id.

Even after the id is fixed the msf was still hostlie towards me and guess what they always owned the nsf patrols and spawns and i just couldnt get out of the system alive to make them neutral towards me.

so i edited the mastiff to 15000hp/20000 sp 20sp regen and even with this i could berly get out of the system alive as i had set the thingy in random contacts for random spawn strenght 20 and evrything was kicking my ass due to all ships being 4th/5th gen untill i geared up fully and still i get blown up a lot but im having a blast.

also using goblins ms mod which great.

NANAKI u have done a great job and thanks for making the game more lively and enjoyable and props go to GOBLIN VIZARD for his awsome ms mod.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Nanaki Nanaki is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 338
Default

When you have the pirate mastiff it is easy to avoid the patrols. While your still in Achilles, you can visit the Achilles station and get the engine booster and the sensor booster equipped. With those devices, you can detect enemy ships before they reach your mothership and take evasive manuvers to avoid them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.