1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:02 PM

I´m so happy we have such a genious here Kurfurst! Im sure your advices will be noticed by 1C. Actually I think those Ideas are now #1 on their what would we concider list. I´m so happy!!

Usually I take my whole family to hear what has been written by you. You should see how thankfull and impressed they are!! Our life has changed. Thank You and Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

at least is HE not writing pointless posts like some other people
Old 12-23-2007, 11:58 PM

Good ideas Kurfurst. Thank you.

There are uses also for non-historical loadouts in any computer game -- if I read you correctly, non-historical loadouts would still be counted in the FM calculations over mass, drag, inertia, etc... In my original plan for Eastern Front dynamic campaign, where the Luftwaffe conducts strategic bombing, the Soviet PVO may keep RS-82 for the interceptors. I heard that the rockets were popular among some pilots and they wished they were available for fighter use after 1942, but the "higher ups" way high in the command or above, decided to stop rockets as air-air weaponry. I don't know anything more about this. But if LW heavy bombers flew high overhead to the Urals, I would like a campaign variable that may, or may not, allow RS-82 for things like, say, MiG-3U or I-185.

Last edited by LEXX; 12-24-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Approved Member

Me, I would just like to see RS series rockets for the Pe-2...

As for the idea of releasing five expansions, one for each year: I like it!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up Mission Builder Tool

Oleg, are we going to get a competent mission builder tool in BOB SOW equal to the old MSFT CFS2 or Jane's WW2 Fighters Mission Builder?
Old 12-25-2007, 11:31 AM

I can see both POV's on this and both are valid to a degree. I think the key to making SoW a success would be flexibility. I would like to see the following when it comes to load outs for both offline and online:

Historical option:
Have the ability to lock ordinance. This would mean if it wasn’t used historically it’s not available period. No mix and match ability.

What if option:
Have the ability to mix and match ordinance but with historical limitations, i.e. if the ordinance wasn't available at that time or in that theatre then you can't use it. While still using historical ordinance, you have the ability to load a G6 with gun pods and a SC250kg.

Free for all option:
Have the ability to go nuts. Here you could use whatever ordinance will fit no matter the historical side of it. Load Mk-108’s in the FW-190 A1, 2 or 3. It’s not historical but then again it’s not meant to be.

With all of these options, however, there is also the user’s setting of the FM. Obviously if you select full real then there should be a an indicator like a bar that climbs to the a cut off where it's simply say’s your too heavy or it’s unsafe to fly.

Flexibility is the key I think, anyone from the single player to server mods should have the ability to choose these options. After all how historical are labels and padlocking?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

A question for Oleg.....Did the "hack" of IL-2, slow the development of SOW Bob?.....in general, you have been silent on this issue, please comment if you would
Old 12-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
A question for Oleg.....Did the "hack" of IL-2, slow the development of SOW Bob?.....in general, you have been silent on this issue, please comment if you would
The answer is that the 4.05 hack did. It lead to extra work being allocated to adding protection for the 4.06-4.08m series. The second hack then partially bypassed this protection but Oleg had moved his team to finishing Bob by then and Oleg decided to make no "move to parry it" (so it shouldn't have cost the team time).
Old 12-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Oleg: Will you be making everyone that worked on the recent map pack Beta Testers for Bob? I would like to nominate them (after all they know enough they could even help test the map tools etc.)

S!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:24 PM

thanks for the beta Oleg and co, a great gift, better than the socks I received
Closed Thread