1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Patches

Patches Patches for RNR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Josue0716 Josue0716 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1
Arrow Patch Installation Problems.

Hi I download the 1.3 patch because I have the game in Russian and understand nothing, but I can not install the patch I get an error that says: "the setup has detected that no version of RigNRoll is installed, the update requieres a previous version of the game to be installed", not due to error and would like to know if the patch translates English game thanks in advance.

PS: sorry for the English but not speak much English so I am using a translator online.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Nike-it's Avatar
Nike-it Nike-it is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,390
Default

I wonder how you got the patch, if it's not yet released? And it doesn't translate the game into English.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
I wonder how you got the patch, if it's not yet released? And it doesn't translate the game into English.
I wonder if he means the HotFix? That's the same error I got, until I found out that Impulse comes with the HotFix already applied.
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 8.1 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-29-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Se7en Se7en is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Default

I think he means, when he try to install HotFix on Russian version, it reports it can't find the game, because RU is different from EN version!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2010, 08:10 AM
M76 M76 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 33
Default

It gives the following message:



Since there is no way to enter a destination directory, I can't do anything about it.

For the record the file I'm trying to install is rnr_en_update_setup3.0.1.0.exe

Whoever you were, who just bumped my post to the end of this thread. Instead you could have provided some help.

I didn't post the problem in this topic on purpose. Mainly because the problem is in not related to the problem already discussed in this topic, and I didn't want the problem to go unnoticed as a random follow up. Secondly the grammar in the topic title is flawed. This is supposed to be an official forum, so at least the topic titles should be correctly framed.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-06-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-21-2010, 02:26 PM
movo. movo. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
Whoever you were, who just bumped my post to the end of this thread. Instead you could have provided some help.

I didn't post the problem in this topic on purpose. Mainly because the problem is in not related to the problem already discussed in this topic, and I didn't want the problem to go unnoticed as a random follow up. Secondly the grammar in the topic title is flawed. This is supposed to be an official forum, so at least the topic titles should be correctly framed.
Maybe it's similiar to this:

Do you have the English version or the Russian version of the game?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-21-2010, 02:26 PM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
Whoever you were, who just bumped my post to the end of this thread. Instead you could have provided some help.

I didn't post the problem in this topic on purpose. Mainly because the problem is in not related to the problem already discussed in this topic, and I didn't want the problem to go unnoticed as a random follow up. Secondly the grammar in the topic title is flawed. This is supposed to be an official forum, so at least the topic titles should be correctly framed.
I have moved it to this section because, it's easily identifiable for ALL patch installation problems. It's not for any one particular problem as the thread title indicates. There is no need to create two threads with similar problem descriptions. I also didn't answer your question because I don't have one for you at the moment. Maybe someone else will be able to aid you. I'm also not going to go around correcting everyones grammar, or spelling. If it's suitable, I'll leave it alone as I do not wish to insult any member. If there are many complaints, or confusion then I will take the appropriate action. Please keep in mind that although this is an English forum for RnR, not everyone has command of the English language. So I tend to give a lot of leeway in this respect.

PS:
Certain English versions from sites such as Impulse, will not let you install the patch, and will show up as an error because, some of them have the patch built-in, and therefore is not required. I have also changed the title of this thread. I will not make it a habit though. If you have a grammar/spelling problem, please be considerate, and keep it to yourself, and not publicly humiliate the person. If the problem is serious enough, and creating a lot of confusion, then PM me, or another Mod., and we will correct it without hurting someones feelings.
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 8.1 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 06-21-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Additional Information.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-21-2010, 02:44 PM
kennyb87 kennyb87 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 120
Default

You can tell wich version you have when you get to the main menu on the bottom right its says your version
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2010, 02:49 PM
USA Trucker's Avatar
USA Trucker USA Trucker is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb87 View Post
You can tell wich version you have when you get to the main menu on the bottom right its says your version
Yes, but I was also guilty, going for the patch without looking at the game version on the screen. It's a common mistake made by many including myself, but thanks for your input.
__________________
If you bought it, a trucker brought it

System Specs:
Windows 8.1 64Bit
Intel Core i7-4960K CPU @4.0GHz 6 CPU's (12 Logical). 16GB DDR3 Ram.
NVidia GeForce GTX 980 PCE (1920x1200) Graphic Card, 4GB RAM. Updated NVidia GeFrorce GTX 980 Driver.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:02 PM
M76 M76 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
PS:
Certain English versions from sites such as Impulse, will not let you install the patch, and will show up as an error because, some of them have the patch built-in, and therefore is not required.
I have an off the self dvd version of the game. I've sworn never to buy any downloads again. Exactly because their support is limited, patches don't work, if I loose my password I loose the game, and loads of other problems that I wouldn't have with a retail version.
Quote:
I have also changed the title of this thread. I will not make it a habit though.
I only complained because clearly by moving my post into this thread you elected this to be a collection thread of patch installation problems, and in that case I think the topic title should be corrert.
Quote:
If you have a grammar/spelling problem, please be considerate, and keep it to yourself, and not publicly humiliate the person. If the problem is serious enough, and creating a lot of confusion, then PM me, or another Mod., and we will correct it without hurting someones feelings.
I don't think pointing out a grammar problem is about humiliation, I can't see why would anyone be humiliated by this. If noone ever tells you that you're doing something wrong, how could you realize it? Its the same behavior when you see somone struggling with something and instead of helping you just walk away. You're being inconsiderate if you say/do nothing. And this doesn't mean anyone should go around editing posts' grammar, but if you're already merging two topics why not fix the title?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Based on a design by: Miner Skinz.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.