1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:54 AM

I will try one last time - but i'm wasting time.

I have a desktop computer which plays many brand new high end games (my sons) just fine. The problem is not my computer.... it is this game. It is a half baked piece of poo. I should not have to do anything - it should work right?

The community I knew over ten years ago that surrounded the IL2 game is gone. We are left with fan boys for a poop game. goodbye
Old 06-27-2012, 05:07 AM

I stop by now and then, but summer offers more fun and sun than here..thankfully
Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter2112 View Post

I have a desktop computer which plays many brand new high end games (my sons) just fine. The problem is not my computer.... it is this game. It is a half baked piece of poo. I should not have to do anything - it should work right?

The community I knew over ten years ago that surrounded the IL2 game is gone. We are left with fan boys for a poop game. goodbye

Can I have your stuff?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:

You are acting like a half-wit, stop it please. As you may know, I have my fair share of complaints about this simulator but still I have an AMD X2 260, 4gb ram and an extremely modest HD6670... yet I can still play it fine, with perfectly playable frame rates. I just turn the graphics options down some. Who cares? The elephant in the room is the plethora of gameplay issues with this software... most obviously the AI, flight models, multiplayer performance and crashes. Oh, did I mention AI? Graphics shortfalls are easily worked around with or ignored for the time being.

Last edited by trademe900; 06-27-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

There is a huge difference between the release of the original series and the new series. The first series was a far less complex sim, and the first sequel including the game engine was released basicly finished. The second far more complex series was forced out the door before the game engine was working properly. So it should be quite obvious to everyone the game will be poop until its finished. The question is, can it be finished? As long as the bean counters allow them to work on the development there is still hope. Although I fear the funds may soon be cut, unless this patch fixes the stability and fps issues.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:

I can see you have no intention of co-operating and providing the information so we can help you to assess whether in fact your system is capable of running the game or not and what you might do to improve things. So I suggest you take your complaints and trolling else where. We offered to help you and treat us with this? You my friend are wasting our time.
i7 3930K @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver WB - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4way SLI 3GB GTX 580 Aquagrafx WB - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM fans & shrouds - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD Nv Surround

Last edited by FS~Phat; 06-27-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:01 AM

Post ... your question ...

How are things going ... ?

It depends on what you like.

If you want to enjoy a flightsim and if you want to fly and fight, I´d strongly recommend you "Rise of Flight".

If you rather want to theorize for ages, I´d recommend this forum where you can read never flagging fanboy drivel about never coming patches and improvements time and time again, ...

It´s all up to you, ...

Last edited by Pluto; 06-27-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 AM

S!

Only thing that makes me start CoD these days, occasionally, are the Desastersoft campaigns. Online is the same old air quake over certain spots etc. I parked the planes and wandered off to Chernarus for time being, shall see when CoD is flyable and worth playing
Old 06-27-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Only thing that makes me start CoD these days, occasionally, are the Desastersoft campaigns. Online is the same old air quake over certain spots etc. I parked the planes and wandered off to Chernarus for time being, shall see when CoD is flyable and worth playing
Same here, the Chernarus bit. You playing DayZ then?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 PM

S!

Oh yes DayZ trumped all other "scripted pipe runs" just like that. Who wants to play against Advanced Idiocy aka AI in a pre-planned and canned mission when there are real people hunting you and/or zeds Zeds are quite well done, even they can hit thru walls etc. but you actually need to plan the route and distract them elsewhere, with empty cans for example, and then proceed to loot And you die = lose stuff

Sure because it is Alpha there are loads of bugs and exploits and now increasingly hackers, but on a good server the game offers damn nice feeling and atmosphere sneaking around in hope of finding something usefull and some ammo for guns etc. Playing with friends teaming up is fun, avoiding bandits and other players, more a challenge to stay hidden than just go to certain places where you can expect a bullet snap in your head by a camping sniper with all the dingles

So yes..DayZ for me. It has potential and even now with all the bugs and whatnot offers a lot in proper doses Name is the same as here but I play on Hardcore servers without tags or sights or 3rd person..TrackIR has been a handy thing there And using iron sights, trying to estimate range is mucho fun I likey!