1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 AM

Not really at any point, and i think it's not the most clever move to call it that.. just really shows how much you actually know Besides it was the original fallout developers plan to move it to real time anyways.. so i can't see a problem with that, what is important is the world, the mood.. not whether it is turn based or not.. that doesn't strike me as an important aspect of fallout like.. let's say HoMM.

In any case let's not begin arguing over fallout 3, we are here to discuss kings bounty and how great it is
Old 09-23-2008, 08:59 AM

fyi you can download it from Gamers Gate now. My download has 53mins to go!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman654 View Post
fyi you can download it from Gamers Gate now. My download has 53mins to go!
Bman, Dane is like me we want the tangible hard disk in or hands...Makes us feel like we own something....I have had experiences with companys that don't support the digital download like they do the Retail Hard disk copy.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:30 PM

I understand. I personally like digital downloads so I don't worry about lost discs or cd-keys. But I know many like you that want that box in their hands.

Of the download services, I think GamersGate is one of the best and least intrusive. It's been my experience they are very good with patches.

D2D - I won't ever use. They are *very* bad about timely patches.
Steam - I do not like the intrusiveness of it, but it does work fairly well so I use it.
Impulse - I used it for SR2:Reboot. Still rough around the edges but appears to be comparable to GamersGate. Time will tell how they are with patch support.

I've not tried any others.