1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 02-03-2019, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

To Sirlancelot:

Polar Bears: It is random what you can hire.

Level 4: Did you mean, there were too many level 4 to hire early game compared to level 1-3? There's some randomness too here, could be different in another game, but I'll have a look.

Avenging Angel Spell: Good point, I never used it before. Have just made the following changes for version 1.2 (hope it is not overpowered, I never upgraded it before and rarely learned it):
Price 500 (was 2.500), Mana 6/8/10 [was 9-13-18], Crystals 1-2-5 [was 3-5-8], Damage 90-150 (was 85-130), Duration 4-5-7 (was 4-5-6).

Map visibility: If you don't have a photo, maybe just describe which map and what area for the arena, then I'll have a look. Some arenas are different with new tactics, for instance when you come to Lower Trent map, there are NO chests to be digged up, but there're more chests to find IN battle (a man tells you when early on that map).

"Mini boss" question: Have you have a fight with the tougher heroes with no retreat option, sort of a mini-boss fight? There is 1 on Jerneland, 1 in Sprudne etc. The one on Sprudne has tons of goodies behind it, including a 1-2 free level 5 units. Also did you try some of the bosses?

Last edited by raknefne; 02-03-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
To Sirlancelot:

Level 4: Did you mean, there were too many level 4 to hire early game compared to level 1-3? There's some randomness too here, could be different in another game, but I'll have a look.
No, simply remark the attractiveness of going with a group of level 1-3 creatures for a while. If you see many level 4 creatures to hire, quickly end with a party only composed with them.

What I mean is, some creatures don't have their moment to shine.

Quote:
Map visibility: If you don't have a photo, maybe just describe which map and what area for the arena, then I'll have a look. Some arenas are different with new tactics, for instance when you come to Lower Trent map, there are NO chests to be digged up, but there're more chests to find IN battle (a man tells you when early on that map).
Don't worry, whenever I come across a simmilar situation, I'll take some screenshots.

EDITED: Ok, let's see first a photo with a normal, common frontal perspective:

Now, the diagonal/isometric perspective I was referring to:

No matter how you move/position the camera, the upper right corner has a poor visibility. This situation can be aggravated if the area is crowded by large pictures of creatures. For example, of horsemen or dragons.

Quote:
"Mini boss" question: Have you have a fight with the tougher heroes with no retreat option, sort of a mini-boss fight? There is 1 on Jerneland, 1 in Sprudne etc. The one on Sprudne has tons of goodies behind it, including a 1-2 free level 5 units. Also did you try some of the bosses?
No, not yet. I didn't feel forced to do so to progress, so I'm still waiting the perfect moment; the instant I predict my power is high enough to avoid heavy casualties.

Bug (maybe is important):

SPOILERS AHEAD:

I reached Sprudne and started kitting, exploring the map. Then I spoke with both Brylhar and Grot and got their missions/quests.

I couldn't find the missing stolen supplies robbed by pirates. No idea where they were. And "Sea Dog" was labelled as "Very Strong". Thus I decided to start the Grot quest. I found the former orc female transformed in a frog. Talked to her, spared her life and return to Grot. Grot persuade me to put the frog to rest, and so I did. Then I returned to the castle and Grot wasn't there. Spoke with Brylhar, who apologised and inform me that Grot had lost his mind. And point me out to speak with him. I did, and then, to my surprise, the shaman congratulated me for solving the three quests:

However, Jhon "Sea Dog" and the missing supplies quests remain active and incompleted.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 02-04-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Line added.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

That's a bug I have to attend.

The missing supplies does pirates carry. They stand close to the lighthouse and only Spawn after u have the quest. This is crucial for getting main quest further ahead.

John Seadog is sailing the waters.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The missing supplies does pirates carry. They stand close to the lighthouse and only Spawn after u have the quest. This is crucial for getting main quest further ahead.

John Seadog is sailing the waters.
Oh, are them next to a cannon? I think I've got them.

Quote:
That's a bug I have to attend.
I'll do my best to slay some Kraken I have heard about meanwhile.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Default Nice game!

