1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Maybe in Il-2 sound samples wasn't so good for the cheap speakers
This isnt so true, this last unofficial addons, have some new sounds that are realistic.
But now never mind IL2 is a waste of time right?
Last ask for me is:
Can u assure us that there is an original il2fb.exe check in 4.09, so that all users with not original file installed cant join online?

Thx fot answer

Big
Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkill
Oleg i understand that were are not heavy bomber in BOB, but i hope this time all Airplane implemented in this game will be pilotable.
Impossible to make them pilotable (on our slang - flyable).
1. Not for all is even possible to find sources that to make them looks like real. With the more great quality of modelling in new sim this point is going to be even more stronger than in IL-2.
2. now flyable aircraft, i.e developemtn of aircraft, cockpit of fighter take at least 4-6 months... I don't speak about bombers, which are more complex and have more internal seats to model with enviroument... So if you will make simple calculation and with take equal time for each aircraft you may get many-many years of developemtn only 30-40 aircraft in one small development studio.
3. We will release special tools for third party that will allow to include third party aircraft or new cocmpits... But it will be not like the chaos in MS... it will be by other way and no chaos in online. The new system. But tools - some time after the reelase of BoB itself... So the most advanced third party developers sure will make all flyable or will make completely new things... Simply this i shouldn't tell now in details. Some solutions are secret
Old 10-18-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkill
Quote:
Maybe in Il-2 sound samples wasn't so good for the cheap speakers
This isnt so true, this last unofficial addons, have some new sounds that are realistic.
But now never mind IL2 is a waste of time right?
Last ask for me is:
Can u assure us that there is an original il2fb.exe check in 4.09, so that all users with not original file installed cant join online?

Thx fot answer

Big
Yes, they sounds nice in small speakers, but they are not binaural.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 PM

Thx for answer oleg, im sorry for my language fault, english isnt my first language .

This answer Is great for me thx a lot.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain32
I have a few questions
Will there be anything new in terms of pilot modelling in SoW series?
To expand the question a bit:
Will there be pilot fatigue due to G-forces modelled?
Will virtual pilot still be limited by 50lbs pull on the stick or two handed pulls will be possible?

About FM itself...I've heard about various effects of weather on the plane, but is(I'm pretty sure it is but I hope for some details ) FM itself further improved from present il2 state?
I've heard rumors that we will literary have to learn to fly from scratch...

Thx in advance
Pilot: Ebven charachter of pilot will be modelled. Fatigue as well.

50 Lb is really for two hands as a midle force with which possible to pilot aircraft still in the frame that to do not chrash...

FM isn't the thing that you need to learn again. Some differences in complex situations... but in general fly the same or very close to what is. It will be different in details and more adjustable for different aircaraft types.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

I was really impressed when I got a newer sound card. Il-2 is very good for 2001! I am sure you will be happy with BOB.

Oleg, I had an idea for SOW scripted campaigns:
- In the briefing or debriefing one could be given options to choose from
- These would lead to additional briefing text or, alternatively, they would activate scripts in the upcoming mission (to make small changes).

This would allow campaign builders to give the player the ability to do things like:
- ask predetermined questions during the briefing
- suggest a wingmen needs to be grounded for some rest (effecting their AI level in the upcoming mission)

It should be easy to do. The technology has existed since the late 1970s.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Oleg,

I was wondering if changing the view position using 6DOF will move the pilot's body as well? In real life pilots often tried to hide behind the airplanes engine when attacking bombers.

I also forgot to say thank you! Il-2 has been instrumental in generating interest among people in the west about the Great Patriotic War/Great Domestic War and has also given us a chance to fly a Mig-3.

In your debt,

-Avimimus
Old 10-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Oleg considering "the end of life for IL2", this sound mod would be great in 4.09, at least as option. We undertsand the luck of time but sound mod is really a great addition.

Thank for your answers and your time..
Old 10-18-2007, 01:33 PM

Regarding 4.09:

Can u assure us that there is a check on the il2fb.exe so people that havn't original version cant join online sessions?
In this way we can play IL2 until release of BOB anything cheaters.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here Oleg, it is very much appreciated.

So here are mine:

1. Will radio navigation be included and what maps will you have in game?

2. Will icing on the wings be considered?

3. WHAT will change on the engine (and fuel) management side?
Closed Thread