1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

2. Will you reenable cockpit shake that existed in the earlier versions?
Quote:
We actually removed it because the fans requested it.

I hope this is a mistake and will be brought back. Seems crazy not to have it. High G turns, dives are much more fun in IL-2 because of it right?

Last edited by Richie; 12-24-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
A MOD should copy and paste Luthiers post in this thread ,to the top of each page, as it appears more than a few people have missed it.

Many people still seem to be under the impression that they will have to buy further support for COD. This is not the case as they are still working on COD and will provide patches.
They did not say which features will be fixed in a patch but common sense tells us that the graphics engine, sound, and any AI, FM, DM, work will be provided in a free patch while major features like Dynamic Weather probably would only be available with a merged sequel.

Luthier probably doesn't want to say which features will be patched or in the sequel because he doesn't know yet what will be finished and what will be delayed. Anything he says they're work on is always misconstrued as a promise. Working on complicated shyte like this, you always have to expect delays.
+10000

God this place can be tiresome.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
2. Will you reenable cockpit shake that existed in the earlier versions?
Quote:
We actually removed it because the fans requested it.

I hope this is a mistake and will be brought back. Seems crazy not to have it. High G turns, dives are much more fun in IL-2 because of it right?
IIRC

The cockpit/airframe only is shaking in IL2 1946

CoD had the pilot and aircraft shaking.

The MkI eyeball kinda smooths out the effect of vibration.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:47 PM

Guys I have cleaned up this thread for the 2nd day in row. Please refrain from pointless one line posts intended to provoke (Troll) responses and do not start slinging matches and personal arguments. In the spirit of Christmas I have been lenient and a few people have been warned. If anyone posts further blatant misinformation or overly harsh negative posts consider yourself banned! We get that some of you feel betrayed but as stated many times now the series has a strong future with backing for a new engine and patches for the existing Cliffs of Dover AND a new sequel with new content and features. You don't need to pay a cent to receive the new engine and patches ok! The beta patch will be released when it is ready, but rest assured the guys have been working very hard at it!
i7 3930K @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver WB - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4way SLI 3GB GTX 580 Aquagrafx WB - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM fans & shrouds - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD Nv Surround
Old 12-25-2011, 02:07 AM

Thank you Phat.

Biggs
Old 12-25-2011, 03:11 AM

Thank you BlackSix for another update, we appreciate it!

Question, Is there any information about when the sequel will be released?
Old 12-25-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
A MOD should copy and paste Luthiers post in this thread ,to the top of each page, as it appears more than a few people have missed it.

Many people still seem to be under the impression that they will have to buy further support for COD. This is not the case as they are still working on COD and will provide patches.
They did not say which features will be fixed in a patch but common sense tells us that the graphics engine, sound, and any AI, FM, DM, work will be provided in a free patch while major features like Dynamic Weather probably would only be available with a merged sequel.

Luthier probably doesn't want to say which features will be patched or in the sequel because he doesn't know yet what will be finished and what will be delayed. Anything he says they're work on is always misconstrued as a promise. Working on complicated shyte like this, you always have to expect delays.

+1 on this

post the meat of the official news on every page or at least a link to the first page on top, saying before you post, read the official news via this hyperlink . . . in bold and as much attention getting as possible.

The moderators should auto delete any thread that posts something that is a lie as fact, especially, when it is contrary to what the devs were saying.

Opinions are fine but saying junk like "CLod isn't supported and everything is for the sequel" is a lie and should be deleted.

lie vs opinion:

Lie: "CLod isn't supported and everything is for the sequel"

vs opinion: "I know you don't have a patch date in mind, but I think that is reprehensibly wrong and leaves a bad bitter taste in our mouths".

note the following are examples only

-----------

Last edited by FS~Phat; 12-26-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Moved performance/config discussion posts to technical area
Old 12-25-2011, 06:48 AM

Luthiers clarifications have been added to the first post.

If anyone makes another false comment about this update without carefully reading at least the first page and doing a search for their problem or concern to see if it has been addressed previously (which it likely has) you will get an instant warning and for next offence a ban to give you time to think about how you can better contribute to this community.

Sorry it has had to come to this but the majority of members and moderators including myself don't come here everyday just to clean up after you. We love to help and we love to see the interesting topics and we also love to fly when time allows. Rubbish, Trolling, Arguing and False Statements will not be tolerated and will be swiftly dealt with.
i7 3930K @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver WB - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4way SLI 3GB GTX 580 Aquagrafx WB - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM fans & shrouds - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD Nv Surround
Old 12-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Hey folks,

I see that these answers led some folks here, and most of the folks on my favorite sukhoi.ru, to read between the lines and see my answers to specific questions as indications of larger-scale abandonment of the project.

That's not the case at all.

I answered specific questions and didn't touch on the larger effort. It remains the same. Sped up graphics, launcher errors, improved FM, etc, all of that is in progress as previously stated.

We are trying to pull off a very difficult balancing act with developing a new game and supporting an old one at the same time. Pretty much no one does that. Most large developers simply release games, support them for a month at the most, and then switch to new paid content regardless of the state of the game. We are however trying not only to patch up major issues, we're working on improving things that generally work - and we're doing that for free seven months after release. We are doing that by trying to parallel tasks as much as possible and improving CoD while developing a sequel.

That is however simply not possible with some features. In some cases that's a question of limited resources. We cannot make a new flyable for CoD because that means one less flyable for the sequel. With other tasks it's simply a matter of time. Some of the changes we're making are so sweeping, they're scheduled to be completed very close to the sequel's ship date. The animation for example is such a huge task with so many facets that we can't just take it, turn it into a half a gig patch, and release it for CoD a month before the release of the sequel.

And to make sure to drive my main point across. We are still working on improving CoD. No one's abandoned it. There will be patches. My answers about things in the sequel were meant for those specific features. Please don't try to read between the lines!

... hmm, ok, that sounds already much better, thanks, ...
Old 12-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

All I want to know is: when will the patch comes out?
It must be possible to give us a date of release! There must be a deadline for the programmers! Since the last patch i can´t fly online for more than half an hour without a launchercrash!

(and i´m sure it´s not a problem of my PC or CPU or anything else!)
SSD OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb
ASUS HD 6950 DirectCU II
Catalyst 12.6
Saitek Evo Force+Rudder pedals
TrackIR 5
Closed Thread