1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

After i upgraded from Win XP professional 64 bit to Windows 7 Home basic 64 bit every problem was solved
No strange grapic lines in the sky or water. No Launcher.exe crash, the game was totaly reborn in my chase
RAM : 4 GB

Old 04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandalen View Post
After i upgraded from Win XP professional 64 bit to Windows 7 Home basic 64 bit every problem was solved
No strange grapic lines in the sky or water. No Launcher.exe crash, the game was totaly reborn in my chase
Great that is working for you too
Old 04-20-2011, 04:14 PM

The Patch did a great job now running more smoothly but it seems like the new Nvidia 270.61 driver has improve performance also. I must admit that seeing the Dev team working so hard to get things right that the performance issues will be over soon. Almost of today games are not flawless but today mentality is to get things now but things do take times.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Patch is excellent. This is not an improvement, this is what this game is supposed to be. Love 1C and Oleg. I fly attack aircraft, and love the IL2 series. With this patch fixing the FPS issue, the realism can now appropriately be addressed. Thus far, the 1C team has done it again. COD is awesome. Thanks for the hard work on fixing the bugs. Now its like it never happened!!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:33 AM

Hi,

I bought the game through steam on Tuesday.

Checked that it is the latest version.

These are the issues I'm having:

1. Recorded tracks eg: campaign, play for about one minute then freeze for ten seconds play another frame freeze again for ten seconds again then eventually grinds to a halt requiring me to press escape. Result = I can't watch any recorded tracks

2. Cloud textures seem to be clipping (cut off) in the distance.

3. Voice levels are too quiet, even when volume in audio setup (ingame) are adjusted to max.

=================================================

Personally the game runs very well on my system. High settings seem to run the best. Minimal stutters with Max settings and frame rates are too low over land at times

I'd like FFB similar to IL2 -1946 to be implemented instead of just the centering spring FFB that it has now.

Possibility to turn off Scenery ground shadows only, leaving the rest of the plane shadows (including plane shadow on the ground) intact.

My system:

i7 960 3.2Gb
Sabertooth X-58 Motherboard
GTX 470 1280Mb
OCZ 12Gb 1600Mhz RAM
Win 7 64bit Professional

Thank-you for your continued support, and I look forward to seeing this sim evolve to the great product you have envisaged.

Cheers, Neil

Last edited by Neil Lowe; 04-21-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:59 PM

hey devs im loving the game but not everybody can afford to upgrade evry 1 or 2 years

it would be nice you allowed buildings off(then im pretty sure my system will run perfectly the game) in a future patch so i can beat some preps online
Old 04-21-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
hey devs im loving the game but not everybody can afford to upgrade evry 1 or 2 years

it would be nice you allowed buildings off(then im pretty sure my system will run perfectly the game) in a future patch so i can beat some preps online
8500 is about 5 years old if not older, and it was the entry level 8 series... You definetly should look at getting an entry level 400 or 500 series, you would be looking at about $100 maybe a little more and you would notice a huge difference
Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 PM

500 !!!

edit: crap someone was faster
Old 04-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Last patch is great improvement! FPS is better and stutter a lot less even with high settings.

Turning off useless stuff like moving grass straws makes things also better on ground level.

Still get launcher crashes sometimes.

Hopefully we'll get proper multiscreen support with easy FOV adjustments sometime in future too which doesn't mess up and distort graphics like now with gigantic low res arrows etc...

i7-920@3.6Ghz
6Gb RAM
2x5870 (Crossfire disabled)
Win7 64bit

Last edited by Karppa; 04-22-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:42 AM

Was playing the game tonight on the Syndicate server and performance was pretty good on the British side of the map but as soon as you get near the French side near the cities or industrial areas it lags terribly. I hope this gets fixed on the next patch because its very hard to fight on the French side of the map atm.