1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 AM
Nike-it Nike-it is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,390
Default

One more review of Crossworlds.
Full article here: http://www.flashfloodmedia.net/2010/...y-crossworlds/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:18 AM
megakill megakill is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron1 View Post
let it be arpg, hopefully no rts element like spellforce!!!
ok
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:20 AM
JQueue JQueue is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 38
Default

I already know that crossworlds will be awesome, and its the reason I keep checking the "coming soon" tab of the steam store.

Honestly, it's probably a contender for a top 5 spot in my favorite games ever. Not a small feat either, given that I'm an extremely harsh critic with the jaded perspective of a gamer who has gamed all his life and is now a part of the game dev industry.

I couldn't possibly buy this game fast enough when it becomes available. Given all of your talents, I'd love to see you guys make a true successor to X-com... Too bad someone is already busy making an FPS out of it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Mivo Mivo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megakill View Post
And yes, I am participating as the producer, so I know what I am talking about. Announcement will be later this year
You know, you really, really, really want some dedicated beta testers from your impatient, dedicated and multi-lingual forum dwellers!

An Action RPG would be interesting, though I have to say that while simple in theory it seems that most studios that tried to make one somehow "failed". Diablo 2 set fairly high standards in terms of randomization and playability, and it sometimes wonders me that even after ten years it still hasn't been kicked off the throne.

But anyway, no matter what you guys are cooking right now, chances are that I'll like it. K's track record is really very good when it comes to making games that appeal to me.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 PM
pavned pavned is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 84
Default

Given that both Space ranger and King's bounty series are turn-base, I can't see them going real-time, even less real-time action combat!

A blend of both Open-endness of Space Ranger and turn-base combat style of King's Bounty could actually made one of the best gaeme ever.

In Space Ranger, what makes it great it'S the freedom you get, the overwhelming feeling that you're not the center of the universe evoluing on your screen, but part of it. Cause, honestly, the combat are getting old pretty fast in Space Rangers, once you get decent gears. As for King's Bounty, the fun is actually in the combat as for preparing for them! The open-endness is somewhat pretty light compare to Space ranger.

Anyhow, looking forward to what Katauri is cooking...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Zhuangzi's Avatar
Zhuangzi Zhuangzi is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavned View Post
Given that both Space ranger and King's bounty series are turn-base, I can't see them going real-time, even less real-time action combat!

A blend of both Open-endness of Space Ranger and turn-base combat style of King's Bounty could actually made one of the best gaeme ever.

In Space Ranger, what makes it great it'S the freedom you get, the overwhelming feeling that you're not the center of the universe evoluing on your screen, but part of it. Cause, honestly, the combat are getting old pretty fast in Space Rangers, once you get decent gears. As for King's Bounty, the fun is actually in the combat as for preparing for them! The open-endness is somewhat pretty light compare to Space ranger.

Anyhow, looking forward to what Katauri is cooking...
Both awesome games. As much as I liked SR2, I only completed it twice (once normal, once Reboot edition) which pales in comparison to the time I've spent with KB. The reason? Turn based combat.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-17-2010, 12:25 PM
pavned pavned is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Both awesome games. As much as I liked SR2, I only completed it twice (once normal, once Reboot edition) which pales in comparison to the time I've spent with KB. The reason? Turn based combat.
Well, I don't agree it's because of turn-base combat. I agree with you that the combat in SR2 are weak, getting redundant pretty fast. But in KB the fun is pretty much in the combat. Testing your logic, your strategic sense and trying to get the most of what you have. KB do an amazing job at getting you interested in trying different approach to the combat to accomplish different goal.

The thing is, both game have turn-base combat!

That'S why I'd love to see a blend of the 2...

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Mandea Mandea is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 346
Default

oh yeah: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...ds/review.html
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-21-2010, 05:33 PM
onepiece's Avatar
onepiece onepiece is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chile, O PAIS MAS GRANDE DO MONDO
Posts: 209
Default

While I love everything King's Bouty related, what about the King's Bounty Online game they are doing? How exactly will it play? Open world with turn based battles? Massive 8 vs 8 players? And, are they really doing an Online game? an MMo or just "online?
__________________
Time to become an active member!!

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 AM
megakill megakill is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
While I love everything King's Bouty related, what about the King's Bounty Online game they are doing? How exactly will it play? Open world with turn based battles? Massive 8 vs 8 players? And, are they really doing an Online game? an MMo or just "online?
We will be able to announce it soon, but until then - sorry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.