1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2017, 09:00 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

I think the ru localization is the problem here.
The Localization files are tied to the exe, and I did not find a proper changing method yet. So you would need the Complete English LocData specifically, plus a slightly changed default.cfg file.

I can supply you with both of these, gimme some minutes.

EDIT: Here you go: https://openload.co/f/cZ1xReolgYI/SW...h.LangPatch.7z
Just install this first, and then re-do the installation for the expansion mod. This should work.

If it still somehow doesn't, I would have to do some more research about what files are affected by language.

Last edited by nocalora29; 07-23-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Oh you can edit titles...

Localization is definitely the problem, i just installed eng version, and it worked... (not the thing you gave, entirely other installation)

Just want to point out, russian translations were/are stored in English folder, lines are just replaced (kinda weird)
Old 07-23-2017, 10:36 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Its not only in the LocData folder, theres also some russian related stuff in the TEXTURE\Interface and \GUI Folders.

But im glad you got it working on your end.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:51 PM
Oh you can edit titles...

After a bit of investigation, the problem is in .loc files. I just replaced couple words with translations and it didnt crash.

Seems like the problem is in FILETYPE headers. Standart works fine, but when locations with DYNAMIC pop in, thats where the apocalypse begins. I could manually change for myself, but... the strings are encoded... And google doesnt tell how to decode it...
Old 07-23-2017, 10:56 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Star Wolves Devs used a Custom made Encryption tool to protect the localizaton made by their Translator team.

I have made an experimental little tool to decrypt the text with help of the Encryption key hidden in the game exe, but it still isn't capable of successfuly decrypting the text as of yet.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Hey, I've been really enjoying this mod so far, but selecting the "scrap contract" option in the system retake contract causes my game to crash. FTU contracts seem to be cancelling properly, but this one doesn't. Can anything be done to fix this?

ScrapDynMission_SystemRetake_Patrol

[EXCEPTION] 0x0040a95b EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.)
[EXCEPTION] [INFO] Memory Usage = 186.757813 Mb
[EXCEPTION] [INFO] heapchk return = -2 HEAP Ok
Old 07-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

some new jokes:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lodka-01.jpg (94.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Lion-Hangar1.jpg (98.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-27-2017, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

and next two
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cargo-01.jpg (96.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Cargo-02.jpg (93.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

Bob_elb wrote: "I noticed there is a new ship used mainly by patrol units - Elephant. How to obtain it? "

you can add it by script or it probably will appears in shop, when progress of game will be adequate.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:26 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Oh I didn't notice that message from Bob_elb. I wonder if it was hidden due to 1C's Spam prevention

Actually the only way to get one is to wait in a System for a Caravan to spawn in. Only they can sell them at the time.

@ALL: IF YOU ARE A NEWLY REGISTERED USER, YOUR MESSAGES ARE HIDDEN!. YOU EITHER HAVE TO PM ME OR CONTACT ME ON STEAM