1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 01-28-2019, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Default 2 Creature updates for version 1.1

I made changes to 2 Creatures which can be downloaded and will work in your current game:

Fire Spider: Only 15% burn chance when Spitting Fire (still 30% in melee).

Ingeneer: Can only cast the Shock Grenade (blindness) once and cannot make more potions! The Shock Grenade range is 6 (was 7). His flame in 3 range is 15% stronger. Leadership as in vanilla (380 again). Price is 1250 (was 1850 in Trent and 1150 in vanilla). IMO it is more balanced now. The price and leadership is still arguable I guess. Feel free to comment. I guess the amount of Summoning could be reduced a bit?

Download: Ingeneer and FireSpider.zip
The file ingeneer and spider_fire goes to Trent\Trent.kfs\Creatures, the last just goes to the Trent\Trent.kfs. Very important that you overwrite, if you don't see it overwrites, it won't work and probably crash.

Last edited by raknefne; 01-28-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
I made changes to 2 Creatures which can be downloaded and will work in your current game:

Fire Spider: Only 15% burn chance when Spitting Fire (still 30% in melee).

Ingeneer: Can only cast the Shock Grenade (blindness) once and cannot make more potions! The Shock Grenade range is 6 (was 7). His flame in 3 range is 15% stronger. Leadership as in vanilla (380 again). Price is 1250 (was 1850 in Trent and 1150 in vanilla). IMO it is more balanced now. The price and leadership is still arguable I guess. Feel free to comment. I guess the amount of Summoning could be reduced a bit?

Download: Attachment 15627
The file ingeneer and spider_fire goes to Trent\Trent.kfs\Creatures, the last just goes to the Trent\Trent.kfs. Very important that you overwrite, if you don't see it overwrites, it won't work and probably crash.
Great. Let's see them in action!

How can I open Trent.kfs folder? It seems an archive, not a folder.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Hi there!
I think that the abilities of engineers and beholders are not overpowered. Beholders are supposed to put lvl1 units to sleep 100% of the time, except undead and some others which can get nasty. The chance is 100%-50%-25%-10% for lvl1-lvl4 units respectively.
To Sir Lancelot - try playing on impossible, I always do
About the translation of my mod, I think I'll do it on my next playthrough, but I guess that will be in the end of march.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

To SirLancelot: You have to open the Trent.kfs file so you can see all files inside. Then you drag the 3 new files over (overwrite). Ingeneer + FireSpider to the directory 'Creatures' that is within Trent.kfs and the last file just to Trent.kfs.

Looks like you have NOT a program that can extract kfs-file, the picture of Trent.kfs looks different on my computer... if you can get a WinRAR program to do that. Could it be that has to do with your crashes???
Old 01-28-2019, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

7 zip is able to do it. I just didn't now it was a compressed folder. Windows doesn't recognize it that way. For safety reasons, I have made a backup of the file.

I cannot enter directly within Trent.kfs, I need to uncompress it previously with 7 Zip. So I guess you mean extract the files and then add them to Trent.kfs.

My crashes seem to have dissapeared since I activated Multimedia/games mode in Panda Antivirus.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

To raknefne:

Look, this is kinda embarrasing, but I seem unable to add the files to Trent.kfs. Both 7 Zip and WinRAR only allow me to add them to Trent.7Zip and Trent.rar respectively. Would you be so kind to explain to me the process you follow or simply upload the updated Trent.kfs?
Old 01-28-2019, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

To jorko80:

I think Beholders make most fights against level 1 creatures quite trivial. Too predictable and lack of thrilling.

On the same vein, Engineers are crowd control gods. I used them for a long time during my last Crossworlds playthrough and had a hate/love relationship with them. I found them really annoying due to the same motives I got bored of Beholders, but really liked their flamethrower spray, with that wonderful 13-26 range damage that even makes the usually dissapointing/unneccesary Bless, appealing.

It's great that you'll translate your mods. I'm really grateful. I hope will have spare time to test them by March.

Impossible is my usual choice, but I saw raknefne recommended Hard for a simmilar difficulty. Besides, I'm not very fond of bloating numbers as the way to go to make challenges. An improved AI and level design are less irritating and fair. It's a shame nowadays sometimes is all about graphics.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 01-28-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

To Sirlancelot:
For the 2 new creatures: Instead just delete Trent.kfs and replace with this new Trent.kfs that includes the 3 new files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ocaxn...Trent.kfs/file

I'm thinking of adding some of the new creatures from WoTn just as another guy just made a mod about for Crossworld. Excellent idea. Especially the new beholders. Even Dragon Rider but with a different low level summoning and ofc cheaper (an overpowered creature from Darkside). Btw I just released a small mod for Darkside. You should find links all over the KB forum.

I'm glad for your comments, have already made a few changes in the first map from your input for version 1.2. For a replay of Trent I also play Hard, but I wait until I'm finished with version 1.2.

To jorko80: I'd be interested in playing the mod too for WoTn. About beholders, if they get weaker I will use them even less. But the Beholders from WoTn are often overpowered, for instance the one that summons snake and can freeze for 2 turns.

Last edited by raknefne; 01-28-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

I have found an interesting source of knowledge and analysis for the King's Bounty saga:

http://www.vigaroe.com/p/kings-bount...-princess.html

It comprehensively reviews the usefulness of each spell, creature and skill in both player and enemy hands.

Obviously is just the opinion of his author, and I disagree with some of its arguments, but nonetheless I find it quite relevant as a reference.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 01-29-2019 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
Let me try him for a while and I'll see how it goes.