1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

View Poll Results: Do you think Heliofly's idea would be a good solution?
yes 38 43.68%
no 37 42.53%
maybe, but.. 12 13.79%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Sternjaeger

Default A good idea on the performance issues

Dear friends, I will post Heliofly's brilliant idea below here, with the hope that you might find it a good idea and that somehow our devs will see this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG4_Helofly View Post
Maybe it would help if there would be a performance difference of about + or - 3% for every plane every time you fly. So even if the enemy flys a slightly faster plane, you don't know if he has a good production model or not. You might even be equally fast with a very well build slower plane. In fact, that's what happened in RL.
if you have ideas on how to further improve the idea please post below.

LINK to the original thread

Last edited by Sternjaeger; 06-13-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

I voted no.

This could lead to an even worse situation than we have atm, some of us don't even have the time to become competent at flying an aircraft that doesn't change everytime you fly it.

This idea could deter future customers, the sim is already complex enough as it is.

Good idea and realistic but not something I would like to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
I voted no.

This could lead to an even worse situation than we have atm, some of us don't even have the time to become competent at flying an aircraft that doesn't change everytime you fly it.

This idea could deter future customers, the sim is already complex enough as it is.

Good idea and realistic but not something I would like to see.
+1
Old 06-13-2011, 02:04 PM

i voted yes.

a small balance in fms wont change much, on the overall picture, a 109 will still outrun a hurri, but wont be able to relly on those 2kmh extra against a spit.

Then again, liek everithing in this sim, it should be put as a difficulty option. people who dont want to use it, simple go to servers where its not used.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

If this goes ahead were going to see 9 times the theads that we currently see , three threads for the max, middle and lowest performance for each aircraft.

Dear oh dear if I were working at MG I would be grabbing my coat after reading this thread...

Seriously we cant agree on one fm for an aircraft how are we going to agree on three per aircraft and how often we get each one......

Quote:
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 06-13-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

This would be interesting if aircrafts were persistent.

I mean that from one gaming session to the next the plane keeps the same condition (as in A2A's Spitfire), so that in a campaign, you really have your own aircraft. You take care of it with your trusted crew chief...or lone mechanic, and it could be tweaked.

Then it would be interesting. But as it is it would be only frustrating and create situations. So I voted no. Maybe in a year, but only in campaign mode and switchable on or off.

Louisv
Crucial M4 256GB SSD, WD Raptor 600 GB hard disk
EVGA GTX580 graphics card
HP ZR24W Monitor 1900 X 1200 24"
Thrustmaster Warthog joystick
Saitek Combat rudder pedals
TrackIr 5
Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
If this goes ahead were going to see 9 times the theads that we currently see , three threads for the max, middle and lowest performance for each aircraft.

Dear oh dear if I were working at MG I would be grabbing my coat after reading this thread...
I think you are completely missing the point.

The idea, which is a good reflection of what happened in REAL LIFE, could address a lot of the alleged unfairness, by adding a random, unbeknown to the player, performance increase or decrease of a minor percentage.

If anything it could be deactivated as an option, I think you're being too dramatic man
Old 06-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

I am not being dramatic I am looking at the big picture. We can't agree on anything in this community thus this will just lead to more arguments.

Also if you do get a rubbish aircraft you will find ppl will turn around and land and keep on doing this until they have the best version, come on we KNOW that this will happen.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea but in practice ppl will try to take advantage of this, I'm just trying to be realistic but I fear I am coming off a pessimist

Quote:

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 06-13-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Also if you do get a rubbish aircraft you will find ppl will turn around and land and keep on doing this until they have the best version, come on we KNOW that this will happen.
I would NEVER do that!!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

no, none of us would
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.