1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Hey all,

I've not been around in an age - wow, five years - but just logged on to see this mod in development.

I notice that version 1.12 is ideally required to play this - I assume that's the latest version of the game. However, I was wondering if this mod worked with the GoG version, which has a separate version numbering scheme of course. I wondered if the replacement .exe would play nice with a (potentially) different file structure, depending on what the GoG guys actually changed.

Cheers,

Scoob.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

After an unexpected encounter autosave the pirates mercenary and Ternie disaper from system and I did this with a new profile.

Last edited by SARFAX; 06-02-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:44 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

thats extremely odd.

I think I need a savefile before you entered ahilles to solve this one.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

If I take Heretic's offer it works but the FTU's SOS does not trigger.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quicksave-5.zip (675.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-06-2017, 02:11 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Hey all,

I've not been around in an age - wow, five years - but just logged on to see this mod in development.

I notice that version 1.12 is ideally required to play this - I assume that's the latest version of the game. However, I was wondering if this mod worked with the GoG version, which has a separate version numbering scheme of course. I wondered if the replacement .exe would play nice with a (potentially) different file structure, depending on what the GoG guys actually changed.

Cheers,

Scoob.
The GoG Team doesn't change that much of the game structure IIRC.
Aslong you use the new exe you should be good to go.

If you encounter any problems while installing let me know ASAP.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:22 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

HOTFIX #11 RELEASED

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sw3exp/dow...-rc3-hotfix-11

[ Changelog ]
-Fixed story bug Reported by SARFAX
-Some minor missing files referencing enginefx pfx files.

Last edited by nocalora29; 06-06-2017 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post
The GoG Team doesn't change that much of the game structure IIRC.
Aslong you use the new exe you should be good to go.

If you encounter any problems while installing let me know ASAP.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Ok, GoG version of game installed & backed-up, just in case. Main mod and Hotfix applied.

Game Launched and settings tweaked, currently just sat watching the action on the menu screen

Update:

Early-game playing very well, it's been a while (more than a while!) since I last played, but the starting area feels much more alive. Through luck, I've gained quite a lot of loot and could potentially buy a ship if I sold it all, however, I'm hesitant in case I break the plot. I recall said plot gives me a larger vessel at some point as a loan, but events lead to me keeping it...

I've progressed a little, I now have the Pirate Mastiff Mothership. I do have a query however, my Mastiff's shields don't recharge at all, so I've taken a lot of hull damage over a couple of minor skirmishes. This makes life a little harder, but not insurmountable.

Additional feedback: I'm unable to repair the Mastiff at Maintenance Stations. I select the "Repair" option, but get told that I need to keep still, and the repair cancels. Lack of shield recharge and no repairs is a problem! Note: sometimes the repairs start but are cancelled, other times they don't start. I do not appear to have control of my ship to hit "S" to stop it. The Dock menus appears before the ship has completed its approach to the station, maybe this is why the game think the ship is moving? I'll keep trying...

Right, when the repair doesn't even start, I cannot even dock at the Station again, I reload to try again. If however the repair does start - which seems pot luck - and I exit the menu and repeatedly press "S" to stop, it will sometimes cancel the repair part way - but ALL money is taken - or it'll complete. Over several attempts I have managed to repair my ship, but it's very hit or miss.

I just noticed that after a successful repair - albeit one I was charged twice for - my shields are now recharging!

Hope my feedback is of use, I confess to not having read this entire thread, so apologies if I'm repeating what others have already said.

Scoob.

Last edited by Scoob; 06-11-2017 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06-12-2017, 04:47 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

@Scoop: The thing with the repair should be easily fixed, Im gonna do so right away and get Hotfix #12 up and running.

You should be OK changing Motherships after you get the Astarte with proper license plates. after that you can change motherships until you get to a point where you can get a new mothership from some mercenaries which have taken over a system IIRC. Thats the only spot which I wouldn't call "safe" from now on. Although I have had made many fixes in the past I don't know the current status of that place.

Oh and yeah, feedback like this is absolutely of use. Thanks for telling me.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post
@Scoop: The thing with the repair should be easily fixed, Im gonna do so right away and get Hotfix #12 up and running.

You should be OK changing Motherships after you get the Astarte with proper license plates. after that you can change motherships until you get to a point where you can get a new mothership from some mercenaries which have taken over a system IIRC. Thats the only spot which I wouldn't call "safe" from now on. Although I have had made many fixes in the past I don't know the current status of that place.

Oh and yeah, feedback like this is absolutely of use. Thanks for telling me.
Cool, good stuff

Ah, I do dimly recall there being another mission where you can get a better Mother ship - I believe that's optional though? I have a faint recollection of refusing the new ship one time, as I'd already upgraded.

One thing I will say, using the GoG version as my base game, I've had zero crashes or freezes thus far, and am using the sw3cwEXP.x64.exe. I might switch to the x8Fix.exe - which I assume is also LAA - for more consistent 8x behaviour.

For the record, in case it has any value, here are my basic system specs:

2600k @ 4.4ghz
GTX 1070
32gb DDR3 1600
2x 500gb Samsung 850 EVO's in RAID0
W10 Pro

Playing at 1920x1200.

Scoob.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:36 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

8xFix sadly isn't LAA. I can debug the x64 to also include the 8xFix of course.
It will be included in Hotfix #12.

I smiled a bit because of the 32GB Ram, but then I reminded myself that I also have 32GB RAM, but DDR4 in this case
But damn, your PC is a powerhouse. lovin it.