1C Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official 1C Company forum > 1C Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 06-26-2011, 09:09 PM

Default AMD/ATI stuck at 400HMz in game

I've tried getting these 5770's to run at full speed but they would do it in game. I try other games and my cards run at full speed. Anybody have a fix for this?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEditor View Post
I've tried getting these 5770's to run at full speed but they would do it in game. I try other games and my cards run at full speed. Anybody have a fix for this?
Delete or rename the ubisoft logo (logo.wmv) found in steam/steamapps/common/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/parts/core/gui

that should sort it out. For me though, it's not done this since the second patch - I hope they're not accidentally reintroducing it somehow.

also http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19807
Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 PM

Thanks man, that fixed it. My fps are back up.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:44 AM

same problem ill try this ..
Old 06-27-2011, 01:54 AM

Yup, the Ubisoft logo tricks the ATI card into thinking its running a flash game essentially because the movie is played by a flash player which is not usual for games which normally use a video decoder such as Bink instead. Deleting it lets the card detect the game properly, as well as giving you a much quicker menu loading time.

The file might be redownloaded with future updates through Steam so you will have to delete it each time.

As for questions to whether the bug is still around or not, I no longer use my old HD4870 which did get it so I can't confirm. The newer HD6000 series cards don't seem to suffer from this issue but I delete the logo anyway just to be sure.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 AM

Yeah I've not had it with my 5770's since the second patch or so. I do rename it, but as the update always restores the file I get one try with it before renaming again to remove it, just to see.

@ The Editor - how's your crossfire working? Mine is still terrible, framerate's up & down like a midget on a trampoline and around half of what I get with a single card, terrible stutter etc. Just wondering if I'm the only who can't get xfire working now

Last edited by Orpheus; 06-27-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:05 PM

Cool! it works! amazing! Thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 AM

I sold my 6990 and now I'm using my 6970. The problem with the horrid FPS drops are gone with just running a single card rather than the 6990 & 6970. I'm switching back to Nvidia going for a GTX 680 4GB. I installed my my old 8800 ultra and was able to play IL2 COD with a GPU from 2006, lol! It looked like crap but I was able to play. I hope the devs are able to fix the issue because I would like to get another 680 once the price drops after the GTX685 is released sometime in Oct, Dec.