1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
After a longer break I gave CloD another try. I didn't even get to test the fps over land and cities, I hit exit right after watching the stupid UFO AI do 50-60 barrel rolls. I still feel robbed. drop me a line when it's playable.

...I was so looking forward to this game
I was starting to get really irritated today with the AI...more than usual. Maybe it's just pent up frustration with the AI starting to come out.
But yeah, missions just aren't as fun as they could be. The AI I'm afraid is just junk.
It's not even just the endless barrel rolls (actually, they're just plain old rolls) but the idiotic endless vertical maneuvers to the point of stalling, as well as having no sense of distance...the AI often just plows right into enemy planes, or worse yet, planes on it's own side.

It's just sapping the fun out of the game. Ugh.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:29 PM

well we know they have hired a guy and he is working on the AI, lets just be patient and hope he does a good job.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 AM

SO how did the real pilots get to take off and into position on runway ...or taxi ...ive had this problem too ...with the rudder not responding while taxing...
Old 05-30-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZG_Con View Post
SO how did the real pilots get to take off and into position on runway ...or taxi ...ive had this problem too ...with the rudder not responding while taxing...
Use brakes when taxing, there is no differential brakes on hurri or spit, then press and hold B same time when using rudder and throttle
Old 05-30-2011, 12:36 PM

Hello folks!
By reading lots of posts since I removed CoD from my computer, I would say the sim is still in "beta" and there are quite a lot of Issues to be ironed out?

Am I right, or is it time to install CoD again and have fun?

Greetings
Old 05-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

you can test it how it works for you with latest patches. So install it. If there are still too much bugs for you.....remove it. After a new patch you can install it again to test it. When.....you can remove it again. After.....you can install it.....remove......install....remove.....

Or let it still on your harddisc......and test the patch status from time to time....only a tip
Eheim 1250
Toyota Radiator
XP Home 32bit & Win7 64bit
Crucial SSD C300 64GB
TrackIR 3 Pro
Hotas Cougar + 18cm Extension
+Hall Sensors
Old 05-30-2011, 10:05 PM

Default Forrest is the performance killer

Dear gentz
i made today again tests regarding my FPS, as i overclocked my core.

I clocked my 920 from 3.01 to 3.99Ghz.
At 3.01 i had 32max fps (all middle,not noticing stutters as i wasnt really able to fly over land, or had other problems in performance)
At 3.99mhz my FPS was throughout 60fps (vsync on),but i noticed stutters on land, as soon as trees came into my sight.
I then lowered wood from high to middle -> still stutters (60fps)!
I then lowered wood from middle to off ->no stutters (60fps)!

I can fly over London or LeHavre without any stutters or FPS drops (buildings on unlimited).
In my opinion the trees causing the problems atm regarding perfomance.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Fooker View Post
Dear gentz
i made today again tests regarding my FPS, as i overclocked my core.

I clocked my 920 from 3.01 to 3.99Ghz.
At 3.01 i had 32max fps (all middle,not noticing stutters as i wasnt really able to fly over land, or had other problems in performance)
At 3.99mhz my FPS was throughout 60fps (vsync on),but i noticed stutters on land, as soon as trees came into my sight.
I then lowered wood from high to middle -> still stutters (60fps)!
I then lowered wood from middle to off ->no stutters (60fps)!

I can fly over London or LeHavre without any stutters or FPS drops (buildings on unlimited).
In my opinion the trees causing the problems atm regarding perfomance.
Try leaving the trees, but turning off mirrors and shadows. These made a huge difference for me.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:42 PM

To be honest i am not interested in flying a bugged game like Cod atm is.
I am interested to get the bugs solved ,for hopefully being able to get a enjoyable Sim in 6 + months, and so i post several results of my tests with different settings.
I know my system, so i know how to gain fps or not.FPS are not the problem.
I am flying with around 70-100fps without Vsync...but i am flying with Vsync enabled, so the max i can get is 60fps only of course.

My post just pointed to the fact that most performance issues are in those ugly geo-lod trees.
With performance issue i do not mean any FPS drops, but m-i-c-r-o stutters, as soon as i point my view on forests.
As soon as my sight moves off, the stutters getting less.
As soon as forest is off no stutters are present anymore.

I7-920@3.99Ghz;6gig Ram;HD5870;maximum penis enlargement @ 24cm with liquid cooling each night;3x women (1xblack;1xcaucasian;1xred/blue striped);1 BMW X5;2xLamborghini Aventador LP700;1 Astin Martin Rapide;1xBoston Whaler @3x450ps;OCZ 2.5 SSD 250GB

Last edited by Ivan Fooker; 05-30-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZG_Con View Post
I don't fly the 109 much but I get it to steer, just, with brakes and some brief fistfuls of boost to make the rudder effective.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Closed Thread