1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 02-06-2019, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

Paladin question:
In Trent 1.1 Paladin no more resurects, instead he has 2 charges of healing with 25 healing points. Paladin was overpowered before, wonder if it is too underpow now? Alternatively he could have the ressurection but only resurecting 1/3 or maybe only for level 1-3 (if that's possible to mod). And/or increasing the healing he can do. Any comments?

Runemage question:
A small vanilla text bug regarding info about 3 talents; Higher Mage/Runic/Runic Armor. The text is shifted, for instance Higher Magic text is under Runic etc. I wanted to change it, it is normally in ses\eng_unit_features.lng but cannot find it. Any ideas? I guess in Crossworld under Addon or Orcs campaign. Still can't find it. Trent also shows wrong text, since I haven't touched it.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
To Harmidis:
Good to hear. I'm having a long break from playing Trent at the moment, because I played it too much when playtesting it... but I keep updating for new versions, working on small changes for version 1.2. There will be a new small dungeon in Jerneland, with 65% chance to appear (for randomness). It will be on the big island to the North-East.
Huzzah! And random, too... aahh, I'm delighted, I love surprises and unpredictability.

Quote:
To Sirlancelot and others:
If I can get help from this forum, I'd like to add a new race to Trent, it could be some of the creatures Hontiro added in his new mod for Crossworld. Thinking of the name OUTCAST race, Dragonrider could be the level 5 unit (but with summoning level 1-2 ice dragons, not as strong or expensive as in Darkside).
But I'm not a heavy modder, my expertise is mapmaking and questmaking. I get serious headache from too much modding... lol. I mailed Hontiro if he would be interested in helping out, or else somebody else wanna help? Alternatively the units could be units you ONLY meet as enemy and couldn't recruit, this way it would matter about overpoweredness. I remember RedSand had some units only as enemies.
Yes, definitely I would only include them as enemies first, to be something easier to test and balance out.

Quote:
A guy asked if there were AI improvements, and Sirlancelot suggested a mod from the Legend. My head would explode if I started modding... so if anybody? Let me know. Also adding a 4th level of the medals is an option, again, if anybody is up for it, let me know.
About the medals, I don't know yet if the campaign is large enough to include new ranks without pressing the player too much to play on a concrete form, I mean, with a determined playstyle.

Quote:
Hero names and text:
You might have discovered that the enemy heroes also have info about what spells they use. Some of the background story is actually true, for instance a mini-boss hero on Jerneland, Wynne, I think his name is, says he was the inventor of the pirate flag, which is actually true - googled... In Sprudne you will encounter John 'Seadog' Hawkins, which has info text that he was the first known slavedealer in modern history (well I think slavedealing has been around for longer, but google said so ...)
That's cool , although I wouldn't give the player so much info about their spellbooks unless for playtesting reasons; that lowers the difficulty.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Paladin question:
In Trent 1.1 Paladin no more resurects, instead he has 2 charges of healing with 25 healing points. Paladin was overpowered before, wonder if it is too underpow now? Alternatively he could have the ressurection but only resurecting 1/3 or maybe only for level 1-3 (if that's possible to mod). And/or increasing the healing he can do. Any comments?
I think he's still one of the best fighters of Crossworlds, if not the best. Second wind, for example, emulates a spell which cost 20 mana on level 1... add Mastery, the enhanced damage against undead and demons, the physical resistance and so on...

If you (or other people) want to keep/return the prayer talent regardless, reduce its AoE to one creature (without the tedium to force the player to make both creatures adjacent), and yes, why not, only for level 1-3 ones. That sounds like a good idea to make low level creatures more appealing.

By the way, the prayer animation itself could be preserved to the harm undead part from The prayer power, which wasn't probably as overpowered.

Quote:
Runemage question:
A small vanilla text bug regarding info about 3 talents; Higher Mage/Runic/Runic Armor. The text is shifted, for instance Higher Magic text is under Runic etc. I wanted to change it, it is normally in ses\eng_unit_features.lng but cannot find it. Any ideas? I guess in Crossworld under Addon or Orcs campaign. Still can't find it. Trent also shows wrong text, since I haven't touched it.
I don't know, but now that you talk about the subject, I think Warriors of the north Rune Mages version has a more reasonable attack, 45.

https://www.vigaroe.com/2018/06/warr...is-part-2.html

Rune Mages can be impressive by their resurrection and summon talents, but their damage output is even with +20 might runes, pretty crappy, underpowered.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 02-06-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

By the way, some days ago faced two Paladins along with several Horsemen and none of them used Second Wind.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

About paladins; AI is not always so clever... the link to the Legend game you mailed me, does it improve AI in this matter?

My question about runemage is entirely about a text error.

Last edited by raknefne; 02-07-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
About paladins; AI is not always so clever... the link to the Legend game you mailed me, does it improve AI in this matter?

My question about runemage is entirely about a text error.
Are you talking about the game or the mod?

Sorry, you're right. Apologies.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

I'm talking about The Legend mod.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm talking about The Legend mod.
It improves mainly the AI of heroes. Computer opponents have a more varied spellbook and choose wiser what to do with it.

Common creatures have new or modified abilites and they certainly use them.

However, it's far from being perfect. I recommend you to give it a try and see for yourself.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:46 AM
Approved Member

I will when I get the time! The first look I had of it looked very professional, although I had trouble already in the turtorial...

New version Trent 1.2 now, can be downloaded now. If you have already started a game, just continue, it is minor and manageable few bugs that need a restart. All map changes need a restart to work, but creature and spell changes works immediately in your current game:

Trent version 1.2

Spells:
-Avenging Angel: Price 500 (was 2.500), Mana 6-8-10 [was 9-13-18], Crystals 1-2-5 [was 3-5-8], Damage 90-150 (was 85-130), Duration 4-5-7 (was 4-5-6).
-Lightning: Mana 10-15-20 (was 12-20-30), Crystal 1-3-6 (was 4-6-12). Did anybody learn it before?

Creatures:
-Ingeneer: Only 1 charge of Blind potion, and cannot be made again! Damage for short ranged ray up by 15%
-Fire Spider: Ranged shot didn’t burn before, now a 20% chance, beside the melee 30% chance.
-Snake: A vanilla text error: It said that the longattack poisoned, it only stuns. Corrected.
-Paladin: Was nerfed a lot in 1.1, now it has 1 Charge of 35 healing, 1 Charge Prayer with only 5 healing [was 28] and 15% more damage on Undead/Demons when used. Give Turn the same.

Map etc:
-Jerneland: Castle on island to the East could be reached before fighting the strong hero guarding it. Should be fixed.
-Jerneland shops: A little lower chance for getting level 4 neutrals in 2 shops.
-Jerneland, big island to North-East has been added: A 65% chance of finding an intrance to a small cave.
-Different chances of finding hidden goodies... no spoilers here...
-Sprudne: Text bug when quest 'Grots sad love', gave wrong text after completion, sounded like other quests where done too, fixed.
-The Warrior Hero startsoff with Fire Spiders instead of Peasants.

Last edited by raknefne; 02-08-2019 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Congrats!!

I hired five engineers yesterday. We'll see how they feel now.