1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniël View Post
Would it be possible to show some night pictures to us? I can't remember that we have seen in night pictures previous updates.
apart from this one at the beginning of the thread I can't remember any.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
apart from this one at the beginning of the thread I can't remember any.
I meant actually outside of the aircraft. For example the results of German bombings on London. A burning city from the air at night.

If you are insecure: use more bullets.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Does anyone really still think Ubisoft would be publisher? I still thought so in 2007 ... but given their total lack of involvement in 2010 I don't think so
Where did you read they wouldn't be anymore?
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Where did you read they wouldn't be anymore?
Are you here implying something?

*runsfaraway*
Old 09-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

I would be very surprised if 1C were not the publisher

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 09-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Looking for some old files of video (I can't at the moment to make new) I think it is possble to post some cuts tomorrow, but only if you all will understand that it is old middle of summer videos, when not all things were implemented (not all effects, present bugs, etc).
I simply have no ability to make real adv videos currently... we are busy with bugs removing, reworking some effects, etc... Say with polishing of product. That is really great work due to greatest complexity of the code (Just for example: for the aircaft we calculate now from 350 to 500+ single parameters, that need to be calculated simultaniosly almost all the time of flight for each airctaft doesn't matter is it AI or controlled by player. And it is if not speaking about any other parts of code....). So I simply can't ask my guys to compile specially the version just for friday update.... and especially without network....

Ok, I will think and see is it possible or not.
Nothing promised....
The bold part is better than an actual update for me. With that many parameters for each aircraft, imagine the detail of the FM/DM.

Mr. Maddox is right, i know i want to see something new in the update but if they are tweaking an updated version it's lost coding time to compile the code just to snap a few screenshots.
Don't get me wrong, i'd very much want to see some new screenshots or even a slightly longer video with actual ingame sounds but i understand it might not be possible.
If you think about it, it's better in the long run if they keep fixing bugs instead of having to stop for 5-10 hours to compile, run the software and snap a few pictures. That's 5-10 hours that SoW could be finished earlier

However, there is still a way to have a Friday update without screenshots and without video.
I think a good idea would be if Oleg and/or Luthier gave us some developer commentary detailing certain features of the sim. Or for example, describing how a mission plays out in technical terms, from spawning in the hangar to landing and touch down.

I think this would give people a far broader understanding of what to expect in terms of gameplay. A single post with a play-through narrative of a mission would be awesome, sort of a mini-review. Of course, not all features could be talked about if they are not sure about including them, but it would still be good enough to get an idea of how things in SoW happen. We know the graphics are up to the job, we've been told the sounds will be improved, the single thing we don't know is how the gameplay is going to be. That's why people want to see videos, to see actual gameplay. Since we can't have videos, describing it is just as good and even better sometimes, as in videos you might miss something that you wouldn't miss when reading an article that explicitly points it out.

If you have the time for it, i'd be happy if you think about my suggestion for a small commentary this Friday. Keep up the good work and thank you for keeping us informed
Old 09-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for answering all these questions Oleg. Screw the Friday update, a Q&A session with you is much more fun IMHO (unless the two can be combined).
But your main aim is to work on setting up in your new location, so I think we could easily miss an update this Friday if we were patient enough for a video next week or the week after

Oleg, will there be bailout problems? I ask as the Defiant is modelled in the game, the rear gunners had specific difficulty in bailing out.
Also Oleg, the Defiant gunners wore a special type of suit known as GQ parasuit (GQ as in the brand which had contracts with the AM) and this suit contained the life jacket and the parachute. It was made specially for the gunners so that they could fit through the small opening to the turret, but in many cases the use of the suit wasn't neccessary, as on bailout the turret was a bitch to open (to put it politely).
I can send you references for this suit if you want Oleg.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
I would be very surprised if 1C were not the publisher
exactly my thought
Old 09-30-2010, 02:40 PM

Thank you very much for answering questions and all the information we get, Oleg. We do apreciate it much!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
(...) for the aircaft we calculate now from 350 to 500+ single parameters, that need to be calculated simultaniosly almost all the time of flight for each airctaft doesn't matter is it AI or controlled by player. And it is if not speaking about any other parts of code....)
Dear Oleg, just to understand better, how many parameters did IL2 1946 calculate simultaneously?