1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 12-20-2011, 06:09 AM

S!

Really do not get it how the lyrics of that song are connected to 12.1 drivers, Vengeanze.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

I loved them except for one thing. They messed up IL2 1946. When a single mission went to launch it went to a black screen and teh game was "not responding" message. had to go all teh way back to 11.9's to get everything to work again. I may ahve to playa round with settings tonight in IL2 to see if I can use teh new drivers. Right now IL2 is set in video to max settings.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Noticeable better performance than with previous drivers, I recommend to install Catalyst 12.1!

Greets Varrattu
Phenom II X4 @3,4GHz,
2x4gb DDR3-1600
Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2gb
Creative X-FI Titanium YJSB0880
Logitech G15 & G940 (firmware 1.42)
FeeTrack 2.2.0.279

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
... We could not make a lot of what we wanted to make for the CloD.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:40 AM

Default AMD Catalyst 11.12 Conflict/Resolution

Last week I posted a summary of my experiences with memory upgrades (RAM Advice) and how I solved by freeze ups with the installation of 16GB Ripjaws RAM from G.Skill. I also at that time updated my Catalyst drivers to the 11.11c version. Things were running fine all week with no crashes and noticible performance improvements. Yesterday (24 Dec) I was prompted to download the 11.12 Catalyst upgrade and did so. In one day I had four crashes and stutter was very evident. This morning I fired up mission builder and all I did was to start adding text to the briefing screen when the system locked again. I don't know what went wrong but something in the new update was in conflict. Decidedly unhappy with this turn of events I did a complete Catalyst uninstall (big mistake). However, after several hours of black screen (fortunately I have my trusty laptop nearby) I was finally able to download a fresh install of the Catalyst software suite. Only then did I notice the additional separate download available for CrossfireX users.
Now all is as it should be with the latest drivers and I can report that CLoD is performing much smoother. Landscapes drift by without the normal stutter and overall performance is improved. I ran three high RAM demand missions in a row with no problems.
Drivers for the AMD Catalyst software suit and the Catalyst Application Profile downloads for Win 7 64 bit systems are aval at: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx. Advice, if you get frustrated with the update conflicts, don't do a complete uninstall unless you know what you're doing. If you do want to do a complete uninstall and fresh install, go to the link and download/save these two files to your computer. Then when you uninstall and get the black screen, you can still see enough of the screen to get through a new install. Better yet if you have a separate computer nearby unless you know the install screens by heart cause you won't be able to see the radio buttons so be prepared to click blind. If you follow GPU 1 at AMD it will walk you through the slides.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...eDriverWV.aspx
--------------------------------------------------------
CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2063 120mm LQ, AM3 Phenom II X6 1090T(3.2GHz), ASUS M4A87TD EVO MB, G.Skill Ripjaws PC3 12800 DDR3 1600 16 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, Dual 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6870 (CrossfireX) GPUs, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Saitek X52 Pro stick/ thrust/ rudder, Cyborg, 70” Sharp Quatton
Old 12-26-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Really do not get it how the lyrics of that song are connected to 12.1 drivers, Vengeanze.
Yeah, not that clear, I know. I ment that every time there's a new driver version there're posts about upped fps but it never happens to me. My fps are rock solid on 27 avg no matter what tweaks or drivers I try.
My hope is with the >50% increase patch.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:43 PM

S!

Got it now Vengeanze Well, my average FPS went up a few and overall was smoother. Noticeable even not a whopping 50% or so.

To compare I just got Birds Of Prey + DLC at Steam for a throwout price and it was funny to play with 1920x1080 with ALL maxed out. Without a single slow down/stutter and rock solid 60fps no matter how much action around you. Kinda odd to play when a game like that..