Thanks you so much! After many years I can play again King's Bounty! I have the GOG version and please do more champagnes for that awesome game! (I loved more the Valkyrie saga!)
Old 02-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

To Sirlancelot.
- Yes, the pirate with the quest item is at the cannon where there also is a Pirate Ship to use.
- The Fire Spider's ranged burn will work in v1.2; thx to jorko80.
- Arena visibility was easy to fix in the editor. The ice island u made a photo of also shows how different arenas can be in Trent, often there can be a chest at the side path in the top of the screen. So u have to walk a little to get it.
- Grot text in Sprudne: I found the problem, fixed for v1.2

To Harmidis:
Yes Trent is a completely new campaign and story and new funny creatures sounds. U will end the game around level 36 give or take. I had fun making it. No clue if I make more campaigns though, seems that the KB forum is very small... I made two other mods with Terroin in WoTn with a tough start. I guess not so many like that. But we made it for our own game style, meeting up and played together for 1 or 2 evenings with short games. Never played WoTn to the end.

Last edited by raknefne; 02-04-2019 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
To Sirlancelot.
- Yes, the pirate with the quest item is at the cannon where there also is a Pirate Ship to use.
- The Fire Spider's ranged burn will work in v1.2; thx to jorko80.
- Arena visibility was easy to fix in the editor. The ice island u made a photo of also shows how different arenas can be in Trent, often there can be a chest at the side path in the top of the screen. So u have to walk a little to get it.
- Grot text in Sprudne: I found the problem, fixed for v1.2
Great. Should I wait till 1.2 or there's some kind of workaround I can do?

I fought against the Kraken this morning. Took me three attempts, but the reward was definitely worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmidis View Post
Thanks you so much! After many years I can play again King's Bounty! I have the GOG version and please do more champagnes for that awesome game! (I loved more the Valkyrie saga!)
Install and start The Trent War, you won't be dissapointed.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 02-05-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:47 AM
Approved Member

To Sirlancelot:
The pirate at the cannon in Sprudne will still give the quest item so you can full fill the quest. The only bug I saw in the editor, was that you get a text after completion of the 'Grots Sad Love' that sounded like you have done all 3 quests (Grots, Pirate item, John Seadog). You were supposed to get that text after these 3 quests. The reward is a few free troops you can get from Captain Brylhar.
So you can easily play along, no problems with that. It is just that you get the Brylhar reward too early in version 1.1. Don't wait, just play.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Default thanks 4 The Trent War!

Great champagne! Thank you raknefne and thank you Sirlancelot ....back to game now....
Old 02-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

To Harmidis:
Good to hear. I'm having a long break from playing Trent at the moment, because I played it too much when playtesting it... but I keep updating for new versions, working on small changes for version 1.2. There will be a new small dungeon in Jerneland, with 65% chance to appear (for randomness). It will be on the big island to the North-East.

To Sirlancelot and others:
If I can get help from this forum, I'd like to add a new race to Trent, it could be some of the creatures Hontiro added in his new mod for Crossworld. Thinking of the name OUTCAST race, Dragonrider could be the level 5 unit (but with summoning level 1-2 ice dragons, not as strong or expensive as in Darkside).
But I'm not a heavy modder, my expertise is mapmaking and questmaking. I get serious headache from too much modding... lol. I mailed Hontiro if he would be interested in helping out, or else somebody else wanna help? Alternatively the units could be units you ONLY meet as enemy and couldn't recruit, this way it would matter about overpoweredness. I remember RedSand had some units only as enemies.
A guy asked if there were AI improvements, and Sirlancelot suggested a mod from the Legend. My head would explode if I started modding... so if anybody? Let me know. Also adding a 4th level of the medals is an option, again, if anybody is up for it, let me know.

Hero names and text:
You might have discovered that the enemy heroes also have info about what spells they use. Some of the background story is actually true, for instance a mini-boss hero on Jerneland, Wynne, I think his name is, says he was the inventor of the pirate flag, which is actually true - googled... In Sprudne you will encounter John 'Seadog' Hawkins, which has info text that he was the first known slavedealer in modern history (well I think slavedealing has been around for longer, but google said so ...)

Known bug:
After getting a new skill from a monk called Hemf or something like that (he is in Sprudne Island), then DON'T talk to Count Bob anymore, the game will crash, and u will have to load. You will get a dialog screen with a message "no chat", and normally it means that a text in quest dialog is missing, but I simply can't find the error. So it is a bug you have to live with guys. Anyway Bob doesn't give any quests anymore so it doesn't matter. I choose the name 'Count Bob', just because it sounded silly, a count that is named Bob? Hehe... can't help it. It was so funny making up the story together with the mapmaking.

Last edited by raknefne; 02-05-2019 at 05:36 PM.