1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 01-24-2019, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
Ok, I'll check. Thx. Hope you're having fun. It is more challenging than a normal Xworld, but not impossible, a player finished on the Impossible difficulty.
Yep, it seems rather interesting and funny. The level and artistic design are both good, amazing even. At least in the first islands.

Enemies are well placed to avoid excesive kitting and are diverse.

The map exploring is rewarding.

The creatures on sale are also diverse.

It's a shame you prefer not messing with scripts, AI improvements is what I miss the most in King's Bounty. By a large margin. The opponent heroes in vanilla, have absurd/poor spell choices and make decisions alike.

I'm playing on Hard with a paladin.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

I'm suffering frequent CTD after battles. It's quite frustrating.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

More feedback:

This morning suffered no crashes at all. Perhaps I'm near to discover what triggers them. Going from inside the game to the main menu and then load a save, instead of direct, ordinary loading, could be the cause. I got accustomed to do this back in the day when playing Skyrim, as it was the only way to ensure no bugs would happen if loading normally.

Another reason I can think of is pressing Alt+tab, do something outside the game and then returning. Yesterday I had to do this a couple of times, thus maybe is related.

By the way, I'm totally hooked. I really appreciate much of the tweaks you have made to creatures, spells and so on. And the attention to detail is nifty. I can only imagine how many hours you spent thinking about the best way to place objects within the landscape, half hidden. It feels great how rewarding is careful exploration.

A bit of criticism, though: I found some royal griffins available to recruit inside a pirate hideout next to a flooded house, and I'm just level three. If I was very lucky is ok, otherwise I would reduce the chance to find so long lasting creatures at such early stage of the adventure. I mean, they have plenty of hit points (220) and quite high stats in general, among other qualities. So I'm worried about balance.

Now, some other considerations and minor bugs:

I love fire spiders concept, although it doesnt work as described. They're not able to make enemies burn from afar (I attacked with them from a distance thousands of times) Now, perhaps is for the good, as burning and poison effect in Crossworlds are rather potent, and a 30% chance is quite prominent. But a tiny 15 or 20% to actually burn enemies with the ranged attack should be quite reasonable.

To be continued...
Old 01-26-2019, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
More feedback:

This morning suffered no crashes at all. Perhaps I'm near to discover what triggers them. Going from inside the game to the main menu and then load a save, instead of direct, ordinary loading, could be the cause. I got accustomed to do this back in the day when playing Skyrim, as it was the only way to ensure no bugs would happen if loading normally.

Another reason I can think of is pressing Alt+tab, do something outside the game and then returning. Yesterday I had to do this a couple of times, thus maybe is related.

By the way, I'm totally hooked. I really appreciate much of the tweaks you have made to creatures, spells and so on. And the attention to detail is nifty. I can only imagine how many hours you spent thinking about the best way to place objects within the landscape, half hidden. It feels great how rewarding is careful exploration.

A bit of criticism, though: I found some royal griffins available to recruit inside a pirate hideout next to a flooded house, and I'm just level three. If I was very lucky is ok, otherwise I would reduce the chance to find so long lasting creatures at such early stage of the adventure. I mean, they have plenty of hit points (220) and quite high stats in general, among other qualities. So I'm worried about balance.

Now, some other considerations and minor bugs:

I love fire spiders concept, although it doesnt work as described. They're not able to make enemies burn from afar (I attacked with them from a distance thousands of times) Now, perhaps is for the good, as burning and poison effect in Crossworlds are rather potent, and a 30% chance is quite prominent. But a tiny 15 or 20% to actually burn enemies with the ranged attack should be quite reasonable.
To be continued...
Quote:
I'm suffering frequent CTD after battles. It's quite frustrating.
Thx for all the feedback!
About the crashes it must be something on your computer and not the mod. I have not heard it from other players or myself...

About Royal Griffin early: Yes, it is overpowered so early. It is probably because I have written that there should be 3 random level 4 neutrals. It's noted in case of an update.

Fire spiders: it is noted! It is a little strange IMO if it can burn in ranged attacks...
Old 01-26-2019, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
Thx for all the feedback!
About the crashes it must be something on your computer and not the mod. I have not heard it from other players or myself...

