1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:57 PM

Finally i could upgrade my pain skull to dead skull (for those who dont know this item: you have to wear this artifact for around 50 battles and it halves your mana.. it's really a pain . but the reward is that after upgrading this artifact it will give +5 attack +5 int. My stats at lvl 20 : 24 att., 15 def, 32 int
Unfortunately it doesnt increase the phantom spell duration at 30 int :/. i dont know if its a bug or what. slow/haste/etc get a duration bonus.

Last edited by mzprox; 11-08-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinda View Post
I completed impossible warrior in 14 days, beat that For screenshots check the hi-score thread.
lol

i am lvl 7 in 6 days
Old 11-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

I've got no idea how he does that, kennec.

My game is a struggle, pure and simple. But I am determined NOT to just grind my way through the game taking moderate losses in every battle. There is also a money issue that I think might become serious if I allow myself to lose too many troops in Kordar.

I've abandoned any hope of a high score, i.e. I am resigned to having to do a lot of air/sea travel to improve my chances. So instead of trying to grind through Kordar with my faily crappy team (like 9000 leadership and pretty miserable stats, maybe around 12-14 for Attack, Defense and Intellect) I decided to go to Ellinia.

Finally, in Ellinia, I had SOME luck, but not much. The place is teeming with Sprites/Lake Fairies/Dryads to hire, which is a relief, because there were no Lake Fairies in my last game. Basically I am going for the super-elf with Anga's Ruby team. Unfortunately, I can't equip half of the crappy items I have due to the stupid dwarven wife having the wrong slots. And she's so ugly. The obvious thing to do would be to get the elf wife, but I had a problem. Sneaking through Ellinia is easy, but to get the elf wife you have to destroy four stacks. Three of these were Strong but the fourth was Overwhelming, and had about 10 Black Dragons in it! So I couldn't get past that without heavy losses. No elf wife for now.

I travelled to the Land of the Dead too to pick stuff up and touch the obelisk. I think I have them all now except the one in Kordar (there is one in Kordar, right? Hopefully in Ardan's Peaks? I can't remember). So hopefully I will at least complete that quest.

So it's day 18 and I'm STILL bogged down in Kordar. No Sacrifice or Resurrection means I will have to go through it with nearly zero losses.

EDIT: I finally made some real progress! My elven team is the best, much better than anything from the humans or demons, not to mention the useless undead. Elves rock in this game. And I don't even have the Elf wife or the Dwarven Telescope equipped yet (stupid dwarf wife can't equip it and I've got to have Anga's Ruby). All game I have been really struggling with melee type units such as Mirabella + Sea Dogs and then later my Dwarven team. I have never had much time for the Dwarves either.

Elves though? My goodness. Lake Fairies/Sprites/Dryads/Elven Archers/Hunters + Anga's Ruby + Dwarven Telescope = WIN I just cleared out most of the upper parts of Kordar with one team, losing small numbers of Sprites etc in each fight. I was able to defeat the Giant Spider with zero losses. I was able to win the first AND second double fight easily. That's a total of 5 of each type of rune right there. With Tactics 2 and Anga's Ruby equipped, the flying elves can attack on the other side of the map before the enemy has a chance to move (I've upgraded Outslaught too). Then I realised that I could use Phantom to create a second stack of Dryads, which can be used to Lullaby things when they wake up from the first Lullaby. This made the double fights absurdly easy, as of course Lake Fairies and Sprites are level 1 units, and fall asleep easily. This was awesome.

Elves are the best units in the game, partly because Anga's Ruby is for female fighters and 3 of 4 female units in the game are Elves. And two of the best ranged units are elves too. When I finish with Kordar, I will be able to get the elven wife and equip the telescope. Then it will be domination time. I saw Fire Rain in the Land of the Dead and I have finally made it to Chaos Magic. I'm up to 300,000 gold finally (after very little for most of the game) and I can see that things are going to get easier from now on.

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 11-09-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:29 PM

Zhunagzi: Since you are doing it already, do you know if you can get past +3 Morale? Do you know what the highest morale possible might be? I just want to know if the elf lady + this elf morale arty I have plus all the other junk is over the cap. I like the frog lady's slots better (yeah that sounds bad) so I don't want to swap her out if morale can't get higher.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

+3 is the cap , everything higher acts like a +3.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
Zhunagzi: Since you are doing it already, do you know if you can get past +3 Morale? Do you know what the highest morale possible might be? I just want to know if the elf lady + this elf morale arty I have plus all the other junk is over the cap. I like the frog lady's slots better (yeah that sounds bad) so I don't want to swap her out if morale can't get higher.
Yeah, High morale (+3) is as high as it goes, but there is also the issue of what kind of slots the wives have (sounds really bad ) I like a full elf team, and even though the women are happy, the male archers need a little love too from the elf wife. That way everyone can be happy.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:31 PM

Ahh... thanks. I'll be skipping unicorns then.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Why did I bother with the Elven wife at all? She has two regalia slots and one artifact/regalia. No weapon slots at all. I don't care about the +1 morale for elves because they already have high morale with Anga's Ruby and also if you use Druids. So she is useless, IMO.

I wanted Xeona instead - who is the best wife in the game as far as I am concerned, so it was off to Demonis. It was very hard to sneak in this time because Katana and another demon army were guarding the portal, but I managed in the end.

To mock me, Fire Rain is EVERYWHERE in this game. I have seen it for sale in maybe six different places. And I couldn't find it at all in my last game.

Xeona is a very hard fight at level 20. The elf team didn't really work (partly because I had lost some troops) so I bought up a temporary demon team to do the job. With Xeona on my side, I can equip three weapons in total. You can't go past this, I don't think. A Mage will equip Archmage's Staff, and a Warrior a variety of nice swords, like Kerus' sword.

I've got the Pain skull but it takes so long to do its business. In fact, I have never seen it upgraded before because I HATE losing half my mana. I think it's down to 44%

So, in short, I'm winning. Money is a bit of an issue (only 300,000) but I have an excellent team now and still plenty of stuff to do in Kordar, Ellinia and even a few fights in Freedom Isles. It's day 20 so my score won't be very high.

Oh, and Hunters/Elven Archers are so good with the Dwarven telescope. The only place in the game that seems to reliably sell Hunters is a sorceror's tower in Demonis. He has over 600 for sale.

If I had Hordes of Lake Fairies/Sprites I would keep using them, but I don't, so here is my team at level 20 with 13,000 leadership:

6 Red Dragons
70 Orc Shamans (Xeona sells them for some reason )
90 Horsemen
110 Hunters
220 Elven Archers

This is a pretty versatile team with a nice mix of ranged/direct damage, plus some decoy stuff from the Shamans. I am able to beat Match and Slightly Stronger stacks without any losses.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 PM

Only one remark - with Xeona you may equip 4 weapons, not 3. Warrior can equip 2nd weapon in the shield slot
Old 11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Why will you skip unicorns? They are great against fire. I like elves but generic elves suck against fire (dragons, deamons) they rock against non-fire (i.e, dwarves/undead).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
Ahh... thanks. I'll be skipping unicorns then.