1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Default A small suggestion for the COD development

I have been hearing a lot of rumors about IL-2 development. It seems to me that the IL-2 development has encountered some issues. I know that to develop flight simulations always have some issue compare to other types of games. But usually we have ways to get around that.

Think about it. We as a community wants a good sim, the development team wants to develop a good sim. But company may hesitate due to financial issues.
So I say let's mobilise the community. I have seem this kind of things before, some through pre purchase, some through donation. We get the entire community to help out. 1 individual player may contribute very little, but everyone in the community together, that could be considerable. In the end, players in the community get guaranteed beta access, and the sim they.... WE wanted, and the company gets more funding, everybody wins.

The second thing is the type of payment of the IL-2 is too conservative.
Basically we pay for the game and that is it. But now days, the real profit is in the DLC. Have a look all those successful games around you. They all get profit through DLC and NOT through the game sale. I know that the developing team and the 1C company are honest business people who don't want us to pay more for their game. I appreciate that and we all do. But have you given us that choice?? Have you asked us if we are willing to pay a bit more?? There is no company can win by not knowing those. Because we are a whole. This is not 70's where the company just sale, and the buyers just buy whatever they are selling. You can release Battle for Moscow and then release DLC for individual planes later that are allowed to be used in dynamic campaign or multiplayer. For example, you could have the LaGG-3 series 4 in the Game and release a LaGG-3 series 29 as a DLC and charge people $5~$10. This way, the company gets the financial resources, and player get a good detailed sim, we all can get what we want.

Because turning away from this project just won't do. Battle of Stalingrad won't get you much profit return because it doesn't have the same customer loyalty. We all saw that before when 1C released bird of prey. We all bought it because it has a cool title called IL-2 sturmovok. But we throw it away when we found out it is an arcade game. Because battle for Moscow is the kind of thing we want, a fully detailed simulation.

IL-2 is in the heart of all of us. Please don't let it die out like that.
I hope whom may concern can seriously consider what I have just said and give back the spirit of IL-2 back to us.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Approved Member

Sorry to ruin your dreams but the Cliffs of Dover has been abandened by 1C and the spiritual successor is IL-2 BoS which will be done similar to how you have stated but will be built with the RoF engine instead.

Right now a dedicated team of modders are working on to fix this game to the best they can but they are not going to infringe on BoS territory in terms of threatre. Keep updated by registering at the ATAG forums and you'll get a warm welcome by several of the guys there.

S!
Eagle
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

I don't know what they are thinking!!
How can they abandon something that is nearly done anyway. If they release it, they will at least get some profit back for all those work. But if they just abandon it. They would have worked all those month for nothing.
And who would buy an arcade game??!! Would you??!!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

Old 03-11-2013, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker1985 View Post
I don't know what they are thinking!!
How can they abandon something that is nearly done anyway. If they release it, they will at least get some profit back for all those work. But if they just abandon it. They would have worked all those month for nothing.
And who would buy an arcade game??!! Would you??!!
It's done. Over. Gone. Deal with it.

And didn't we just have this conversation, which turned into the usual idiotic drivel that it always does?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

The second thing is the type of payment of the IL-2 is too conservative.
Basically we pay for the game and that is it. But now days, the real profit is in the DLC. Have a look all those successful games around you. They all get profit through DLC and NOT through the game sale. I know that the developing team and the 1C company are honest business people who don't want us to pay more for their game. I appreciate that and we all do. But have you given us that choice?? Have you asked us if we are willing to pay a bit more?? There is no company can win by not knowing those. Because we are a whole. This is not 70's where the company just sale, and the buyers just buy whatever they are selling. You can release Battle for Moscow and then release DLC for individual planes later that are allowed to be used in dynamic campaign or multiplayer. For example, you could have the LaGG-3 series 4 in the Game and release a LaGG-3 series 29 as a DLC and charge people $5~$10. This way, the company gets the financial resources, and player get a good detailed sim, we all can get what we want.

and don't forget the MEGA - PACK all inclusive DLC and ALL BONUS CONTENT sale - available in six month's time

no-one has mentioned a yearly subscription yet....
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 03-11-2013 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have been hearing a lot of rumors about IL-2 development. It seems to me that the IL-2 development has encountered some issues. I know that to develop flight simulations always have some issue compare to other types of games. But usually we have ways to get around that.

You are very late

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 03-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

Closed, as its been answered!
Closed Thread