About Royal Griffin early: Yes, it is overpowered so early. It is probably because I have written that there should be 3 random level 4 neutrals. It's noted in case of an update.

Fire spiders: it is noted! It is a little strange IMO if it can burn in ranged attacks...
The crashes returned today. I have activated Panda Antivirus multimedia/games mode. Hope it'll help. We'll see.

Furthermore, I'll play with only the game opened, just in case the RAM or the GPU VRAM are being consumed some way. I have 16Gb RAM and a Nvidia 970 GTX. The OS is Windows 7.

It's weird, though, during my last two Crossworlds playthrougs I suffered virtually zero crashes.

--

Provided the R.Griffins spawning rate percent is low enough it shouldn't be a problem. Luck is an important factor in KB.

Speaking of creatures, I saw you made Engineers pricier in both gold and leadership terms. Glad that we share the same sentiment about them. They need to be nerfed. But even with the changes you made, they're still very overpowered IMO. The reason why is not numbers dependant. In fact, you only need an small pack of them to totally control a fight. Their talents are the key:

-> 100% chance to blind 1 to 3 level target's surrounding creatures is crazy. What about 50% chance to blind each one? That way you can be lucky and disable one, two or even all surrounding enemies but won't feel like cheating anymore.

-> Two charges to summon and repair robots are also a bit out of bounds, specially because there's not reloading time and robots are fairly physical resistant.

It's the same with Beholders and their 100% chance to put level 1 opponents to sleep. Something along the lines of 75%-50%-25%-10% to disable 1, 2, 3 level creatures respectively would me much more interesting than the approximately 100%-50%-10%-0% that it's on vanilla.

---

I entered a barbarian style building that seemed not intended to be reachable until you would defeat the guard hero behind. Here you have an screenshot:

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 01-27-2019 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorko80 View Post
Well I play the game regularly , but my last check of this forum was 6 months ago. So I guess people will find it in the next few months.
Impossible can be very easy when the unbalanced spells and abilities,that I wrote about, are used. I usually play a mod for The legend and Red sands, which cuts all such things, but it's in russian. I also made a very big mod for Warriors of the north, which also makes the game harder, but it is also in russian. Maybe someday I'll translate it to share it here
OMG, I didn't see this. Please find someone who translate it or do it yourself!! I would even pay for it. Seriously. Specially for the mod which change WotN, as I have played Crossworlds recently.

By the way, if you know of a populated/active thread or discussion which the developers read and take into account, I would like to know about it and comment. I have played Crossworlds and The Legend for more than 1900 hours, so I think I could provide honestly very useful information.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I forgot reply to this, sorry. Yes, and for balance reasons, that 20 or 15% should be enough.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

Building with Hyllewald Hylbaek: Yes, not intended to reach before the fight. Noted.

Engineer: Good point! Yes, still OP. It's noted for version 1.2
Old 01-28-2019, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

I see that holy damage in Trent War is supposed to do +150% more damage to undead and demons instead of double damage. Is that correct?

--

Bug (unless working as intended):

Human trait "Personal Enemy", which implies +15% more damage to the first opponent who harms the human unit, resets after every battle. That means in practice humans are always doing +15% more damage to some of their opponents.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I see that holy damage in Trent War is supposed to do +150% more damage to undead and demons instead of double damage. Is that correct?

--

Bug (unless working as intended):

Human trait "Personal Enemy", which implies +15% more damage to the first opponent who harms the human unit, resets after every battle. That means in practice humans are always doing +15% more damage to some of their opponents.
I haven't touched these 2 things. It must be a vanilla bug... I checked Inquisitors, the code says 150% holy...

About the building 'Pirate House' with the Royal Griffins: In 1.1 there is only a 30% chance of getting 5-8 level 4's and it can be either orcs, neutral or dwarves. I lowered it though for version 1.2.

Beholders: In the code it says
custom_params {
sleep=50
dod=no
duration=1
special=1
}
Not sure where to change your suggestion to lower the chance for putting lvl1 to sleep, in the beholder-file it says 'sleep=50' but not the chance for each level. I must admit, I don't use beholders so often. Anybody knows where to change that?

Last edited by raknefne; 01-28-2019 at 08:16 AM.