1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 06-04-2012, 04:57 PM

Is near incredible to this date to still wait and wait for a decent Spitfire MK I in: a Game of the Battle of Britain! This plane is the symbol of BOB, his presentation card. That´s like a game of the Battle of Trafalgar with a useless "Victory" or a simultation of Apollo XI with a useless Luna Module "Eagle" or a "Red Baron" with a porked DRI . In the limit maybe we can accept something with a secondary plane like the Blenheim or the Fiat Cr.42, but pleeeeeeease with the Spitfire Mk I in a simultation of BOB?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

For what its worth I did some quick tests on max speed in the Spitfire MkII, collecting data through a BlackBox script. Chart attached, full results here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...94&postcount=6

No wonder we cant catch you, we're about 20mph too slow at medium altitude
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SpitfireMkII_SpeedTest.jpg (193.0 KB, 11 views)

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 AM

I did a simular test on the 109, IAS at SL is 460kmh and 420kmh at 5k... Thats at 1.3 Ata not full throttle with boost but theres not a great deal of difference.

I have tracks if anyone wants them.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

I'll put my neck out here and suggest that the castrated Hurricane be replaced by the Spitfire MkIa. The present Rotol is so poor as to be fodder, it can barely catch the bombers now, and if a human flies the Stuka then I would have my money on the Stuka to win the dogfight

The Spitfire Ia is porked so badly it is a closer match to the RL Hurricane than the Hurricane is, only in game it can turn which the Hurricane cannot - that is also true to RL given that the Hurricane could out turn the Spitfire. So, you have an FM which is a closer match to RL, but you have a plane shape that is totally different - this is the dilemma.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

I actually don't really care about this bit, to be honest. 401 will be in Hurricanes regardless.

If it's a slaughter, it's a slaughter. I don't think the IIa, the Ia, or anything the Reds have is able to compete with a competently flown 109 right now. The IIa maybe, but only if you catch the other guy unawares or at lower altitude than you.

It's really going to come down to who can position their forces best.
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book
Old 06-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I'll put my neck out here and suggest that the castrated Hurricane be replaced by the Spitfire MkIa.
It would not be the BoB without the Hurricane, it would be the dance of the spitfire

I think its best we keep the Hurricane. Not all of the blue fighter pilots will be flying 109's, some will be flying 110's.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
It would not be the BoB without the Hurricane, it would be the dance of the spitfire

I think its best we keep the Hurricane. Not all of the blue fighter pilots will be flying 109's, some will be flying 110's.
There's very little that is BoB about the game currently. At best, it's a weird alternate history version. But let's have some fun with what we have

Bring it on.
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book
Old 06-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw_wolverine View Post
There's very little that is BoB about the game currently. At best, it's a weird alternate history version. But let's have some fun with what we have

Bring it on.
Very sporting approach Wolverine! Good man

..and dont forget, half of the 109's you face will be out gunned!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

15 secs versus 1 minute. I see what you are saying in weight per second but that's not a strictly true statement. What really matters is guns on target anyway - I can have 12 hispanos but if my ride is so inferior it can't get it's guns on target then even 1 peashooter is the better option. Still, I might surprise someone, and if the IIa's can keep the 109's occupied then I can bring down 3 bombers no probs. Just be warned, not everyone is as happy to die as Wolverine

Slow down the bombers Farber and don't make them too high. The Hurricane is a dog, 1C personally made sure it was ruined.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Bf109 E1 has four machine guns, the wing mounted ones dont carry half as much ammo.

Glad you are brining some passion to the fight! It will make it more challenging!

S!