1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
The CTD issue comes from the "old" gfx engine ... writing a new one wasn't done because the MG coders were bored or didn't like the writing style of the previous one.

EDIT: I hope they understand now, BlackSix. You could hardly be any clearer.
Well, to be fair, they re-wrote the graphics engine mostly because of the performance problems and other weird hick-ups of the old one.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Sounds good to me but I hope they've included a CTD fix also, otherwise it'll be pretty useless. Think I read somewhere that the CTD problem was with the old graphics engine so by totally rewriting it the CTD problem would disappear per default...I think I read somewhere.
Yes you are correct. It has been stated several times now that the new graphics engine effectively removes the code that was causing the CTD. Of course there may yet be other undiscovered issues in the new graphics beta which is why its a beta, and why they have painstakingly been working on it.

It shouldnt be forgotten that the engine will no doubt also require a number of adjustments to other areas of code in the game, like for example the last minute hitch they discovered with roundels etc that they talked about last week. This means they have to tweak other areas of the game before releasing what we perceive as "just" a beta graphics patch.

Please be patient we are all waiting anxiously and it should be worth the wait!
i7 3930K @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver WB - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4way SLI 3GB GTX 580 Aquagrafx WB - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM fans & shrouds - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD Nv Surround
Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
The way I read it the current plans for the Beta patch are focused on and limited to field-testing the new graphics engine. In itself that is a major issue and deserves and needs careful testing. This is supposed to be the solution of one of the fundamental problems of the game, after all.
yes, i agree that is a good way to proceed

but i really hope they have been identifying and resolving the other big problems in this important "major bug list" just provided, and have finished work on what is needed to include the elements that are missing (for ex coop functions). if instead all their other folks have been working on BoM aspects, that would be a major problem for all of us, we simply cant be expected to wait that long (or not have BoB omissions and problems fixed) !
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 03-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
No other fixes in first BETA
So you mean that first beta for graphic performacne fixes and official patch (or final) will include also other fixes ( FM, DM etc)?

I think people ( inculded me) are little confused about these things.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:58 AM

Suddenly I'm not interested in the beta patch anymore. I'll have to wait for the retail patch then.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
Suddenly I'm not interested in the beta patch anymore. I'll have to wait for the retail patch then.
Well graphic and performacne patch is the same important like other fixes ( FM, DM, AI etc) to get full potential from these game.

So i could wait a little more for all these fixes ( if they will be fairly done) but i really dont want to wait another few months.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM

What the final patch will entail only time will tell ... I would, however, not assume or expect too much as the potential for disappointment would be too great. Either way we won't read about details until the final patch readme is out ... Before all we could do is speculate and that's a waste of time and braincells.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
No other fixes in first BETA
BlackSix, I realise we are like hungry dogs thrown a piece of meat and tearing it apart...but this could mean that there will be several beta patches preceding the official Steam update?

Beta 1 - graphics engine only
testing and corrections

Beta 2 - incorporating other work - sounds, FM tweaks, etc
testing and corrections

Official Steam update

6 months work - so it could be a MEGA patch. If so understandable they would want to introduce and test features separately

Sorry Thor, but I have plenty of time to waste - not too sure about the brain cells though...

Last edited by kendo65; 03-02-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
What the final patch will entail only time will tell ... I would, however, not assume or expect too much as the potential for disappointment would be too great. Either way we won't read about details until the final patch readme is out ... Before all we could do is speculate and that's a waste of time and braincells.
Agree! I'm quite happy with what we know actually, substantial performance increase in a soon to be released beta patch, good enough for me.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:14 PM

Without working AI and radios, I don't see mayself flyin CloD anymore, performance boost or not. It's just boring for me as an offliner and coop player.
Closed Thread