1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:09 AM

Default Clickable cockpit question:

I was clicking around the cockpit the other day, familarizing myself with the whereabouts of the controls and such...

Where the hells the ignition switch..?

LOL, I can do everything except turn the key..

Mike
Old 09-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Approved Member

Yes, it´s weird but the ignition itself needs to be done pressing "I" key (default) or the key you have configured in your control setup.

I don´t know why they had not made the ignition switch clickable. In some planes are that two peculiar buttons one next to another (I´m sure you know if you already has looked for it as myself did). In 109 are the taps behind thruster.

Last edited by Ailantd; 09-14-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:26 AM

Did you try holding your mouse in the air in front of you and twisting it clock-wise?
Old 09-14-2011, 02:35 AM

I think this would be great to add though.

Scott has done it well in all of his Accusim planes for FSX.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post
Did you try holding your mouse in the air in front of you and twisting it clock-wise?
Woah I thought you were joking I didn't know that! Sweet!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
I think this would be great to add though.

Scott has done it well in all of his Accusim planes for FSX.
exactly
next P51
Old 09-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post
I just did that, but it must be mapped wrong. My rigger came running over with a cup of tea.
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:43 PM

Everything up to the start-up is modeled, but the ignition itself is semi-automatic because these planes used all kinds of different starters to get the motor going: we'd end up with controls that would either have to be mapped specifically for just a couple of flyable aircraft, or having them only be usable via the mouse (which is not a big deal for something you do once at the start of each mission in my humble opinion, but many people dislike using click-pits).

Just as an example, to get the 109 running you'd have to do everything you already do plus on top of that:
1) Open your canopy or side window so your ground crew can listen to you
2) Tell your ground crew to spin up the starter.
3) Wait while they spin it up (the guy in black overalls standing on the wing and turning a hand-crank that's attached to the cowling like mad that we see in so many wartime videos? he's just spooling up the inertial starter)
4) Once they signal you or you judge by sound that the starter is going fast enough, engage the starter to the motor by pressing the relevant clutch controls.
5) Rinse and repeat if the start fails due to low temperature.

I'm all fine with it, but the complaining would reach epic proportions if something like that was modeled for CoD

So, we just press I and the sim simulates the sequence automatically,especially in the new beta patch startups take longer to complete now that we can hear the starter spooling up with the new sounds.

In other aircraft it's even more complex, for example the priming pumps and starter magneto switches for the Blenheim are actually on the outside of the engine cowlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Only bad things will be commented. Good things are expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
War is usually the massacre of young people that don't know each other for the sake of old people who don't fight and know each other.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 AM

I bumped this thread because im having trouble with the clickable cockpit. I just got the game today so im on a steep learning curve. Anyway, I see the little hand over the cockpit switches but I cant move or interact with them. Also Im not in the F10 freelook mode, im in the mode where u can see the tiny hand highlight switches. What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-03-2012, 04:41 AM

SDDREW I am not sure but you might have to have CEM(complex engine management) checked in your realism settings.