1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
Agree.

Which means when "Ju88's spotted over Oye Plage" we'll need to fly 180 degrees AWAY from the target in order to intercept! LOL

(Just kidding.........I hope! )
We just have to be in the air already. Treat every log in as a SCRAMBLE TO 18,000 FT! Get up as fast as you can and stay there.

Don't go down.

Don't do it.

Intercept bombers by diving down, attacking, and coming back up. Don't setup on their tail and shoot away. Take a quick hit and come back up. You'll gradually lose altitude, but claw as much back as you can with every strike.

Historical performance or otherwise, our CloD Spitfires and Hurricanes do not compete with the 109s on level footing.

100 octane fuel, blah blah blah. We're not going to get it. Better to start trying to figure out ways to compete with the planes we have now than the planes we're never going to have.

So altitude and a wing man who knows what he's doing. Those are the two things we could potentially use to level things up.

Enjoy the Channel while it lasts. Everyone flying now is going to be moving to the Russian front when it comes.

EDIT: As for the graph that points out a Spitfire advantage around 22,000+ ft? I'd love to do some trials when the patch comes and see. It'd be nice if they fixed the dot issue for spotting planes to make flying this high useful for a lot of people (especially those of us without perfect vision).
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book

Last edited by bw_wolverine; 04-24-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw_wolverine View Post
100 octane fuel, blah blah blah. We're not going to get it. Better to start trying to figure out ways to compete with the planes we have now than the pl.
what a shame.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyle View Post
what a shame.
Well I am surprised we are getting any FM updates with this patch, I mean with all the work going into the graphics engine. As well, once they pin down the graphics engine, updates to the FM should be much easier to release...
Old 04-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

What, no snivelling to Dowding that our Ia's don't fly up to speed? That the 109's are NASTY to us? What kind of RAF stiff-upper-lip attitude is that????? LOL
Old 04-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Well I am surprised we are getting any FM updates with this patch, I mean with all the work going into the graphics engine. As well, once they pin down the graphics engine, updates to the FM should be much easier to release...
hope so.

like I said, it's only a shame (and only a game). I'm not going to die over it.
Overall I'm happy with the game.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
Speed graphs for Spitfire and Hurricane

I don't have any other graphs or information now.
Hmm these graphs surly not show 100 Octan fuel performanace implement - emergency +12 lbs boost - so i suspected it is not implement into game - really not good.

109 E in patch would have much more close to reality and best results performance - which is good of course.

But looking at British main fighters performacne i really see not good things.

Hurricane MK1 is too slow even for + 6 1/2 lbs performacne:

Spitfire MK1 also not quite correct even for +6 1/2 lbs performance. At lower alts too slow and have to high alt FTH.

There is a enough info about Hurricane and SPitfire MK1 performance i really wonder why 1C cant do it like it should be ????

I know that it could be possible to make it better even in old IL2 engine????

Hey really You can do it better????? Devs there is really enough info to do it correct. Really.

Im dissapointment for these

Last edited by Kwiatek; 04-24-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Kwiatek, the charts you present are accurate, I'm sure, and are on public record. After today's admissions, I honestly do not believe accuracy is desired nor sought after in this game. It's a shame, but I believe that to be the reality.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 PM

Calm down ... did anyone compare the above charts with B6 ones? I don't think so. And btw, not a word about the fact that today the Hurricane is grossly overmodeled and requires a serious correction?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
Calm down ... did anyone compare the above charts with B6 ones? I don't think so. And btw, not a word about the fact that today the Hurricane is grossly overmodeled and requires a serious correction?
umm yes they did, thats the problem, and no one here is denying the hurri is over modelled at the moment.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Approved Member

Well, Insuber, I can tell you I'm deadly calm. It's 1C that claims the Hurricane Rotol is overmodelled -- and you're saying it's grossly overmodelled. I don't believe it is. What I DO know is that the Red fliers have been dealt an unfair hand for a year but waited patiently for 1C to get things sorted out with the graphic coding problems. We did NOT expect further unfairness to be meted out in terms of RAF flight modelling. We haven't been as vocal about it this past year as apparently we should have been.

Charts? Charts haven't done any of the RAF fighters in this game much good, have they?