1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 03-03-2019, 11:36 AM
raknefne raknefne is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 570
Default

About magic shackles: alternatively level 3 could just be for one and not all. Still strange I haven't heard about magic shackles being op before... But in vanilla the leadership is 100% also at level 3. That is the difference.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 03-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
About magic shackles: alternatively level 3 could just be for one and not all. Still strange I haven't heard about magic shackles being op before... But in vanilla the leadership is 100% also at level 3. That is the difference.
Strange indeed...

I agree with you about the alternative proposed. I'm gonna test a bit more with the third level affecting all, though. Spells which affect all opponents at once are very interesting, although also prone to break balance.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 03-03-2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: More reflections
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 03-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
- Snake, Swamp Snake, Bear, Ancient Bear, Polar Bear: Got "Home Ground" which is +1 Initiative in forests or close to forests.
- All 3 snakes got 'Reptile', which is -30% Defense in snow. They had -25% in vanilla in the code (along with -25% Attack), but it was not written in text for the player, also the attack reduce didnt work properly.
The snakes also got the text 'Snake Agility', which already worked, but the text was missing. 10% chance to avade attacks.
I love these changes, however:

'Home ground' would be more interesting if give +1 morale. Initiative bonus is pointless for Bears, as they need to be hitted first in order to take advantage of their Brutality skill. Besides, you can already obtain +1 to Initiative to animals and dragons with the Blue Dragon pet.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 03-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 253
Default

I edited and added more information to previous posts.

Terroin creature sounds are amazing. The demons speechs are scary as hell.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 03-03-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 03-03-2019, 07:36 PM
raknefne raknefne is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 570
Default

Sounds: Terroin made the sounds for the creatures in his studio and altered them. He did it in 1-2 days, it was funny talking to him afterwards, his voice sounded very "off" after all the recordings, hehe. He is a friend of mine, living just 15 km away.

Snake/bears 'homeground': It was mostly intended for the AI as an advantage, I suppose snakes are not used so much. That's way I didn't give Royal Snakes 'homeground', since it is normally the only snake used by the player. U still think +1 Moral is better?

Magic Shackles: I'll await your tests, Sirlancelot, sounds like just a solo effect is the way to go, but with big big leadership and cheaper Mana, 10-15 or so?
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 03-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
Sounds: Terroin made the sounds for the creatures in his studio and altered them. He did it in 1-2 days, it was funny talking to him afterwards, his voice sounded very "off" after all the recordings, hehe. He is a friend of mine, living just 15 km away.
So that's why they sounded so proffesional. They were recorded in a studio. It's unusual in "amateur" mods to find such piece of quality.

Hah! It's a small world! Where do you live?

Quote:
Snake/bears 'homeground': It was mostly intended for the AI as an advantage, I suppose snakes are not used so much. That's way I didn't give Royal Snakes 'homeground', since it is normally the only snake used by the player. U still think +1 Moral is better?
Good point. But yes, +1 moral it's definitely better for bears, which are too slow in reaction terms anyway. +1 to initiative wouldn't make a difference for them.

But for the snakes, the AI will take more advantage from the initiative bonus, there you're right.

Hence I would give +1 moral to bears and +1 initiative to snakes.

Moreover, yesterday night I faced off a group of orc trackers along with an horde of snakes and they pushed me to the limit. I could barely disable them thanks to Higher Magic; four spells in a row in two rounds. And even them they were able to kill two paladins, ten priests and one royal thorn, which I fortunately could resurrect thanks to Sacrifice, my red dragon and tons of mana (I have an item which improves the pet dragon Mana Acceleration significantly)

Quote:
Magic Shackles: I'll await your tests, Sirlancelot, sounds like just a solo effect is the way to go, but with big big leadership and cheaper Mana, 10-15 or so?
I need more time to test it thoroughly. Now I'm trying out the 125, 200, 150 leadership limit with 10, 15, 35 mana cost idea.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 03-04-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 03-04-2019, 11:19 AM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Ingeneer:

You forgot to raise their damage on the flamer script section, thus our dwarf friend kept damage bonus from 1.1 (or 1.2, I don't remember), 17,30, and not 20-35.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 03-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 253
Default

By the way, why you gave Paladin acess to Higher Magic, and Warrior access to Resurrection?
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:05 PM
raknefne raknefne is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 570
Default

To Sirlancelot:

Are u mage in your game? Well just to improve paladin in a fast and easy way. Overpowered with high magic to paladin? other suggestions for hero classes?

Ingeneers: Ur right, it was melee that had 40% increased damage. Changed now for v1.3

Not so keen on lower mass magic shackles leadership. Id rather lower it to level 2 OR just effect on just 1. What about 10-10-10 Mana. Leadership 125-150-1000 or so, still level 3-4-4. Crystal 4-8-10 and ONLY works on just 1 creature. Regarding leadership, remember AI is stronger in Trent, and u are playing on hard, not impossible.

Last edited by raknefne; 03-04-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 03-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Sirlancelot Sirlancelot is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
To Sirlancelot:

Are u mage in your game? Well just to improve paladin in a fast and easy way. Overpowered with high magic to paladin? other suggestions for hero classes?

Ingeneers: Ur right, it was melee that had 40% increased damage. Changed now for v1.3

Not so keen on lower mass magic shackles leadership. Id rather lower it to level 2 OR just effect on just 1. What about 10-10-10 Mana. Leadership 125-150-1000 or so, still level 3-4-4. Crystal 4-8-10 and ONLY works on just 1 creature. Regarding leadership, remember AI is stronger in Trent, and u are playing on hard, not impossible.
No, I'm a paladin.

I don't know, yet. I got Higher Magic two days ago. However, it's one of the most powerful skills in the game, so chances are that yes, it'll be overpowered.

In principle, I'd refrained to include it in the Paladin skill tree repertory, unless you were 100% sure it was needed. There're other skills rather weak, like Diplomacy or Prayer, which could have been improved instead.

Anyway, I don't have confronted yet the most dangerous foes nor had time enough to judge its impact properly. Time will say.

About Magic Shackles:

I see. I understand your concern. Make it focused on just one creature, then. Places like Trent dungeon will be much harder now, because enemies like Demonesess or Imps are very talent dependant.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 1C Company. All rights reserved.