1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 05-06-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoss View Post
-Better and faster calculations for productions processes,
-lesser calculation errors ( Nasa lost a Mars probe through recalculation from metric to inch(or otherwise, can't remember))
-cheaper production through gaining more producers of standart parts, also then they are closer (EU)
-better measurement system for tiny sizes (0,5625" on a digital calliper = 9/16" on an analog one(which I prefer by inch) [14,2875mm in metric] which also reduces calculation errors
-improves the possibility of slight repairs on the market( you don't have to order inch parts from far away when you are in a metric country = selling point)

Do you need more?
Calculation errors: they're done in inches, cm or cubits, it doesn't matter what unit you use if you're a poor mathematician.

Cheaper production: I'm sure you've heard of a place called USA and their massive industrial production (which is also convenient to buy cos we kick ass at exchange rate atm)

Precision measurement is called micrometric for a reason.. they're already done in mm and subunits.

Same as above re. USA.

Your points are not valid I'm afraid (hey look at me defending the imperial system! Where are all the "Stern is anti-British" whiners?! )
Old 05-06-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
Calculation errors: they're done in inches, cm or cubits, it doesn't matter what unit you use if you're a poor mathematician.
What I meant is, that it would reduce the calculation errors by using the same system ( if it's imperial or metric doesn't matter at that point.)

Quote:
Cheaper production: I'm sure you've heard of a place called USA and their massive industrial production (which is also convenient to buy cos we kick ass at exchange rate atm)
But what you also have to pay is transportation. And it's cheaper to by from close than from far away when you have rising fuel costs. And even the US produce or let produce more and more in China.

Quote:
Precision measurement is called micrometric for a reason.. they're already done in mm and subunits.
I learned something new to me, thanks.

Quote:
Your points are not valid I'm afraid (hey look at me defending the imperial system! Where are all the "Stern is anti-British" whiners?! )
In aircraft production and flying procedures they will keep the imperial system as a standart, because most of them are build in imperial.
And I never said that you have to change all to metric.

But global standard is International System of Units which bases on metric.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

just because it sounds bigger in cm....

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 05-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

I used to work for Airbus. Bolts and hole sizes are Imperial but skin thickness and other dimensions are Metric.
<a href=http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2954&dateline=1314366190 target=_blank>http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2954&dateline=1314366  190 Salute Jim (Blairgowrie) http://dangerdogz.com
Old 05-06-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Try being British....you get to see threads full of this anti british crap all the time.
Aye, its "En Vogue" these days isn't it, strike a pose theres nothing to it.

Tsk Tsk, those EVIL nasty Brits....Who in fact HEROICALLY SACRIFICED EVERYTHING so that the World could be free. Yes, everything...Empire and all. Bankrupt, (not that money matters, we were making a Point)

If any one wants to understand what we are are all about, then listen to this beautiful rendition of the Poem "Ulysses" by Alfred Lord Tennyson.

Obstinate, Defiant, Bullish and English by the Grace of God.

I am become a Name.

A name of which I am Eternally Proud.

Get over it.

*Hehehe*

Gaffer, I thank thee.

Last edited by RCAF_FB_Orville; 05-06-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 PM

Old 05-06-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoss View Post
What I meant is, that it would reduce the calculation errors by using the same system ( if it's imperial or metric doesn't matter at that point.)
Well Airbus used imperial fasteners and holes and metric measuring for aircraft panels for instance. The two metrics can live together, I don't really see how this can be an issue, again you need competent engineers..

Quote:
But what you also have to pay is transportation. And it's cheaper to by from close than from far away when you have rising fuel costs. And even the US produce or let produce more and more in China.
I think you answered yourself there. Transportation costs are a non-issue when you buy in bulk.

Quote:
In aircraft production and flying procedures they will keep the imperial system as a standart, because most of them are build in imperial.
And I never said that you have to change all to metric.

But global standard is International System of Units which bases on metric.
Again, there are countless examples of effective co-existence between metric and imperial: the Concorde is another good example me thinks.

If anything sticking to imperial could guarantee the safeguard of engineering origins.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
Nessun Dorma, Stern. Gan have a lie doon.

He admitted that he likes Black Pudding, though.

Why so much hate? Why are you persecuting us, Alessandro? (LOL!)

OMFG, its.....an Italian. He's a Nazi one day, yet he changes his mind, mid way? (Circa WWII) At least have the Courage of your Convictions and make yer mind up, ffs.

Stern is a Lone Wulf. He wears Lufftwaffle watches, pretending to be a Lufftlwaffle Teuton Knight, in his Lufftwaffle fantasy world.

Long may it continue. Long may we Lulz.

He admitted that he likes Black Pudding, though.

Why so much hate? Why are you persecuting us, Alessandro? (LOL!)

OMFG, its.....an Italian. He's a Nazi one day, yet he changes his mind, mid way? (Circa WWII) At least have the Courage of your Convictions and make yer mind up, ffs.

Stern is a Lone Wulf. He wears Lufftwaffle watches, pretending to be a Lufftlwaffle Teuton Knight, in his Lufftwaffle fantasy world.

Long may it continue. Long may we Lulz.

Last edited by RCAF_FB_Orville; 05-06-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:34 PM

you and your clique have some serious self-acceptance issues I'm afraid.

What can I say? I'm sorry if I'm better than you (as you probably know, since you love stalking me), but can I be blamed for it?

Get over yourself buddy, and stop picking any occasion to make personal attacks (which are forbidden by the forum rules, remember?), you and your friends are starting to turn from sad to creepy

P.S.
What is your post supposed to mean exactly anyway?!

Last edited by Sternjaeger II; 05-06-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:04 PM

Now heres a thread worth pushing F5 on...