1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2016, 10:09 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @tyrotrela

Do you mean the Templar ships?, they aren't added yet, I plan to include either on Friday, or maybe (when it takes a bit longer) on saturday.

Crashes every now and then?, did this appear early on when you were doing the mission where you also get your 2nd Mothership?, because there have been crashes for a long time now in that area, and I have no idea why.

Which stations in particular?, stations not selling items seems like an pretty huge bug, I would love to have the LOGFile.txt to see what happened there.

The merc base disappearing also seems like an huge bug, it would be very kind of you to post the contents of your LOGfile.txt on pastebin.com and sending me the link to view it, im going to try to replicate the bugs you encountered eitherway.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

my Log file is empty. I dunno i think i messed up the installation somehow.

The templar fighters work fine, unless you are referring to other templar ships

The first crash happened with the second and third mothership, while i was grinding exp

Random stations apparently, i thought it happened while transfering a fighter from the mothership to the hold, since it shows an empty panel right after the transfer, it forces the station to show empty stores. but i can't verify that yet, will try to replicate it in more systems

also the elephant fighter that the msf use has a big box on top of it, white and red, not sure if it has a turret or what, and another msf ship ( small and with a lot of turrets appears white all over except the turrets)

i will try to find more bugs, but im not even sure if i installed your mod correctly still...

Last edited by tyrotrela; 03-10-2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: to answer questions
Old 03-11-2016, 12:23 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Tyrotrela

Hmm, that logfile should always have atleast some content in it, even in an CTD...

The thing with the msf figher seems to be either an missing texture or something else, but it still would resolve a lot of problems when I somehow got the logfile, like you can try to start a new game just to change like 2 - 4 systems and then just post the logfile in pastebin, and give me the link afterwards, if theres something really wrong, the logfile should output the needed information.

It should usually always have content, just try to refresh the file and it should have content in it, windows sometimes just doesn't show it has been updated for some reason.

I can only help you to an certain extend without any LOGfile, since many things are happening behind the curtains in the code of the game, it might even see OK in an visual-perspective, but if theres errors in the code, it usually will not notify you in any way in the game itself, but will output it in the logfile/scripterrors file instead.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Approved Member

I believe the Log file is not working because i didn't install the mod using the bat exe.
But it doesn't work at all, maybe windows 10 is responsible, i have 0 experience with coding so i can't help you help me. Maybe run me through the manual installation more in depth, perhaps goblins patch fix screwed something up, though the game wouldn't run 1.12 without it, i have skidrow's pirated version btw. Furthermore i seem to never loose saved games whenever i reinstall this game and i can't find the save files, could be the culprit for the issues i'm having, just a thought.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:48 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @tyrotrela

Hm, alright first off, the save files are in GameDir\Profiles\YOURUSERNAME\Save\

When you consider reinstalling the game, please use this (Skidrow's) release:
MAGNET

If you have any Torrent client, it should add it to the downloads, atleast it works on me with BitTorrent.

Try to just install the Resources and after that the MAIN. (No additional patches/fixes, IIRC goblins patch IS included in the mod)

If still does not work, I will consider just uploading my game instead, that should solve every problem, if there is any with the .7z's, although it may take a while until I package all of the gigabytes that there are, but firstly I think it would be good to see if this release is any different from the skidrow release you have tried.

Oh, and did you try compatability mode, btw?.
Win7 and XP SP3 should work fine.

With all these problems Win10 brings us, I might have to set up an VirtualVM in order to find out if Win10 actually fucks things up here. win7 <3

And still, after all this stuff, the LOGfile not having content is actually the most strange part for me.

And don't worry about the .bat, it does not work eitherway, I still have to create an actual Installer instead of an simple batch.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

i did indeed download the game from that link, also im going to reinstall...fml for the 15th time the game and not apply goblin's patch since it's in the mod.

will try compatibility as well.

and there is a slight problem, in my profiles folder there is one file only... emptyfile ...just that, which is mighty weird since every time the game installs thats all i get, other than that when i open the game all the saves + my freaking saved OPTIONS!, which used to reset back when i first started this game are there.

EDIT: Strange thing is, game won't work after i install your mod, even though it's supposed to have goblins patch, it still crashes right after i either, load save, new game or tutorial, and i tried compatibility
win7 and nothing changed

EDIT#2: Installing the game in Games dir made my saves appear magically in the Profile folder and the game reset all options and i had no previous saves in game, however your mod still isn't applying patch 1.12 fix so i did it manually, maybe this time around the Log.txt will show something

Last edited by tyrotrela; 03-11-2016 at 02:39 AM. Reason: more info
Old 03-11-2016, 02:03 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Hm, I remember another user with the same save thing you mention here, I just don't exactly remember how he solved the problem.

Win10 must save these probably in some AppData folder or the in user documents, going to look into it.

Trying to replicate the problems in my SW3 Testbench ATM.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:27 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Update

Alright, I found the two missing objects/textures problem now with the msf fighters and fixed them, still trying to replicate the other problems ATM.

I think im going to post the update today, since there has been more bugs than I initially thought.

EDIT: I have been playing until the heretic part, and the mercenary base did not disappear, it was there and I was able to complete the mission.

Last edited by nocalora29; 03-11-2016 at 02:42 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:15 AM
Approved Member

Great, i'll do my part and try again to reach heretic and see for myself if it works now

EDIT: Mercs still dissapear, after ternie leaves the randevu point, i tried with exp.exe and x8.exe same results.

Last edited by tyrotrela; 03-11-2016 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:29 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Tyrotrela

I will look into this problem further a bit later, since I now have to leave my home for like 6+ Hours, I will post any available solution for this (when I come up with one) then, thanks for the patience eitherway, I know it isn't really that much fun to fiddle with an mod which is so incredibly unstable, and I know how annoying that can be.

I really do appreciate your patience in this.

@Regarding the Update for ------ tomorrow (saturday)
Heres the full list of New Weapons (Note: EVERY weapon has its own custom PFX)
*New Templar Weapons List
*(T) Marked = Turret compatible
-"Sancti Missionem / Holy Discharge" - Autocannon - Damage: 65 x16
-"Pulsans Sol / Pulsating Sun" - Pulse laser - Damage: 125 x7 (T)
-"Liquefacio / Desintegrator" - Particle accelerator - Damage: 1024 (T)
-"Coronam / Red Crown" - Beam laser - Damage: 80 x20 (It was tough to make an "consistent" beam, but I think this will work out) (T)
-"Sanctum Gladium / Holy Sword" - Gattling laser - Damage: 32 x32 (Thanks for the idea, Lotrek) (T)
-"Quies Sanctum Gladium / Pulsing Holy Sword" - Pulse laser - Damage: 512 x3 (T)
-"Pulsans Sol Super Turret / Pulsating Sun Super Turret" - Super Pulse laser turret - Damage: 175 x16 (every burst has its own Barrel)
-"Pulsans Sol Rapid-Fire Turret / Pulsating Sun Rapid-Fire Turret" - Rapid-Fire Pulse laser turret - Damage: 65 x2 (Constantly shooting/0.1 recharge time)
-"Anima Exterminans / Soul Destroyer" - Minigun - Damage: 25 x64 (Not yet Turret compatible)
-"Purpura Inferno / Purple Hell" - Heavy Plasma cannon - Damage: 780 x3 (Not yet Turret compatible)

Special credits go to StarRover for the Models(Specifically, the Super Turret model and the Rapid-Fire Turret model)

Demo vid is UP

Last edited by nocalora29; 03-11-2016 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Update