1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-11-2009, 12:44 PM
SleepTrgt SleepTrgt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 339
Default

My problem with trim is: once i use it, my plane doesent feel ballanced anymore, cant seem to get it right
Is there a way to reset the trim? it is really confusing me.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
H Lecter H Lecter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Austria
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTrgt View Post
My problem with trim is: once i use it, my plane doesent feel ballanced anymore, cant seem to get it right
Is there a way to reset the trim? it is really confusing me.
I think there's no possibility to reset it. I hardly ever manage to get the plane into a level flight due to deadzone issues, but I'm already satisfied when I manage to reduce its tendency to move out of line. Slowly increase pressure on the joystick without making the nose turn into the other direction and repeat the process as often as necessary.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
SleepTrgt SleepTrgt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 339
Default

Ye, but i find my plane good enough stable right at the start.
Once i press the trim button (wich i did by accident last night) the fun starts and i have a much harder time controlling my plane.
Also having that deadzone issiue, im wondering if its less with the hori!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 PM
H Lecter H Lecter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Austria
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTrgt View Post
Ye, but i find my plane good enough stable right at the start.
Really? Usually the nose drops and I'm banking to the left when I start.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-11-2009, 01:25 PM
SleepTrgt SleepTrgt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 339
Default

it slowly banks to the left and nose points up a bit. but i hardly go into WEP maybe thats it.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-11-2009, 04:18 PM
juz1 juz1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: No more team deathmatch, EVER!
Posts: 526
Default

with the voice telling me "let go" I totally didn't bother with trim and got an 8 kill tally on sim Dover...nothing special but my best yet...

if you have a stick- forget trim...if you are going to survive you really don't want to be flying in a straight line too long anyway....

use the force.....let go....forget trim...
________
Honda Nsr Series Specifications

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-11-2009, 04:34 PM
H Lecter H Lecter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Austria
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juz1 View Post
with the voice telling me "let go" I totally didn't bother with trim and got an 8 kill tally on sim Dover...nothing special but my best yet...

if you have a stick- forget trim...if you are going to survive you really don't want to be flying in a straight line too long anyway....

use the force.....let go....forget trim...
I like to fix the trim before meeting the bombers - at least marginally. Fighting against the enemy and my own plane never gave me good results.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Omykron Omykron is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 17
Default

The following tips are from my experience of private pilot in real world, and you can expect to use then in IL-2 game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Just to list a couple of things that affect changing trim as you land,

Speed: As you slow down, the planes trim shifts forward, making the plane nose heavy.
the total trim amount necessary to keep a straight flight reduces as the speed increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Power: The prop on a Merlin powered plane such as the Mustang or Spitfire rotates to the right, which makes the plane rotate slightly to the left. As you throttle down the amount of rotation to the left reduces, so if the plane is trimmed to fly straight at full throttle it will start rotating right as the power is reduced.
the prop blade descending generates more thrust than the prop blade that is climbing. If your propeller has a clockwise rotation (inside the cockpit, behind the propeller), the torque effect of the blade will generate more lift in the right side of the propeller, generating a yaw momentum to the left.

In take-off and landing procedures, don't focus too much in trimming (only use it to keep the climb attitude and the cruise attitude). In descend for land, try to keep constant speed and vertical path to not come too hot (high speed) and too high in the approach. If you are too hot and too high, go around and proceed to another approach.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Wehrwulf Wehrwulf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon, or Texas, whichever you prefer to call it
Posts: 41
Default

Sorry I'm a little slow, but back to trimming on the aviator, (I'm aware of the post that says forget trim with a stick, but I would like to know if it's possible) the A button seems to be the trigger, and I can't be sure if it's helping at all because I am away from home.(and my xbox) So what I'm getting out of the other explanations is you level the plane and then click the A button to trim. Makes sense, but again, the A button on the aviator is the trigger. So is that correct? Thanks in adavance.
P.S. Anyone have any tips/mods for fixing the deadzone on the throttle?(any more than 3/4 forward on the throttle is WEP)

Last edited by Wehrwulf; 08-11-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-11-2009, 07:59 PM
H Lecter H Lecter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Austria
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehrwulf View Post
Sorry I'm a little slow, but back to trimming on the aviator, (I'm aware of the post that says forget trim with a stick, but I would like to know if it's possible) the A button seems to be the trigger, and I can't be sure if it's helping at all because I am away from home.(and my xbox) So what I'm getting out of the other explanations is you level the plane and then click the A button to trim. Makes sense, but again, the A button on the aviator is the trigger. So is that correct? Thanks in adavance.
P.S. Anyone have any tips/mods for fixing the deadzone on the throttle?(any more than 3/4 forward on the throttle is WEP)
It's RB on the AV8R.

But with the deadzone you'll have to live - on the throttle and on the stick itself.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.