1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 PM

Yeah, you can buy a special spear that allows the hero to raise faster the amount or Rage in combat, and also gives the hero a +2 Attack Bonus. Or a great sword that gives a +5 Attack Bonus, too.

Regarding to the second question, no, the stats have no effect on the amount of damage that do the Rage Spirits. It seems that the amount of damage is only determined by the grade of development of the skill, nothing more.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 PM

The weapons you can buy are randomized each time, by the way. (So are a lot of units in "lairs", treasure, etc)
Old 09-23-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Buster View Post
Yeah, you can buy a special spear that allows the hero to raise faster the amount or Rage in combat, and also gives the hero a +2 Attack Bonus. Or a great sword that gives a +5 Attack Bonus, too.

Regarding to the second question, no, the stats have no effect on the amount of damage that do the Rage Spirits. It seems that the amount of damage is only determined by the grade of development of the skill, nothing more.
Yes, the power of rage spirits depends only on their level. The hero stats determine only the stats of the troops or the magic from the spellbook
Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawker View Post
The weapons you can buy are randomized each time, by the way. (So are a lot of units in "lairs", treasure, etc)
yeah ive never come across that sword, all i get is crappy items.

anyone agree the best unit to buy in the demo is the ancient bears? those things are brutes.

also does anyone know what % the demo map is compared to the full game? just to get an idea of how big the game world is..

oh yeah and in the full game can u capture points and garrison and have to manage cities like in say the HOMM games?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInABox View Post
also does anyone know what % the demo map is compared to the full game? just to get an idea of how big the game world is..

oh yeah and in the full game can u capture points and garrison and have to manage cities like in say the HOMM games?
Let's count)) As I understood the demo consists of only one location, and all the travel points are closed. In the humans lands there are four main locations, two on the pirates islands, 4 or 5 at the dwarves lands...don't remember the exact quantity, but there is not less than 20 large locations and a number of small, such as castles, caves and mouth of a giant fish

No, you can't manage the cities) Neither like in HOMM, nor like in SimCity The only thing you can do in the castles is hiring troops. Oh, and taking quests. There are several castle sieges, but the conquered castle will be managed by AI
Old 09-23-2008, 09:53 PM

yeah i know u can garrison troops so i thought they could be attacked etc. i didnt like HOMM anyway, got bored real quick playing that game.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInABox View Post
yeah i know u can garrison troops so i thought they could be attacked etc. i didnt like HOMM anyway, got bored real quick playing that game.
Agree) HOMM in my point of view is more hotseat-oriented. In KB you can spend your money on troops, artifacts and spells, no building, mine conquering and so on)